Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who you would like to play as protagonist in AP 2

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Who you want to play a s protagonist in AP 2? (105 member(s) have cast votes)

Who you would like to play in AP 2?

1. Mike Thorthon (46 votes [43.81%])

Percentage of vote: 43.81%

2. Steven Heck (9 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

3. Sis (7 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. Sie (3 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

5. G22 agent (5 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

6. VCI guard (1 votes [0.95%])

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

7. New character (34 votes [32.38%])

Percentage of vote: 32.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Bad Instincts
I know is to early to wish a sequel but who you would like to play as protagonist if Obsidian were planning a sequel?

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5637 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Preferably a new guy.

And then woven around the AP1 story, so you might face consequences of stuff that happened there, or even view things from a different side... :)

Fallen Ghost

Fallen Ghost

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 125 posts
None of the above. I'd rather they did a prequel to AP where you play as a younger Marburg through his Deus Vault operation in Pakistan and go from there.

Deadly_Nightshade

Deadly_Nightshade

Vampire

• Members
  • 5127 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'd not mind a game focused around Sis.

EDIT: Or SIE, that would be fun too.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade, 06 June 2010 - 07:16 PM.

Serrano

Serrano

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'd like to play as Mike again if Obsidian could do it in a way that felt appropriate. Otherwise someone new.

Edited by Serrano, 06 June 2010 - 08:13 PM.

zkylon

zkylon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
A new guy, because while Mike's awesome, i'd like to further the Deus Ex connections and make Mike an NPC you ran into down the line. Better yet, your handler :D

loner_2.0

loner_2.0

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
how about a new guy who you play for 1/3 the game. Then he gets killed and you take control of Mike Thorton.

AP2 should also have a party system or something (like choose an ally to acompany you). So Heck can serve as backup

Deadly_Nightshade

Deadly_Nightshade

Vampire

• Members
  • 5127 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

how about a new guy who you play for 1/3 the game. Then he gets killed and you take control of Mike Thorton.

No. Just no. We don't want Modern Warfare 3: The RPG. >_<

Serrano

Serrano

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'd not mind a game focused around Sis.

EDIT: Or SIE, that would be fun too.

Out of interest, would the one we didn't control be potential nookie?

Edited by Serrano, 06 June 2010 - 09:18 PM.

loner_2.0

loner_2.0

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

No. Just no. We don't want Modern Warfare 3: The RPG. >_<

why do people always do that 0.o? Give credit for an innovation to the one who made it famous. MW was not the first where the protagonist died then switched to a new one or an older one. GOW was not the maker of QTEs, and Total Annihilation > Starcraft (no offense South Korea)

Serrano

Serrano

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I don't think he was giving credit for the idea to Infinity Ward, mearly using a well known example so that more people can relate.

Edited by Serrano, 06 June 2010 - 09:59 PM.

loner_2.0

loner_2.0

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

I don't think he was giving credit for the idea to Infinity Ward, mearly using a well known example so that more people can relate.

well by give credit I mean when people say 1 game is copying another because of a mechanic that wasn't even invented by that certain game.

Like how people said games w/ QTEs are copying god of war(that still makes my blood boil)

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7330 posts
New guy (or possibly a girl, and Thorton would be the Mina of AP2 o:)), maybe sent by the new AP (or just by PC Darcy) to track down Thorton. Then you meet up with him, he tells you about a big conspiracy and becomes your handler.

ANYTHING but the *amnesia, you're lvl 1 again* crap again.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'd like to play Mike again, he surpassed my expectations by far. He's awesome.

Plus, the ending of AP just seems like it could set up a really interesting situation for a sequel. I'd like to follow through on that, playing as Mike.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4721 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Scarlett.

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1840 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
New character or as Mike.

Ulicus

Ulicus

Grand Theologian of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
As much as I love Mike, I'm going to have to say a new character -- so long as they can be of either gender.

Though my true preference would be for Obsidian to take the Saints Row II route, and allow for Mike to have (retroactively) been female all along (introducing MICHAELA "MIKE" THORTON). Because, sure, I'd love to continue his story... but I think as long as Obsidian stick to a fixed-gender protagonist in this kind of RPG they're shooting themselves in the foot.

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Bad Instincts

None of the above. I'd rather they did a prequel to AP where you play as a younger Marburg through his Deus Vault operation in Pakistan and go from there.

I thought to add Marburg but as you said would be a prequel; that is why i didn't add Omen Deng , but i think Marburg don't work as a spy , he's a ruthless assassin that don't care a bit save the world.

Edited by Alpha, 07 June 2010 - 07:42 AM.

Aurvan

Aurvan

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Mike and his love interest go into hiding in India. But an assassin is after them, and in an attempt to kill Mike, his love interest is killed instead. Mike survives, and a new quest to find the assassin, and find out why he was sent after him, sets the plot off!

Wait... that sounded familiar...

Mojito

Mojito

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 127 posts
None of the characters from the original AP (except Mike) wouldn't work. Why? Because they already have a moral plan. Heck is crazy, it wouldn't make sense if he responds professionally. Same for Sie. Sis is a mute, so that throws the dialogue system out of the window. (Also, I f*cking hate mute protagonists. *looking at majority of FPS games*).

They definitely should keep Thorton as the protagonist.

As much as I love Mike, I'm going to have to say a new character -- so long as they can be of either gender.

Though my true preference would be for Obsidian to take the Saints Row II route, and allow for Mike to have (retroactively) been female all along (introducing MICHAELA "MIKE" THORTON). Because, sure, I'd love to continue his story... but I think as long as Obsidian stick to a fixed-gender protagonist in this kind of RPG they're shooting themselves in the foot.

No. Just no. Saints Row 2 is a wacky game and doesn't give a sh*t about the plot. AP is serious game and turning Mike into a tranny would be dumb.

Edited by Mojito, 07 June 2010 - 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users