Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SIE is in her FOURTIES?!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8291 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
News around november was that it was pushed back due to massive bugs.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7301 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

News around november was that it was pushed back due to massive bugs.

Nope, that was just a guess.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8291 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ah :lol: I was going off hearsay from one of my coworkers :lol:

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7301 posts
Someone did say later (much later) that a crapload of bugs were eliminated, but that wasn't cited as a main reason for the delay when it happened.

razgriz_1400

razgriz_1400

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

This opinion of SIE (being to old at 40) and Sis (being under underage at 18 to 23) only shows people have no idea what they are talking about, but have no problem showing their ignorance to the world in forums. :shifty:

I agree. SIE is my favorite female character, but I've always had a weakness for the crazy Amazon-ish women of a video game. Sis is my second favorite since she kicked my *** worse than Brayko did on my first playthrough. XD The only female character I didn't like was Madison since I have precisely ZERO patience for damsels in distress, I mean if you're playing a sociopath Mike, she shows she can take care of herself (hits you in the head then blasts you with a shock trap) but then she turns into a complete wuss around Marburg. At least when SIE gets captured, I can see her making Brayko's thugs work for it at least...

Maria Caliban

Maria Caliban

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3945 posts

Weird ... she still doesn't show up. Do I have to piss off Malburg or something?

The dude loved me and I encountered her.

SAMS

SAMS

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
Mike has to be in his early thirties if one looks at age averages, of what he has accomplished.

First, his conversation with Surkov/Championchik, he states he won 2 gold medals, one for shooting and one for martial arts. The average age of Olympians in shooting is 28, the average age in martial arts is 25. Taking into account where most Olympians delay their education or attend part time, there is no way Mike is in his mid 20s.

Even though the game does not identify who Mike worked for previous to AP, it does imply CIA. This organization requires a minimum of a Bachalors Degree. The minimum years of intital training is 2, which does not include field agents, which can take up to 4 years. He states to Westridge, a desk job isn't his forte.

Regarding SIE, I see sexism and ageism towards females is still alive and kicking. Being a female, around SIE's age, I found some of the comments, offensive, degrading, bias, and my delusion the male community has improved is incorrect.

Of the 4 females in the game, SIE is the only female who is attractive, strong, and has a mind of her own. Being ex-military I indentified with her and her caustic nature. Madison, even though I do like her, is a timid character. Mina, I shoot her in the head or leave her tied up to die. During her and Mike's conversations I pan the cam away from her blow up doll mouth. Her voice makes my skin crawl, I mute the sound. Scarlet is, useless. She adds nothing to the game except she is the assassin. Sis? The locket conversation says it all, right from Mike's mouth, she is a child. Nice to know Mike has some strong ethics regarding this issue. His dialog towards Albatross is defensive on Sis' behalf. His words were cutting and Sis' trust towards Mike increases. The St. George medallion was an awesome addition, and says it all. Tradition states, when a St. George medal is offered is it a sign of trust and a cry for help. Go back and look at Mike's face after his encounter with Sis. The scene where he executes her is even more telling.

Just because laws state consenting age does not make the situation right. (Even Leland makes that statement to Mike.) A teen girl, yes, girl, and a man in his early thirties, keeps the archiac beliefs firmly ground into society. Remember, for the most part it is MEN who create and pass the laws, without full representation of females, to say, not on my watch. Even Mike knows it is wrong, but yet that is completely dismissed by the ethically disabled.

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1543 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I think Mike was joking about those olympic medals :p And I'm also pretty sure his age is stated somewhere and that he is 28.

Isn't SIE's character a kind of caricature for the 'Rambo Girl' (that woman exudes more testosterone than Stallone, Schwarzeneger and Rourke put together :lol: )? Granted, it's not something you see much often in games, but it seems just as much of a cliché than 'Damsel in Distress' Madison. I love those two characters though.

And I don't think that Leland was referring to Sis in that dialog about the age difference, the poor man is pretty much in the dark when it comes to G22.

Edited by Sannom, 18 December 2010 - 10:21 AM.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8291 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Mike has to be in his early thirties if one looks at age averages, of what he has accomplished.

First, his conversation with Surkov/Championchik, he states he won 2 gold medals, one for shooting and one for martial arts. The average age of Olympians in shooting is 28, the average age in martial arts is 25. Taking into account where most Olympians delay their education or attend part time, there is no way Mike is in his mid 20s.

Even though the game does not identify who Mike worked for previous to AP, it does imply CIA. This organization requires a minimum of a Bachalors Degree. The minimum years of intital training is 2, which does not include field agents, which can take up to 4 years. He states to Westridge, a desk job isn't his forte.

It's suggested he's CIA, but they also suggest NSA and military with some of the possible starting backrounds iirc.

Jokerman89

Jokerman89

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 57 posts

WTF?! Isn't that a little gross considering she is a romance option?

are you like 12...seriously man :ermm: Grow up son

FiOth

FiOth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:FiOth GR
It's not like a 40-years old woman is some kind of relic man... ffs.

Besides look at her! I'd surely like a piece of that pie, no question about it. :)

Trollossus

Trollossus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
Hey SIE is freaky and experienced, and sexy in a weird way. Plus knowing she was voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn makes me love her more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users