Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SIE is in her FOURTIES?!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Kasabian

Kasabian

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 110 posts
I actually think a romance with sis would be more gross, she is just a kid, plus I do not care for her character.

I did not romance any characters on my first playthrough, I like to play the professional. Second I picked Scarlet, because she is a perfect match for Thorton.

I guess a gamers opinion on what character is sexy and which is not depends on their age group. I bet most that like Sis and repulsed by Sie are still kids themselves. Those that like both are older and those that dislike Sis and think Sie is acceptable are older still.

Obsidian did well, they catered for all age groups and character types with love interests.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7293 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

I never thought about it, but that last bit about the player being around the same age as her makes sense. (Although that player might not should have AP.) Personally, I don't want to romance her. I like the role she plays as is. She needs more time in the game.

I agree completely.
While I don't want to rob anyone from their romance subplot, breaking Sis' heart by rejecting her would be too cruel. D: :sorcerer:

Kasabian: What part of she's 18 at worst (=not a kid) is hard to comprehend? :)

Edited by Oner, 06 June 2010 - 02:32 AM.

Hell Kitty

Hell Kitty

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2308 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

While originally Sis was supposed to be 16, her in-game age is around 20.

If you kill her, a news report back at your safehouse mentions the body of a teenage girl being found on the boat.

I can understand players who are in their teens or early twenties (and even some dirty old men) wanting to romance* her, but we don't play the game as ourselves, we play as Michael Thorton. Different versions of Thorton certainly, but with Mike being at best in his late twenties, there really was no way Obsidian was going to include her in the list of female characters you can sleep with, regardless of how much some players wish to see their masturbatory fantasies played out.

*have sex with

Edited by Hell Kitty, 06 June 2010 - 02:56 AM.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts

If you kill her, a news report back at your safehouse mentions the body of a teenage girl being found on the boat.

And her dossier says otherwise. Wanna continue the pointless argument?

Hell Kitty

Hell Kitty

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2308 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

And her dossier says otherwise.

No it doesn't.

Her dossier says Age: Unknown (appears to be in her late teens to early 20's). The news report narrows it down slightly to to her teens. Neither give an exact age, at no point in the game do we find out her exact age, but we are told that she is a teenage girl.

Edited by Hell Kitty, 06 June 2010 - 03:17 AM.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts

No it doesn't.

to early 20's)

Anyway, she's still not a ****ing loli.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3179 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't think she should be a teenager obviously but I do think portraying a woman in her 40s as a sex symbol is pushing it.

Kathryn Hepburn.
Nicole Kidman.
Kylie Minogue.
Most of the cast of Sex and the City (although personally I'd argue against some of them).
Kelly Lebrock.
Madonna (again, I'd argue against that..)
Demi Moore.
Julia Roberts.
Lucy Lui.
Jennifer Aniston.

And that's just off the top of my head... Sex symbol is about the look, attitude, and style. Hell, Sex and the City, Desperate Housewives, and even that new one..Cougar Town? are all about women at that age being sex symbols of some sort.. and they've all been fairly wildly popular to the public at large.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts
No love for Monica Bellucci?

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3179 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
tsk.. I just couldn't think of her name..

Hell Kitty

Hell Kitty

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2308 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

No it doesn't.

to early 20's)

Hey, if we cut that quote down even more to just 20, we can claim that the game states her age as 20!

Except it doesn't. The dossier suggests based on her appearance she could possibly be in her 20's, but then the news report contradicts that by pointing out she is teenage girl.

And considering the 16 is legal in Europe so it'd okay for Mike to have sex with her argument some folks put forth, it shouldn't even be necessary to insist that she could be in her 20's.

Edited by Hell Kitty, 06 June 2010 - 04:05 AM.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts

No it doesn't.

to early 20's)

Hey, if we cut that quote down even more to just 20, we can claim that the game states her age as 20!

Hey, if we cut the quote down even more to just teen, we can claim that he game states her age as 16!
Never mind that I said around 20, which 'late teen to early twenties' is.

What are you trying to prove exactly? She's still not under aged regardless of how many times you say teen.

Hell Kitty

Hell Kitty

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2308 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hey, if we cut the quote down even more to just teen, we can claim that he game states her age as 16!

No we can't, that doesn't even make any sense, as the number 16 isn't used in that quote.

What are you trying to prove exactly? She's still not under aged regardless of how many times you say teen.

You're saying, based on the dossier, that she's probably closer to 20. I'm saying, based on the news report, that she's probably closer to 16. This is due to the fact that in a news report (here in Australia at least), being referred to as a teenage girl would put one's age at 17 or under, 18 or over would see one referred to as a young woman. Which would make you wrong, because her in-game age is most likely 16 or 17, not around 20, and when someone is wrong on the internet is it very important to correct them.

Edited by Hell Kitty, 06 June 2010 - 04:23 AM.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3179 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You're saying, based on the dossier, that she's probably closer to 20. I'm saying, based on the news report, that she's probably closer to 16. This is due to the fact that in a news report (here in Australia at least), being referred to as a teenage girl would put one's age at 17 or under, 18 or over would see one referred to as a young woman. Which would make you wrong, because her in-game age is most likely 16 or 17, not around 20, and when someone is wrong on the internet is it very important to correct them.

And yes.. the news reports in game were shown to be highly accurate of what was actually going on... :no:

Ausir

Ausir

Encyclopedist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

WTF?! Isn't that a little gross considering she is a romance option?
They should've made her 33 at the very oldest. Does Obsidian think we all have granny fetishes or something?

Considering a lot of people have a wish for pedophilia, why not?
At least SIE is legal, and not a 16 years old girl.

Don't get me wrong, Sis is a charming girl (especially when she passes the age limit), but if SIE is considered as granny fetish, then you're a pedophile.
I have nothing against Sis, but I hope the example made my point clear.

16 is perfectly legal in Russia, which is where you encounter Sis.

Hell Kitty

Hell Kitty

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2308 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
In Europe (and Russia specifically) at what age does one get to vote? Because being at or over the age of sexual consent does not make one an adult.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts

No we can't, that doesn't even make any sense, as the number 16 isn't used in that quote.

I didn't say she's twenty either, didn't keep you from pretending I did. :p Aaaand you call her "17 or under" later in your post anyway, so I was right. :sorcerer:

Yeah a couple of people look at a girl they can't identify, tell the press she's a teenager (never mind that a late teen -17-19- is still a teen), which means they can't even pinpoint her age, but of course what they say is unerring truth. Because the press was never wrong in anything, no sir. And it was in fact Mike who shot Sung. ;)
Her dossier (you know, in-universe research) is again, putting her in her late teens-early twenties. Even if we go by the Australian legislation/vocabulary/whatever, if she's a 16-17 y/o teen, the dossier would be putting a big 3 year gap between the two age "guesses". That kinda doesn't make sense. :*
(Also, the game was made by US people, not Australians.)

Ausir

Ausir

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
A dossier collected by a super spy is more reliable than some news report.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7293 posts

A dossier collected by a super spy is more reliable than some news report.

I don't think it's that specific. More like agency researches (Interpol, CIA etc), cross references, the occasional lucky camera shot, etc.

Manx

Manx

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Ferrous Reaver

Considering a lot of people have a wish for pedophilia, why not?
At least SIE is legal, and not a 16 years old girl.

Don't get me wrong, Sis is a charming girl (especially when she passes the age limit), but if SIE is considered as granny fetish, then you're a pedophile.
I have nothing against Sis, but I hope the example made my point clear.

Well, considering Sis is not a prepubescent child, no, your "pedophilia" example does not make your point clear.

And as some have mentioned already, the age of consent is far from a reasonable (much less objective) standard anyway, since it varies considerably across the world. You can name most any European country, including Russia, and she'd be perfectly legal even if she was 16 (though the game itself actually implies she's 18+). Heck, the global average age of consent is exactly 16 years of age.

That said, I think calling SIE "granny" is a bit harsh. Sure, being in her 40s does make her a bit on the old side, but she does look remarkably good for her age. The whole cougar schtick she's got going on adds a lot to her charm, too; particularly with Mina's jealous comments.

Ausir

Ausir

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Heck, the global average age of consent is exactly 16 years of age.

Heck has nothing to do with it! At least officially!

Edited by Ausir, 06 June 2010 - 07:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users