Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SIE is in her FOURTIES?!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Busomjack

Busomjack

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts
WTF?! Isn't that a little gross considering she is a romance option?
They should've made her 33 at the very oldest. Does Obsidian think we all have granny fetishes or something?

loner_2.0

loner_2.0

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
Thorton is in his mid 20s....so technically, she's old enough to be his mother.

Old reliable indeed

Busomjack

Busomjack

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

Thorton is in his mid 20s....so technically, she's old enough to be his mother.

Old reliable indeed

Is Michael Thorton's age confirmed anywhere? I always just assumed late twenties. It's strange that he goes after old bags like SIE but doesn't even try to scrog that hot teen Sis.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9272 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Speaking of SIE, I've yet to even encounter her after 1 and a half play thrus.

Without going into great detail, when/how does she appear?

GreasyDogMeat

GreasyDogMeat

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1636 posts
Uh... if all grannies looked like Sie... then yes I'd have granny fetish. >_< No one is forcing you to try and bed her either... unless you want that certain achievement. :*

Speaking of SIE, I've yet to even encounter her after 1 and a half play thrus.

Without going into great detail, when/how does she appear?

For general location
Spoiler

More specific
Spoiler

Edited by GreasyDogMeat, 05 June 2010 - 07:13 PM.

Deadly_Nightshade

Deadly_Nightshade

Vampire

• Members
  • 5015 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Isn't that a little gross considering she is a romance option?

No.

gotthammer

gotthammer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

They should've made her 33 at the very oldest. Does Obsidian think we all have granny fetishes or something?

Hehehe. Wasn't there a comment from Mike saying that he was going "cougar hunting"? >_<
Not gross, IMHO.
SIE is actually my favourite among the available romance options (followed by Mina, I guess, who doesn't look so young either).

That and 40+ isn't so old (tho' that's really up to personal taste, I guess...I know my fair share of people who
seem to think that girls above their teens are 'old' :* ).

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4944 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Remember the mail to Mina, that Mike's pass is M1LFLVR? -_-

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 10842 posts
OT: Let's remain this side of the not spilling sand from the box, please ... this is a forum that caters to ALL ages after all ...

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8218 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
SIE seems to be a bit more realistic about the hook up than Madison, and Scarlett feels like she's just there to fill the "Bond girl" role. After all Madison was "oh hay, I helped you out and you helped me out, and i was tender for a half second... wanna make a baby?".

As to her being older and playing "Hide the pickle"? That's not exactly unsual, and it'd fit her personality to a T. I mean hell, Catherine the Great had partners until she died CONSTANTLY. And both women assume roles generally associated with men so *shrugs*.

And honestly, she looks more early thirties than forties to me.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8756 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Considering many people are happy to lust after Hollywood stars in their 40's and 50's and have paparazzi's grab their sunbathing pictures, I don't see a problem. People just want all women to look pretty and young so they can imagine they're 16/18. That's a lot more disgusting than two adults having a romance, it's not like SIE's a grandma in a rest home. -_-

Hell Kitty

Hell Kitty

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2308 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
You must be very young if this troubles you so much.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8218 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Considering many people are happy to lust after Hollywood stars in their 40's and 50's and have paparazzi's grab their sunbathing pictures, I don't see a problem. People just want all women to look pretty and young so they can imagine they're 16/18. That's a lot more disgusting than two adults having a romance, it's not like SIE's a grandma in a rest home. -_-

She doesn't strike me as the type to be a granny in a rest home... she'd probably be more like the old battle axe who scares people into not going to the DMV. Or if she did have kids, there'd be a TON of them and they'd all be very very scared of her.

Also, if you're young, go for an older sugar momma :(

thufirhawat333

thufirhawat333

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts

Considering a lot of people have a wish for pedophilia, why not?
At least SIE is legal, and not a 16 years old girl.

Don't get me wrong, Sis is a charming girl (especially when she passes the age limit), but if SIE is considered as granny fetish, then you're a pedophile.
I have nothing against Sis, but I hope the example made my point clear.

Busomjack

Busomjack

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts

Don't get me wrong, Sis is a charming girl (especially when she passes the age limit), but if SIE is considered as granny fetish, then you're a pedophile.

I don't think she should be a teenager obviously but I do think portraying a woman in her 40s as a sex symbol is pushing it.

thufirhawat333

thufirhawat333

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts
Ah, I see then, it's another story.
Well, it may be a bit old-school in this way. But look at the movie titled Les femmes de l'ombre (or not, as the movies isn't bad, but it's not that good), could you say that she's like a granny?
Oh noes, she's still hot.
For some people, aging isn't that sightly as for others. And in SIE's case, the age helps building up the background. As an addition, you can totally ignore her, the relationship is not forced on you (I used to do it too on some characters).
The ex-stasi mercenary completely fits the James Bond-ish flavor of the game, so I perceive it as a good move.

Edited by thufirhawat333, 06 June 2010 - 01:37 AM.

Ulicus

Ulicus

Grand Theologian of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Gold Backer

I don't think she should be a teenager obviously but I do think portraying a woman in her 40s as a sex symbol is pushing it.

You're absolutely crazy, sorry. :sorcerer:

SpiderMan1217

SpiderMan1217

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:SpiderMan1217

Older weman are beutiful lovers.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7005 posts
  • Backer

While originally Sis was supposed to be 16, her in-game age is around 20. Regardless, 16 is legal here. Aaaand not every gamer is 32. Some younger players would prefer to romance that cute girl who happens to be around (or the closest to) their age, and don't give a damn that their proxy (Mike) is 5/10 years older than her.

SpiderMan1217

SpiderMan1217

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:SpiderMan1217

While originally Sis was supposed to be 16, her in-game age is around 20. Regardless, 16 is legal here. Aaaand not every gamer is 32. Some younger players would prefer to romance that cute girl who happens to be around (or the closest to) their age, and don't give a damn that their proxy (Mike) is 5/10 years older than her.

I never thought about it, but that last bit about the player being around the same age as her makes sense. (Although that player might not should have AP.) Personally, I don't want to romance her. I like the role she plays as is. She needs more time in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users