Checkpoint problems

Alpha

Question

I think the Devs should fix this checkpoint problem :

after the game be saved i set some shocktrap/mines in the floor to strategically beat the enemies but if i got die ; when i reload the last save i lost all the items that i used before die.

9 answers to this question

On the subject of checkpoint issues: in one of the first set of missions, every time I reloaded from a checkpoint, a certain number of enemies would be missing. The mission was the bug the tower mission.

In addition, there were one or two checkpoints which were just not in a very good position, especially since when it reloads a checkpoint it makes Mike stand up - it would have Mike start right next to an enemy.

Had a weird checkpoint issue - not inventory related.

In the level where you're trying to stop Deng and the Assassination plot, there's a checkpoint when you enter the Chinese garden.

I got killed and reloaded.

I was back at the Chinese garden entrance; I turned around and the doors were open but there was no level behind me (black space and a city horizon in the background).

Naturally I couldn't leave well enough alone and walked through the door and fell off the level into blackspace.

Had to hard reboot the game, reloaded and the doors were still open as before (but this time I just went on through the door going forward).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On the subject of checkpoint issues: in one of the first set of missions, every time I reloaded from a checkpoint, a certain number of enemies would be missing. The mission was the bug the tower mission.

The one of plating the bug in the tower? yes, it does happen, as well as in the mission on investigate the warehouse in Taipei...

Had a weird checkpoint issue - not inventory related.

In the level where you're trying to stop Deng and the Assassination plot, there's a checkpoint when you enter the Chinese garden.

I got killed and reloaded.

I was back at the Chinese garden entrance; I turned around and the doors were open but there was no level behind me (black space and a city horizon in the background).

Naturally I couldn't leave well enough alone and walked through the door and fell off the level into blackspace.

Had to hard reboot the game, reloaded and the doors were still open as before (but this time I just went on through the door going forward).

I can confirm this. It's the section that's between 2 doors. The one you entered last is all screwed up. Its doors are open and you can walk back into the void.

Another issue with the checkpoint is related to achieve the stealth perks, "one with the shadows", mainly. The conditions are as follows:

1. plant bug tower mission,CIA, Taipei warehouse, taking down and tranq enemies with no red status with NO RELOADING from last checkpoint, achievement of the "one with the shadows" perk.

2. plant bug tower mission,CIA, Taipei warehouse, taking down and tranq enemies with no red status with RELOADING from last checkpoint, NO achievement of the "one with the shadows" perk.

According to the perk description, "In an impressive act of covert action, you completed 3 missions wherein less than 5 enemies were killed and no hostiles became alerted to your presence.". That means that you can tranq or take down all the enemies or kill 4 enemies. So, loading the checkpoint if you are caught, breaks the achievement... but if you don't tranq or take down up to 4 enemies, get caught and reload, it gives you the achievement.

This is particularly notorious in hard mode, since to tranq is not always silently...

I've found a workaround for the stealth perks... you can tranq/take down all the enemies you want without them going red, or alarms... you only need to SAVE MANUALLY after a checkpoint, if you are caught or else, load from your manual save, DO NOT load from the AUTOMATIC save...

I just got the 2 perks, as a member posted before, the problem is loading from the automatically saved checkpoint, so you need to save manually and load from that save

Perhaps the same workaround can be applied to this checkpoint bug... :ermm:

I've ran into a real nasty one. Went from the safe house in Moscow to the safe house in Tai Pei. Something really odd happens, I can't asscess Mikes invintory nor leave the safe or interact with anything. Its almost as if it dosen't load correctly from the DVD as I've tried quitting and loading from a manual save with no luck.

I've ran into a real nasty one. Went from the safe house in Moscow to the safe house in Tai Pei. Something really odd happens, I can't asscess Mikes invintory nor leave the safe or interact with anything. Its almost as if it dosen't load correctly from the DVD as I've tried quitting and loading from a manual save with no luck.
I don't understand how this is related to the checkpoint system, but I think that you should listen to Mina and go take a shower.

Seriously. Go take a shower.

t50aJUd.jpg

I don't understand how this is related to the checkpoint system, but I think that you should listen to Mina and go take a shower.

Seriously. Go take a shower.

:( Good advice, lol.