ID Jibril Al-Bara at the Chateau glitch. PLEASE HELP!!!

Reg1.1

Question

I have posted the problem numerous time, sent an IM to a developer and yet nothing has been said on what to do to fix this issue.

On the second part of this mission, when IDing bothe the prostitute and Peter van der Graaf, I get the data transmited, but Mina says nothing, the sniper stays locked on to the target forever, and the game can no continue from there. I have reloaded saves/ reinstalled the game/ shot everyone/ reinstalled windows/ played a new game up to the same point to no avail, the issue persists and I want to know what Obsidian is going to do about it, because I payed my hard earned money for this game, waited for it for years and know I can not play it, because of a bug. Someone please help, this is driving me nuts.

hey can you help me with mine?... i cant upload file type because activition is down. you can reach me @ "magicguy622@yahoo.com" and i will send it to you

I'd rather not mess with emails...can you try uploading directly to forums again? Remember you have to zip the file in order to upload to the forums. If there was a problem with uploading before nufc4106 seems to be able to upload without a problem.

nufc4106, I've finished your save file.

nufc4106.zip

hey can you help me with mine?... i cant upload file type because activition is down. you can reach me @ "magicguy622@yahoo.com" and i will send it to you

I'd rather not mess with emails...can you try uploading directly to forums again? Remember you have to zip the file in order to upload to the forums. If there was a problem with uploading before nufc4106 seems to be able to upload without a problem.

i keep getting the same error"Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file" it a zip file like the one above

Edited by magicguy622

i keep getting the same error"Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file" it a zip file like the one above

You can try uploading to zippyshare like others have done earlier in the thread. Then post the link here.

You can try uploading to zippyshare like others have done earlier in the thread. Then post the link here.

thks for the help

hello.rar

Ok... at the cost of labeling myself as a complete PC gaming n00b (which I am; bought the PC version because I've yet to buy an XBox 360 but have a decent laptop)... where does one find the files for one's saves? I can access the Config files and so on, but I'm not finding the save files anywhere.

Ok... at the cost of labeling myself as a complete PC gaming n00b (which I am; bought the PC version because I've yet to buy an XBox 360 but have a decent laptop)... where does one find the files for one's saves? I can access the Config files and so on, but I'm not finding the save files anywhere.

Under my documents -> alpha protocol -> checkpoints

Hey, I managed to get around this in two different playthroughs. No guarantees (this is going to sound stupid, I'm warning you), but the difference for me was skill. If you get Peter van der Graaf in big chunks, it locks. Zooming way in and swinging back and forth over his head, so that the ID bar fills in lots of little pieces has helped me get around this twice---it almost seems like the sound file activates before I reach 100% either when I move off the target or back on it.

Yes, I know it sounds stupid, as if it wouldn't matter. But it seems to have worked for me twice.

First off, played through three times, bought both pieces of intel in all three. No modifications to any game files.

First time, did not experience this bug.

The second time, I experienced the lock on Peter van der Graaf but merely loaded, IDed him and went on my merry way.

The third time, I got stuck and experimented. What finally worked for me was the swingy method.

I'd love to hear if I'm a crackpot or if this worked for anybody else. At the very least, I hope it won't hurt for people to try.

Actually all I have had to do to get by this bug twice, was to quit the game REBOOT. Load the Autosave which starts you from there at the second position and then DON'T get anyone, just sit there till he comes out from behind the tree and get him first.

I think it's caused by a memory leak, which is why you have to Reboot, to clear the previous memory settings.

Edited by Acleacius

Actually all I have had to do to get by this bug twice, was to quit the game REBOOT. Load the Autosave which starts you from there at the second position and then DON'T get anyone, just sit there till he comes out from behind the tree and get him first.

I think it's caused by a memory leak, which is why you have to Reboot, to clear the previous memory settings.

I'll have to try that. Right now I'm bouncing between Moscow and Taipei because I felt like being a bit random.

Well if any one is still working on the save games I'll put mine up too and hope some one gets through that point.

Kinda sucks since I was already planning to replay the game, just hope it gets fixed.

And for what I've seen so far Winklebottom and Tigranes, you two rock

20100612191333.sav

Edited by mpyro2

Well if any one is still working on the save games I'll put mine up too and hope some one gets through that point.

Kinda sucks since I was already planning to replay the game, just hope it gets fixed.

And for what I've seen so far Winklebottom and Tigranes, you two rock

20100612191333.sav

I think you uploaded the wrong save file. When I load it up it is in the Safehouse in Moscow, not the ID Jibril Al-Bara mission. If you have a save file just before the point you get stuck in the sniper mission then upload that one.