Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Romance tips ( spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Bad Instincts

Mina: She responds well to a professional approach with an occasional suave response (Basically, when she flirts with you). Doing things by the book and arresting people also sits well with her. She dislikes a gung-ho approach. Good ways to increase her early are doing well enough in the Weapons training for her to give the 'bonus mission' and complete it, and complement her to Westridge during the interrogation. You won't romance her till just before the final mission, and she's with you a long time, so she's the easiest to romance.

Madison: Like Mina, responds well to professional with an occasional suave. Taking her as your Handler for Marberg's mansion is advised (This will cause a small drop with Mina). Keep her spirits up by telling her how useful she is, and thanking her for helping. Once she moves into the Rome safehouse, don't leave the city. You only need a +3 or higher relationship to be able to romance her. You'll know it's time when she says she is tired and going to bed. One more mission, and then you can wake her.

Scarlet: Reasonably easy. Be suave with her on the plane, switching to professional when she starts flirting back. In the Taipei mission where you infiltrate the hotel, respond to Scarlet in a professional manner, she gets angry if you try to use her as a honey trap. If you bug the CIA safehouse in Rome, you'll be receiving confidential emails from halbech about naughty things they're doing. Forward these to Scarlet and be professional. Finally, you won't get to romance her until just before the final mission. When you do go to see her, be honest with her, and you get the option to romance. If you're not honest with her, you get the cold shoulder.

SIE: Probably the hardest to romance, as it requires you to take a specific path through the game. First, don't go to Moscow until you complete Rome, and in Rome's final mission, choose to disarm the bombs instead of saving Madison. SIE hates Marburg, and foiling his bomb plot pleases her when you first meet in Moscow. Be aggressive with her initially, switching to suave when she flirts back. Make a deal with her and agree to co-operate. When she emails, flirt back. When you first go after Surkov, in the American Embassy, choose SIE as your handler. This results in you gaining VCI assistance during the storming of Brayko's mansion. During that mission, choose to save SIE (pretty obvious really if you want to romance her). After this, she disappears, so Moscow is the only window you have to work on gaining relationship with her. When you reach the final mission, choose SIE as your handler. The scene where you can 'romance' her is very obvious. Just be flirty with her when she's talking to you, and 'go with it'.

credit to feystruck. _gamespot forums.

Shadow Operative

Shadow Operative

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts
On PC it gives +5 AP

And with SIE achieving romance is easy just be aggressive and resist her attempts in emails etc. and chose her as handler of course :D

Hell Kitty

Hell Kitty

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2308 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I did pretty much the opposite of what it says about Sie and was still able to be romanced/raped by her. I was only ever aggressive with her in both emails and in person, and I got an angry email for choosing Madison in Rome. I had Albatross as handler for the embassy.

On PC it gives +5 AP

Same on console.

Edited by Hell Kitty, 02 June 2010 - 12:45 PM.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8126 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Is it odd that I want a mini-thorton to pop up in a sequel from one of the girls that most people kept alive?

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
I'll just add that Scarlet in the hotel mission responds well to the pep talk, in case you're desperate for reputation.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8126 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'll just add that Scarlet in the hotel mission responds well to the pep talk, in case you're desperate for reputation.

but not to "wiggle your ass and bat your eyes" when telling her to distract the guy

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer

but not to "wiggle your ass and bat your eyes" when telling her to distract the guy

Yeah, I screwed myself with that. The choice read Flirtatious so I thought Mike will flirt, but the meaning changed fast and hard when Scarlet finished her sentence. Ouch. I reloaded, hate me if you must. :)

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2216 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
For the data pro's, is there any way to ride away on the boat with SIE? I'm assuming not since I haven't seen anyone post about it, a damn shame in that case. Not that I think she'd be the type of woman to tie herself down (unless... yeah).

You can also fight SIE in the Moscow trainyard (she doesn't mind much) and it nets you a hilarious e-mail from her.

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
the guide is based to not get negative rep and to get all the ladies in the same playthrough. Keep posting tips.

gotthammer

gotthammer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

For the data pro's, is there any way to ride away on the boat with SIE? I'm assuming not since I haven't seen anyone post about it, a damn shame in that case. Not that I think she'd be the type of woman to tie herself down (unless... yeah).

You can also fight SIE in the Moscow trainyard (she doesn't mind much) and it nets you a hilarious e-mail from her.

Hehehe, I'd like to know if you can get her on the boat, too. :sorcerer:

Aside from the funny e-mail, there's also her knee pad/protector as a 'trophy'.

Her and Heck are my favourite characters in this game. :p

gotthammer

gotthammer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
*no way to edit posts?*
*edit: I saw an edit button for this post, but not my previous one...it 'locks in' after a certain amount of time?*

I just finished my 2nd playthrough and, w/ the exception of Madison and SIE, let the other 'romance-ables' die. So, unless I missed a step, no SIE on the boat. :shifty:

*shrugs*
Now for a 3rd playthrough...

Edited by gotthammer, 03 June 2010 - 03:43 AM.

thufirhawat333

thufirhawat333

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts
A strange thing though (it's more or less related):
I didn't pursue romance on my last playthrough, but still didn't get the achievement for staying professional - except after a reload where I picked SIE as my handler and refused her offer to... well, you know to... 'thorton her'.
Just a tip for achievement hunters :shifty:

Chronotope

Chronotope

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Superharman
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Got them all except Sie which makes sense considering I rarely saw her during my first playthrough. I'm doing the 'no time for love' achievement this time which is tough...

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
Another tip if you are trying Mina do not kill the marines in the Embassy, attack them with melee, tranquilizers or stealth non lethal. For every marines you kill you will get - rep .

thufirhawat333

thufirhawat333

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts
Another tip:
You don't have to use SIE for Moscow missions, it's enough to be Agressive with her and team up in the train station (you can even go after Madison in the museum and use someone else as a handler in the Marburg Mansion), you'll have somewhere between 5-7 positive rep, and that's enough to get her as a handler in the endgame.

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
^^

grr i lost the chance to be romantic/sadomasochistic with her because clicked Steve instead of her . I can't wait to beat the game and start a new one.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8126 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
... I could pick her as my handler when she had 0 (yeah, 0) rep with her.

Pinken

Pinken

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts
Sie was something that happened naturally to me first play through. I did Moscow first, and didn't have any problems. Mostly it's just aggression she likes. I had +10 by a long way in the end.

Scarlet was the same.

Mina hated me though cos I made friends with Steve. Next play through I'm going to try and kill Steve - he annoys me.

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts

^^

grr i lost the chance to be romantic/sadomasochistic with her because clicked Steve instead of her . I can't wait to beat the game and start a new one.

Fixed . I load the game and it appeared in the safehouse so i could take Sie as handler. :) Now i am a happy Heck guy!

Ginjur

Ginjur

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Mina hated me though cos I made friends with Steve. Next play through I'm going to try and kill Steve - he annoys me.

You can off Heck? Hm, i had -7 or more with him and i never got that option. =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users