Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Great idea to use checkpoints....NOT

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Paraclete

Paraclete

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts
Thanks for using checkpoints, no really, thanks a LOT. Now, thanks to your checkpoints, when I re-load I spawn dead...yea you guessed it, because I died just as the game was saving. GG game is getting broken in half

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1763 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thanks for using checkpoints, no really, thanks a LOT. Now, thanks to your checkpoints, when I re-load I spawn dead...yea you guessed it, because I died just as the game was saving. GG game is getting broken in half

Just load the last safehouse.

Paraclete

Paraclete

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

lol yea you don't understand, this is the last mission in Saudi Arabia, so I would have to start ALL over, because my last save is at the VERY beginning of the safe house

Kostchtchie

Kostchtchie

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts

lol yea you don't understand, this is the last mission in Saudi Arabia, so I would have to start ALL over, because my last save is at the VERY beginning of the safe house

erh no... the game saves one file at safe house from when you made it back from the mission and another save file when you are on the mission, so yeah you can load it from the safe house before you started the last mission

save file: mission
save file: safe house

thats how the save files work on ps3 version

Paraclete

Paraclete

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

erh no... the game saves one file at safe house from when you made it back from the mission and another save file when you are on the mission, so yeah you can load it from the safe house before you started the last mission

save file: mission
save file: safe house

thats how the save files work on ps3 version

Cept it doesn't. I've loaded that safehouse file a dozen times, its the VERY start of Saudi.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10102 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
That's weird. In every other case I've seen, the game saves every time you enter and exit the safehouse.

Where exactly are you, anyway? Checkpoints seem to be deliberately placed so that you don't die while it saves...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users