Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mina Tang...

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

@Morgoth: You had to "accidentally" shoot someone because of AI? Not sure I follow.
But tranquilizer rounds would have prevented that relationship drop. Though I'm not sure if the drop was meant to be so big or if it's a bug. I mean normally there's only -1 with her for killing innocents, but they are CIA/state agents after all.

Well, I should rather say the AI was unpredictable. Either way, I didn't think of tranquilizer darts because I though it was okay to shoot them. Until of course Mina pointed out it's not. But then it was too late as hell broke loose.

cesko

cesko

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Cesko
I would say "unpredictable AI" is a good thing

Shadow Operative

Shadow Operative

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts

And I always have a dilemma concerning that because you can't get a scene with Scarlet..... so Scarlet Wins :D

You my friend are my new best friend =P Haha

Still I'm not alone in Scarlet fanclub :p but I think she has more complex deep personality in-game and she's an assassin so this femme-fatale motive is great. She can be either entertaining and caring and when the time comes a cold blooded professional... which is just perfect and of course she's the most attractive character in the game :) (also I suppose she has got the best "textures" in game :D so by this Mina looses points in the ranking)

So until they fix the ending Mina rather won't be saved :)

But again sticking to the topic have you noticed that guy form the Gelato shop in Rome appearing before she shows on the screen of your PDA in Medical bay at the beginning... That was weird and this was the reason I didn't trust her at all or there is something different about it... Maybe someone has a clue about this ??

Was this guy truly an NSA agent or someone else and if she was aware of that and by using you she wanted to contact NSA....
so many questions...

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8291 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

@Morgoth: You had to "accidentally" shoot someone because of AI? Not sure I follow.
But tranquilizer rounds would have prevented that relationship drop. Though I'm not sure if the drop was meant to be so big or if it's a bug. I mean normally there's only -1 with her for killing innocents, but they are CIA/state agents after all.

Well, I should rather say the AI was unpredictable. Either way, I didn't think of tranquilizer darts because I though it was okay to shoot them. Until of course Mina pointed out it's not. But then it was too late as hell broke loose.

I think at the CIA offices you get docked one for every agent you kill, I accidentally shot one (The game made it seem as if I all of a sudden went nuts on them and killed em all) and only lost one point of friendship.

Wildcat84

Wildcat84

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts

Ok just out of curiosity did anyone else not like or trust Mina or was it just me? Also *SPOILERS* did anyone else not save her?

Yeah it's abit short and abrupt but I want to get peoples opinion first before I say why. Also tired from working and being at uni today =P

I'm through two of the safehouse hubs and I have to say I'm ambivalent towards Mina. I like Scarlett better. Hard to not like an intelligent, super hot redhead, especially with Irish blood in my veins :)

Shadow Operative

Shadow Operative

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts

Ok just out of curiosity did anyone else not like or trust Mina or was it just me? Also *SPOILERS* did anyone else not save her?

Yeah it's abit short and abrupt but I want to get peoples opinion first before I say why. Also tired from working and being at uni today =P

I'm through two of the safehouse hubs and I have to say I'm ambivalent towards Mina. I like Scarlett better. Hard to not like an intelligent, super hot redhead

Amen Brother Amen to that, Scarlet is the best female character in this game :D

gotthammer

gotthammer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Amen Brother Amen to that, Scarlet is the best female character in this game :D

No! SIE! SIE! SIE! :ermm:

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Technically yes, bot not in the practice.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4721 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

It's perfectly OK to shoot them, Mina just doesn't like it when you do it. You don't always have to do what girls want. :)

Piflik

Piflik

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts
If you have a good relationship with Mina and don't sleep with her at first occasion, she tells you she is not working for AP, but was infiltrating it...she didn't want to use you, but when Halbech took over she felt she hadn't had another choice...the last part is disclosed when you side with Leland and then don't kill her.

thufirhawat333

thufirhawat333

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts
I was pretty sure all along that she's the one who betrayed me.

Well, actually, it turns out, everyone betrays you (from the agency, at least) in a way :)

cesko

cesko

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Cesko
Heck is one of the only characters a trust completely and he's a nutjob LOL

thufirhawat333

thufirhawat333

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts
Same here, with the addition of SIE (because she is way too psycho to simply *plan-and-betray* :D ) and Albatross (but only because he is reasonable).

And that's a really great thing about the game - I mean, in an espionage game I want to see characters I can't or don't want to trust.

Thorton_AP

Thorton_AP

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1142 posts

Depends on what you mean by unpredictable AI.

For Brayko sure. But really, if we're attempting to accurately model humans with the AI, they should behave in a predictable way based upon our expectations of how humans behave :p

TrueZarken

TrueZarken

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts

Heck is one of the only characters a trust completely and he's a nutjob LOL

I completely agree with you =P I found Heck to be one of the more trust worthy characters ingame.

jokerwoker

jokerwoker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
There's a problem. Shaheed WARNED Michael Thorton NOT to call in at the actual site of the missiles itself. He nearly got himself killed if weren't for Mina's timely warning.

Here's the thing, though. If Michael Thorton had survived without Mina's warning, AND went back to Alpha Protocol, would they arrest or kill him? That's what vague to me. Mina made it seem that way. I'm not so sure that's the case. Yes, Halbech sent those missiles to destroy the evidence, but if Thorton survived, it meant it would cause Halbech too much trouble to kill him.

She didn't betray him perse. Halbech might have done something to him, but this isn't proven, because she never gives him a chance. She did mislead him.

TrueZarken

TrueZarken

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts

There's a problem. Shaheed WARNED Michael Thorton NOT to call in at the actual site of the missiles itself. He nearly got himself killed if weren't for Mina's timely warning.

Here's the thing, though. If Michael Thorton had survived without Mina's warning, AND went back to Alpha Protocol, would they arrest or kill him? That's what vague to me. Mina made it seem that way. I'm not so sure that's the case. Yes, Halbech sent those missiles to destroy the evidence, but if Thorton survived, it meant it would cause Halbech too much trouble to kill him.

She didn't betray him perse. Halbech might have done something to him, but this isn't proven, because she never gives him a chance. She did mislead him.

I take it you're somewhat Pro-Mina? =P Not in a bad way or anything.

jokerwoker

jokerwoker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
To certain extent. I wouldn't have exactly done what she would have done, but I understand why she did it.

BEES

BEES

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts

I trusted her completely (even got her clothes off and had a cute scene where she's wearing my shirt only), but had trouble figuring out which way to go to save her and ended up accidentely letting her die (i'm going to... correct that). I thought she might have been working for Leland for a bit but *shrugs*.

Quite a twist if she had been.

I didn't trust her but got her clothes off in the hope of unraveling her secrets. Then, I too missed where she was in the final level and had her die :ermm:.

I'm still fairly positive that she's the one that sold you out in Alpha Protocol though but the game seemed to not care about that little detail about halfway through.

Edit - errrr, apparently my suspicious were right. Should have read the rest of the thread first before replying though.

Edited by BEES, 04 June 2010 - 11:16 PM.

Rimat

Rimat

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
@Mina as a Mike-girl:
Well Scarlett is certainly the best Bond-Mike girl and SIE is just a awesome bomb of aggressive fun (and testosterone ^^) but imho Mina makes a great Partner for professional Mikes.

@BEES: Huh? "Sold you out" in the meaning of forcing you into Alpha Protocol? Then yes. But she didn't sell you out to Leeland/Halbech or was in any way working with them - in contrary her whole agenda was to investigate Alpha Protocol and then to bring Leeland/Halbech down.

I'm repeating myself here but if you're in a good relationship Mina confesses all that by her own choice. You probably got her clothes off too fast -_-

It seems that I'm one of the more pro-Mina people in this thread but just want to point one thing out again: If it weren't for her Mike prolly would've died.

@jokerwoker:
probably depends on how much Leeland would've though that you could be turned or used a as a tool. In any case if they did leave you alive you'd be working to further Leelands plans and that would be an no-go for me.

Edited by Rimat, 05 June 2010 - 11:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users