AP crashes, freezes system.

gtuason

Question

Hello,

During random times while playing AP, the game will suddenly crash with my monitor going into power saving mode and my pc freezing, which requires a hard restart. I have run the game in compatibility mode for xp sp 2, and xp sp3 and run it as an administrator. I have also updated my runtime libraties and graphics card drivers, but still no solution. my specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Professional X64

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50Ghz

4.00 Gigs of Ram

NVidia GeForce 8800 GT Driver Version 8.17.11.9745

Creative SB X-Fi

Any Help is appreciated, Thanks.

10 answers to this question

I've also been having this crash. It ranges from a few minutes into playing to several hours in. It's not caused by overheating, as I've monitored the temps to check for that already and it never spiked. It also doesn't happen in any other games. The game will freeze and the picture will distort slightly before the monitor loses connection. I have a friend who is having a similar issue as well but with more garbage graphics before the monitor loses feed.

Same thing here, and after restart I get a message: "Windows has recovered from an unexpected error".When I click for more details it says it's BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)...this happens approximately once or twice a day.

System Specs:

Windows 7 Professional x86

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80 GHz

Asus P5Q SE

4.00 GB of RAM

Asus EAH4830 512MB (Catalyst 10.5)

Same problem here, I had just thought of starting my own thread, because this problem seems to be pretty rare.

I've tried lowering the resolution and so far playing in 1280x600 (or something like that) instead of my computer's native 1366x768 at least gives me more time to play. I noticed that my GPU and CPU were somewhat hot when playing (about 80 degrees celsius), but I also tried using Furmark to test stability, and a 1 hour test with my GPU at about 85 degrees did not cause a crash. Very wierd problem indeed, no other game causes this type of crash. I have contacted sega, and at least they were interested in some additional information about my computer, so there's some hope of help.

My computer:

HP Envy 14-1085eo

Intel i7-720QM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

4gb RAM

Edited by Zlias

I got the same problem aswell, variates from 1 minute to hour or two. All the sudden whole game freezes and nothing helps. Hard reset to PC only option.

Done basic driver rally plus gfx changes and compatibility modes, nothing helps :/

AMD Phenom II x4 955

4gb RAM

64-bit Win7

ATI Radeon 4800 series

Ok guys my game now seems to run flawlessly.

There are only two things I have done:

1. No more saving and reloading, which I was doing a lot of (I just play now and let it autosave)

2. New RAM. I found out that the RAM I had installed was not on the QVL for my motherboard so I replaced it with RAM that was.

Hope this helps.