Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Heck

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7307 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
I thought the Catcher in the Rye is supposed to be a "police found a copy of Need for Speed on the serial murderer's couch" joke.

Ausir

Ausir

Encyclopedist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Mike is a good friend. Not like Wen. Not like Wen at all.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2613 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I thought the Catcher in the Rye is supposed to be a "police found a copy of Need for Speed on the serial murderer's couch" joke.

It's a reference to the book's association with Mark David Chapman and John Hinckley. Many conspiracy theories have been spun out of this, so it fits Heck's persona to plant a copy as additional evidence against Wen.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7307 posts

It's a reference to the book's association with Mark David Chapman and John Hinckley. Many conspiracy theories have been spun out of this, so it fits Heck's persona to plant a copy as additional evidence against Wen.

Oh.

Ulicus

Ulicus

Grand Theologian of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Does Heck ever give Mike up as the shooter? He was at -8 Rep with me on playthrough II, yet he still gave them Wen's name instead. It... endeared him to me, somewhat. :thumbsup:

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7307 posts

Does Heck ever give Mike up as the shooter? He was at -8 Rep with me on playthrough II, yet he still gave them Wen's name instead. It... endeared him to me, somewhat. :thumbsup:

Did you delete his files in the hotel? If not, this may very well be a bug.

Ulicus

Ulicus

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does Heck ever give Mike up as the shooter? He was at -8 Rep with me on playthrough II, yet he still gave them Wen's name instead. It... endeared him to me, somewhat. -_-

Did you delete his files in the hotel? If not, this may very well be a bug.

I didn't delete his files, no. I was actively trying to make him loathe me.

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5637 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Maybe it also depends on wheter you are stealthy (dislike probably) or violent (yay!)?

Ulicus

Ulicus

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Maybe it also depends on wheter you are stealthy (dislike probably) or violent (yay!)?

Hmmm. Possibly. It WAS with my uber-violent soldier. Though, that said, I still stealthed the hotel mission... and made sure Heck didn't kill anyone.

Spiked

Spiked

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts
Same thing happened to me, I did everything to make him hate me, but he still said he kinda likes me. I think I had -5 or -6 with him. Maybe its a bug.

Ulicus

Ulicus

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Wait, wait, wait....

Steven is voiced by NOLAN NORTH!?

WHAT THE HECK!?

I... I am honestly shocked and impressed. I never realised the guy had more than one voice. I thought all his characters were Nathan Drake. I must now go and eat my hat.

player1

player1

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does Heck ever give Mike up as the shooter? He was at -8 Rep with me on playthrough II, yet he still gave them Wen's name instead. It... endeared him to me, somewhat. :ermm:

There is theory in this forum that I read, that if you do Tapei before Moscow, Heck will not give you up as failsave, since it's still possible to betray/kill other two possible handlers for end game mission, and you really need to have at least one handler for it (probably also a reason why Heck is impossible to get killed too).

Sir Ulrich Von Lichenstien

Sir Ulrich Von Lichenstien

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts
Yeah I think you probably hit the failsafe because in my last playthrough I did Taipei last, had Albatross and SIE as a good standing allys and managed to get Heck to take the money for framing me.

As for the theory it isn't just if you do Taipei first, basically you could go through Moscow and kill either albatross or SIE off and have the other one hate you so much that they aren't an ally and don't offer help. Heck is a 'crazy' unkillable character and so it is workable to have it that if there is no one else then it is him who helps.

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space

Wait, wait, wait....

Steven is voiced by NOLAN NORTH!?

WHAT THE HECK!?

I... I am honestly shocked and impressed. I never realised the guy had more than one voice. I thought all his characters were Nathan Drake. I must now go and eat my hat.

WHAT? I thought he just did some random CIA goons!

Damnit Heck, stop being awesome.

Lannen

Lannen

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
So, out of curiosity, I started looking up some of Stephen's random and outrageous references.

http://en.wikipedia..../Acoustic_Kitty

Oh yes, Acoustic Kitty was real.

I've yet to do an in-depth search for the Pig Lard bullets mentioned when you egg him on.

Styx

Styx

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, out of curiosity, I started looking up some of Stephen's random and outrageous references.

I've yet to do an in-depth search for the Pig Lard bullets mentioned when you egg him on.

Oh no... if he was right about this... what else could he be right about?!

Spartan

Spartan

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts

Everything.

unskilled-

unskilled-

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 134 posts

Everything.

He's right about alot of things, although that doesn't make them *all* true, 'cept the acoustic kitty one.. haha.

Speaking of the kitty, I forget what movie referenced it..

spartan1077

spartan1077

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:spartan1077
He's some sort of sociopath but the best thing about him is when you need to escape Taipei and He blames Wen. Ahhh Good ole' Wen. I wish he actually had some dialogue as well.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3220 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Does it actually come down to whether you visit Heck first thing in Taipei or not? Isn't he supposed to react badly if you do missions before you talk to him?

That might be the trigger that shifts whether he sells you out or not....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users