Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HOW DO YOU DEFEAT BRAYKO?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

guyveric

guyveric

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone,

i bought this game yesterday & i think its really mint. i've proper got into it. but for the last hour i've been stuck on the battle with brayko.

i've blasted him with my assault rifle until he goes crazy & starts attacking with knives but after that i down last very long. i've thrown bombs of different kinds, tried martial arts & also used the shot gun. but still can't seem to defeat him.

can anyone help me??

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2215 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
When he takes out the knife, that's a sign that you gotta run away really. I'm not even sure you can do damage to him during that. What I did during this was just sprint the hell away from him, grab healing off any healing stations if you need it, and try to take down any of his flunkies that you happen to run across in your mad flight.

If you've been to Taipei before Moscow (and befriended Steven Heck), there's apparently an Intel option you can buy which will weaken Brayko a bit and make him take damage over time when he takes his drugs (or whatever it is he does). I didn't do this on my playthrough though.

It might be the hardest boss in the game. Good luck.

guyveric

guyveric

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts

When he takes out the knife, that's a sign that you gotta run away really. I'm not even sure you can do damage to him during that. What I did during this was just sprint the hell away from him, grab healing off any healing stations if you need it, and try to take down any of his flunkies that you happen to run across in your mad flight.

If you've been to Taipei before Moscow (and befriended Steven Heck), there's apparently an Intel option you can buy which will weaken Brayko a bit and make him take damage over time when he takes his drugs (or whatever it is he does). I didn't do this on my playthrough though.

It might be the hardest boss in the game. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. i'll try running away when he goes crazy & see if that helps lol. if not i'll just go to taipei and see if i can get that intel that weakens him. anyway thanks for your help, its much appreciated

Jokerman89

Jokerman89

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 57 posts
Also when he runs at you he will have to stop sprinting and rest for about 5-8 secs....good time to unload some shots. I had alot of points in shotguns...really helped in that fight....not so much in others :o

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10096 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
He was a tough sonofabitch but if you keep distance from him (use sprint when being attacked with knife) and always aim for the head he will eventually go down.

Piflik

Piflik

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts
I used the Pistol's Chain Shot and got him down to about 10%...after that Fury and pummel him.

TrueZarken

TrueZarken

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts
Don't know if this will work for you like it did for me but I'll put it out there.

I had two slots filled with explosive grenades and medical stimulants (Can't remember their actual name). I kept my distance threw my grenades at him when he was on the stage and unloaded my Timberwolf (AK) clips into me then we he charged at me like a son of a gun I'd run and heal up if I couldn't get to a healing cabinet or if he caught me and I needed a quick fix to make sure I could make it to the next cabinet or to save myself sometime to shoot him with my Timberwolf (AK).

Hope this helps

Pinken

Pinken

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts
Yes, mostly running ...

This bit of the game bugged me since my character is a martial arts nut who seems incapable of blocking a druggy stoner ninja or even just hitting him with enough force to avoid being hit.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8638 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Just did him in, Moscow was my last hub. With pistols and stealth nearly maxed out it wasn't too bad - I think I had teh dossier info so that he'd keep chokingo n his drugs and would stop chasing me. If he's not in melee he's not a big threat.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2623 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I went to Moscow first and got totally stuck on Brayko. Ended up reloading the safehouse from before that..then went and did Rome and Tapai.. then returned to Moscow to deal with him.. It's amazing how much smoother it is when Heck's poisoned coke is a t work.. and you've got about another 15 dots spread out over your skills o:)

that guy with hair

that guy with hair

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
I was full martial-arts, and while Brayko is real dangerous with his drug-fueld knife spree, all you have to do is run away until he calms down a bit. I found the best way is to just run up the stage and jump down, and repeat until he is no longer raging.

Shinaju

Shinaju

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts
I think flash bangs stuns him, if your tech without martial arts or pistol might want to try that.

Ausir

Ausir

Encyclopedist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 421 posts
Can't manage to kill him either, reloaded the Hub and went to Rome for now.

DeviantApostle

DeviantApostle

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
Remote mines are a great way of getting rid of his armour bar before unloading on him.

During the first phase of the fight, being maxed out on martial arts, I snuck up as close as possible and wailed on him, but then I'm also maxing out toughness and buying the best armour I can get. During the second phase, like everyone said, run away when he takes out the knife, try to use the time to clean up any stray minions. When he collapses, hit him with a grenade, then blast away with phosphorous rounds from the shotgun.

I also saved up my med kits for the fight and brought an assault rifle as well as the shotgun, relying on close combat for stealth kills during the mission. Of course, I brought Sie and the VIC with me rather than G22, so I really had to go loud.

Tei

Tei

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
I just run.

But he can be stuned with.. huh.. stun grenades. but running is a better option.

that guy with hair

that guy with hair

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
I accidentally found a way to kill him on my second playthrough... Totally a glitch though.

While retreating from his drug-induced rage, I jumped down off the stage yet somehow bugged myself, and went inside the dance floor. I could still shoot through the floor but no one could hit me, which made for a quick battle (too bad, Brayko).

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens on some other fellow's game.

Edited by that guy with hair, 30 May 2010 - 04:22 AM.

Chronotope

Chronotope

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Superharman
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
For what it is worth here is how I beat him (after a good 20 tries), you do need chain shot though:

*Used the assult rifle on him first up.
*When he charged I ran away up and around the stage, waited for him to faint and one of the flashes to go off.
*Next I moved to one of the areas where the guards come out and tried to dispose of as many of them as I could (this helps a lot).
*When he came back down I went close to him and unloaded three steel bullets with chain shot to his head. This took off a good chunk of health.
*Once he rages, run away, preferably up the stage and around. If there aren't any guards or one you should be able to get away without losing too much health. Wait for the flash repeat from the third step. It shouldn't take more than three repeats of this process depending on your pistol skill.

Ausir

Ausir

Encyclopedist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 421 posts
Brayko is my main complaint about the game so far.

NeoMorph

NeoMorph

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:EG NeoMorph
Want a laugh... the game glitched on the Brayko level and he got stuck running at a wall... I just kept shooting him till he went down.

Even on "Easy" Brayko is REALLY hard to kill... stupid difficulty level.

Spoiler

Fix the bypass wires so you don't end up bozz-eyed all the time, get rid of those STUPID boss levels and fix all the numerous glitches and the game could be great.

Edited by NeoMorph, 30 May 2010 - 09:27 AM.

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Bad Instincts

Want a laugh... the game glitched on the Brayko level and he got stuck running at a wall... I just kept shooting him till he went down.

Even on "Easy" Brayko is REALLY hard to kill... stupid difficulty level.

Spoiler

Fix the bypass wires so you don't end up bozz-eyed all the time, get rid of those STUPID boss levels and fix all the numerous glitches and the game could be great.

LOL this is a game...not a mini serie . Even MGS games had this kind of bosses.

Edited by Alpha, 30 May 2010 - 09:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users