Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favorite characters and convos

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Lord2

Lord2

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

How did you not encounter SIE?? You missed a good pile of LOLs!
BTW, she's not Russian, just German.

I've no idea... :thumbsup: -_-

Sie was cool in that way she was mute: fascinating and unique. Sometimes, it felt that she was actually speaking. Good writing!

And I meant Sis, as I didn't encounter Sie.

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1780 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Hard to say yet, still have to get to know some of the chars better. But from my 1st playthrough I'd say I enjoyed Mina, Sie and Heck the most. The conversations with Harburg were nice as well.
The only guys I didn't really like were Yancy and Darcy.

dantivirus

dantivirus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 61 posts

Well, after having the "romance" scene with SIE... I think all romances in all games from here on out will feel lackluster, haha.

Hmm I have SIE at 10 and used her for my handler in the Embassy mission, I rescued her at the mansion but have not run into her again and I'm at Tapei. Did Saudi, Moscow, Rome, Tapei in that order. Odd, no? Did I miss something? I was hoping to romance her.

Also has anyone found the secret info on Mina? If so, where please? I just can't seem to fill out Darcy and Westridge's info. Any help there would be welcomed.

Baeus

Baeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well, after having the "romance" scene with SIE... I think all romances in all games from here on out will feel lackluster, haha.

Hmm I have SIE at 10 and used her for my handler in the Embassy mission, I rescued her at the mansion but have not run into her again and I'm at Tapei. Did Saudi, Moscow, Rome, Tapei in that order. Odd, no? Did I miss something? I was hoping to romance her.

Also has anyone found the secret info on Mina? If so, where please? I just can't seem to fill out Darcy and Westridge's info. Any help there would be welcomed.

For SIE, the romance wraps up
Spoiler

I think Darcy's info can only be filled out by getting Mina to investigate him when she offers to look up info on people in AP, that's how I got it anyway. Maybe it's the same for Westridge.

Edited by Baeus, 31 May 2010 - 02:33 PM.

dantivirus

dantivirus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 61 posts
Hmm I had her Mina look at Westridge but it only put him at 86%. Must have missed something.

Also to get SIE as my handler I need to basically not use G22, right?

surreal

surreal

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 28 posts
No, you can side with G22, and still get SIE as handler for the final mission.
You see, SIE is not exactly loyal to her organization, she just likes to shoot people. A lot. :verymad:

Edited by surreal, 31 May 2010 - 03:28 PM.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8772 posts
I think the best exchange is when you talk with Albatross about Sis' locket. That was very emotional, extremely well done facial expressions too... totally worth keeping the gal alive for.

dantivirus

dantivirus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 61 posts
So where did you find the secret info on Mina?

Also I can only seem to have the end scene with Mina. Yet I have Scarlet and SEI with me. Do I have to let Mina die?

Altered Idol

Altered Idol

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:AlteredIdol
The game is full of diverse and unique characters, which is part of the appeal. The only ones I disliked were Darcy and Madison.

Darcy I just didnt get, he was hunting you yet you still kept all the memorabilia he gave you. I understand taking trophies from your victims but that didnt really make sense to me. Anyways, he was just a low-level lackey anyways.

Madison I liked as a character, but there simply wasnt enough time to develop her character fully so I felt a bit underwhelmed by her performance..

Favourites, have to be SIE and Sis. SIE is just plain hilarious and the dialouge is exceptional. Sis is the evasive kind but thats the charm. I hope that if there is an AP2, she definitely gets onside wih Thorton, they would make a top team. And a romance option please!!

Execellent game, well written characters. I'm loving AP

Deng

Deng

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
I really liked how on the plane with Scarlett you could say that you were an oilman who wanted to own a baseball team.

That's a George W. Bush reference (he owned the Texas Rangers).

It's the small touches like that...

cesko

cesko

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Cesko

well written characters

hadn't expect anything else, I found the characters of Kotor 2 also very interesting, very dark and with great background stories.

What can I expect when I'm going to play nwn2 (with expansions too), can somebody pm me about it, cause I'm curious.

Edited by cesko, 01 June 2010 - 09:27 AM.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7298 posts

What can I expect when I'm going to play nwn2 (with expansions too), can somebody pm me about it, cause I'm curious.

Vanilla NwN 2 had some interesting characters, most of them joinables. Mask of the Betrayer has apparently great joinables, though I didn't get far in that yet.

Mojito

Mojito

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 127 posts
Favourites :

Scarlet. Best romance option (Sie is on a league of her own). Not a damsel in distress, pretty much Thorton's equal and the definition of a femme fatale. I love the flirtatious banter between her and Mike. One of her e-mails made me choke on my Smirnoff.

Sie. She says the best innuendos ever and the way she played with Mike at Endgame...gotta love her. Also, she was humming Ride of the Valkyres. Your arguments are invalid.

Herc. Best bromance ever. Who doesn't love a psycho sociopath? He reminds me of myself.

Leland and Marburg. Although I treated them like ****, they were brilliant. Loved the conversations between them and Mike.

Brayko. I like his style and he has a good music taste. Also, his dossier was interesting.

Sis. She's badass, I love her style and when Mike meets her and Albatross in Moscow and wants to give back the locket, she insists that he keeps it. The way she tried to say it without words made me kinda feel sorry for her.

Least favourites :

Madison. I hate damsels in distress. I romanced her (it suited Mike's character) but I wanted Conrad to kill her.

Albatross. I don't know, I just didn't like him.

Parker. Didn't like him from the start. It's always the quiet and anti-social ones that are a pain in the ass at the end.

Edited by Mojito, 01 June 2010 - 02:13 PM.

Oblarg

Oblarg

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 878 posts
Favorites:

Heck - Absolutely hilarious
Marburg - Chillingly awesome, I wish I had gotten the chance to actually kill the bastard, even though my reputation with him was *very* high.
Darcy - He's so convincingly unlikeable that I have to respect the writing.
Albatross - Very well-written, and always helpful.

Least favorites:
Westridge - Just found him rather boring, and he didn't really have a major role
Madison - Not developed enough

Mojito

Mojito

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 127 posts

Agree. If Marburg kills her, Leland says "You had feelings for her, right?" Feelings? I've known her for 2 days, lol.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8772 posts
I don't know if it is a bug, but in the fight with Parker Scarlet hit Mike with her sniper rifle (she must've targeted a soldier I was brawling with and hit Mike instead). Insta-kill. 'Twas funny.

She's basically to Mike what the Black Cat was to Spiderman.

Ausir

Ausir

Encyclopedist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I didn't know SIS was a mute until, well she never spoke! Which is really cool, not alot of characters in video games are mutes. Also I really like her design, style, weapon choices, everything. I would romance her if I could. Too bad she is a mute =(

I executed Sis because she didn't talk when I told her to talk or else. Didn't know she was mute!

FeeZ

FeeZ

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

I really liked how on the plane with Scarlett you could say that you were an oilman who wanted to own a baseball team.

That's a George W. Bush reference (he owned the Texas Rangers).

It's the small touches like that...

The game is full of snide yet awesomely hilarious quotes. Example:
During the fight with Brayko, if you have Shadow Operative and can hide he will (rarely in my experience) yell out:
"Ole, ole, oxi - whatever the **** that means!" (The ole ole, oxi- thing is a phonetic pronunciation).

I found it funny because of the way Brayko says it, which sounds exactly like the Russian Mafia bad guys from the original Splinter Cell (specifically the level where you go to the Abattoir).

Azazel005

Azazel005

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Azazel005
  • Kickstarter Backer

Agree. If Marburg kills her, Leland says "You had feelings for her, right?" Feelings? I've known her for 2 days, lol.

I read you there pal.

"Umm not really Marburg, I mean I tagged her but outside that I have only spoken to her for about ten minutes"

Our emotional investment in Madison was the only LI I felt was absurdly contrived.

I loved the conversation when Mike first met Sie "They didn't take many bullets" Most of the characters at least get one or two kick ass lines.

The e-mails now that cracks me the hell up. Mikes "flirtatious" reply to Mina trying to make small talk was golden, Scarlet, Westridge, Heck they all have cracker e-mails.

Ausir

Ausir

Encyclopedist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Heck has crackpot e-mails, actually. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users