Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Early Impressions

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Noceur

Noceur

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I bought the game back when it was just released on Steam and was frustrated enough with the game to put it on hold until just recently.

The things that made me drop the game back then was the checkpoint system (I don't like being forced to play for a certain amount of time... I actually do have a life outside of AP) and the fact that the game lags horribly at certain points in the game. I presume this is when parts of the level are cleared out of memory and the next part is loaded... unfortunately these lag/load-points were always at critical points, i.e just infront of a camera or a group of terrorists.
At one point the player character got stuck on a plank and I had to reload from the last checkpoint (about 15-20 minutes of gameplay lost).
So, I dropped AP in favour of other games until just recently.

The game does get a lot better after Saudi-Arabia. Moscow and Italy (which is where I'm at now) still have the lag-points I mentioned earlier, but they are in "safe corridors" so I've never been screwed because of them.
Italy has actually been brilliant so far, especially the dialogue missions.

I like that you're not rewarded or punished for your choices, but rather there are consequences, both positive and negative for them.
In Moscow I decided I'd just go ahead and live with the consequences of my actions (both intentional and unintentional), never reloading unless getting stuck on a plank or small pebble. Since then the game has been a lot more fun.

Also, silenced pistols FTW.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5619 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
As far as lagging goes, I found using some tweaks found here in the forums helped a great lot.
The game ran smoothly for the most part.

Noceur

Noceur

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The game runs extremely smoothly at all times except for a few points in each map. It hasn't really bothered me since Saudi Arabia, due to the lag placement being "smarter".
I'll check around for those tweaks though, thanks.

As far as lagging goes, I found using some tweaks found here in the forums helped a great lot.
The game ran smoothly for the most part.

Ethaninja

Ethaninja

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
It's quite funny because my impressions where this game is buggy as hell. I was just running when my camera decided to turn around on me. I shot a dude straight in the head and it was useless. Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but I can't do stealth in that game because, well... it's literally impossible. They had a good idea with it all though.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
^I stealthed the entire game, with zero kills.

Ethaninja

Ethaninja

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts

^I stealthed the entire game, with zero kills.

Damn dude I have no idea how you managed to pull that off. Safe to say, I got pissed off with the game pretty much straight away :o

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I treated it as an RPG is probably my best answer.

Naivor

Naivor

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts

Loving the game so far. Only problem for me is the stuttering on PC.

And I just closed the thread for those fixes...

Anyway, I got AP just the other day, and have been playing it up until the last mission of Rome, NSBA Intel mission in Taipei and Surkov thing in Moscov, and I have to say that this game could have been desinged a bit better.
I mean, the conversation system is awesome, the feel is DEFINITELY there, VA's are awesome, but sometimes you just bumb into gamebreaking bugs. After trying a mission from the last safehouse onward for about 7 times, it tends to get a little auuurgh-esque.

I just hope the patch clears at least some of those out; enemies on suspicious mode seeing me through walls?
Not cool.

Also, I hate how sometimes the action is choked down your throat with unbelievable force, like the end of Surkov mission. Practically unplayable as a sneak character, unless you do Taipei and Rome beforehand at least.

Still would give AP 4/5 stars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users