Oh Look There

Pop

it would be an action game from Obsidian (!) based on Aliens (!!) where you play as a space marine (!!!) - can't lose with that setup.

I loved The Thing (the 2000's video game), it had good story, good missions, good interface, good combat. I expected more of the same from this Aliens RPG

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Compared to Alien Versus Predator 3, the graphics look like they're missing a lot of detail. I see flat, non-reflective surfaces where there should be loads of greebling and shiny metal. Though its hard to tell from still frames.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why are you guys all so enthusiastic?

Because it was a marriage of my two greatest passions.

Okay, maybe not two greatest. That would be some sort of Xenogears movie directed by Ridley Scott. But it's definitely up there!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why are you guys all so enthusiastic?

Because it was a marriage of my two greatest passions.

Okay, maybe not two greatest. That would be some sort of Xenogears movie directed by Ridley Scott. But it's definitely up there!

Or because some people don't approach games with a carefully cultivated aura of ennui and superiority? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Alien is my preferred Alien. Though I also like how Cameron presents (at least Ripley's interpretation of) their threat. "if one of those things gets down here..."

The constant barrage of marines mowing down hives kind of downplays that.

OR... it was worse than Alpha Protocol and was thus canceled for good reason. And Josh is a dirty rotten liar? :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

OR... it was worse than Alpha Protocol and was thus canceled for good reason. And Josh is a dirty rotten liar? ;)

Exactly!

But being a little more serious, I understand why for Tale is a loss, being an Alien fan, and I can understand that the concept has a lot of potential but... but.... there's nothing in those screenshots that tells us anything aside from the perspective and the fact that the Onyx engine looks nicer now.

• 2 months later...

- Obsidian CEO almost talks about canceled Aliens RPG (Sep 17th 2009) by Kevin Kelly, who is currently working for G4 though.

Feargus Urquhart: It's a tough thing for us, because it means we're all still under a non-disclosure agreement, at least for awhile. We have our ideas, but they're purely opinions and they could be absolutely wrong. The NDA was two years past termination, so talk to us in February 2011.

The NDA will be terminated next week?

- J.E. Sawyer's tweet (Aug 5th, 2010)

re: fem. protagonists in games: someday i will tell a mildly neat story about the sex of the main character for aliens: rpg. remind me pls.

hope he will write a blog on this topic.

Edited by funcroc

they should make a survival/horror game in space in an original setting that copies Aliens as much as possible without putting the company under the threat of multiple lawsuits, ASAP. like, drop everything they're doing and work on that

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

they should make a survival/horror game in space in an original setting that copies Aliens as much as possible without putting the company under the threat of multiple lawsuits, ASAP. like, drop everything they're doing and work on that

I would die to play Obsidian's RPG in original horror Sci-Fi setting

Then they'd just be accused of ripping off Dead Space!

Then they'd just be accused of ripping off Dead Space!

With worse shooting :grin:

- Obsidian CEO almost talks about canceled Aliens RPG (Sep 17th 2009) by Kevin Kelly, who is currently working for G4 though.
Feargus Urquhart: It's a tough thing for us, because it means we're all still under a non-disclosure agreement, at least for awhile. We have our ideas, but they're purely opinions and they could be absolutely wrong. The NDA was two years past termination, so talk to us in February 2011.

The NDA will be terminated next week?

- J.E. Sawyer's tweet (Aug 5th, 2010)

re: fem. protagonists in games: someday i will tell a mildly neat story about the sex of the main character for aliens: rpg. remind me pls.

hope he will write a blog on this topic.

It's February 2011 already, has anybody already talked to them? :lol:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours