Game is now officially delayed

Er, clearly his point was that now we know AP is delayed, he'd like to know why it's delayed, not that he'll die without it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know why, the reasons could make the game more or less appealing. Of course, like you say any info we get would just be PR.

companies do not relinquish their right to enforce IP/trademark rights through inaction.

Actually, that's not entirely true, is it? Not enforcing a trademark risks it becoming generic and being lost. C.f. Aspirin. S'pose that's tangential, though.

Cheers for the second part of your post on the various levels of genericism for gun names. Interesting, but what has Obsidian chosen to go with for AP? And what did you go with for Aliens?

May be you should rephrase "The problem is", that's not the only problem. Btw, JFK never agreed to send American troops to Vietnam, I just heard that on the radio.

I wouldn't listen to everything you hear on the radio.

http://www.pbs.org/battlefieldvietnam/timeline/index.html

I meant combat troops. I suppose some might consider advisers and transport pilots as combat troops, but we send advisers to lots of places. The report I heard was on NPR btw.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The indignant outrage will die down in a few more days and the forums will go back to being the slow and sleepy place we know and love.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The indignant outrage will die down in a few more days and the forums will go back to being the slow and sleepy place we know and love.

What, you mean the wild speculation and communism blurbles aren't normal ? ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

God, it's like they don't understand how BAD silence is for their PRs!!

I think it's being overstated how bad it actually is.

Dude...it's been like 2 fu----- weeks!!

overstated, my ass!

What are you saying? Are you a communist sympathiser, son?

Indeed. This game is so under the radar that lack of news is hardly... news. Sega knows this. Or perhaps they have simply forgotten about AP altogether.

Imagine if Beth tried to pull something like this with TESV.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

overstated, my ass!

I don't think he was commenting about the effect on your emotional state, more the longer-term effects on sales. Whether silence or the truth would be worse depends on what there is to say. Clearly, at this point AP has to be delayed because it hasn't been properly promoted. Why is the interesting question. Could be Sony. Could be financial issues. Could be other games coming out. Could be problems with AP itself. It's reasonable for us to want to know. It's also reasonable for Sega to think that whatever the problem is, it will be easier to solve without an announcement.

As for Bethesda trying this with TESV, they've always held their cards close to their chests, and while fans complain by and large the practice has served them well.

Imagine if Beth tried to pull something like this with TESV.

Hmm. Let's see... I would give even less of a damn than I do now.

And that's why you're a regular here.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

overstated, my ass!

How is it so bad? Are people all boycotting the game now? Anyone that I know that is interested in this game is disappointed it's been delayed, but is still going to pick up the game.

The longer it goes, the less likely they will say anything.

How does one boycott a game that isn't available to buy?

By either not buying the product when it becomes available, or punatively not buying other products by the company/companies involved, I'd guess.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Personally I just advocate people buy what they want to buy because they think they'll enjoy it. Anything else (IMO) is madness.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Personally I just advocate people buy what they want to buy because they think they'll enjoy it. Anything else (IMO) is madness.

I've bought games somewhat in the vein of making a donation to an arts organization, games that I wasn't exceptionally eager to play, e.g. Temple of Elemental Evil, but whose devs I thought might do something interesting if their employer landed on its financial feet. I prefer to think of this as strategic purchasing rather than madness, but you may be right.

How does one boycott a game that isn't available to buy?

By refusing to buy the game when it comes out.

That is assuming that it does come out.

Of course. I figured that that went without saying.

Of course, you also figured that Dragon Age was destined to be vapourware.