Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The TSLRCM thread

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5145 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I still haven't played it :shifty:

My computer is still unpacked due to my recent move.

Landiskan

Landiskan

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts
I've downloaded it, but i'm waiting for the update for USM first. :D

Bass-GameMaster

Bass-GameMaster

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Exiied Force
Is this mod worth an old vet coming out of retirement for his 10th play through?

This looks real promising and I think im going to install it now.

goatkiller0

goatkiller0

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Artist of War66
Cant wait for version 1.5 to come out. It's going to have more restored content and compatible with the m4-78 mod.

Scarletguard

Scarletguard

Main Archon of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Stoney has made the big announcement over at LucasForums but I thought I'd share it here.

TSL Restored Content Mod "FINAL" 1.5 version IS HERE!
Main link http://www.deadlystr.../TSLRCM 1.5.exe

Yeah, you see that right. TSLRCM "final" 1.5 version is here, ready to be downloaded.

README:
Authors: Zbyl2 and DarthStoney
Name: TSL Restored Content Mod

1. Description:
----------
Restores a lot of cut content in KOTOR (TSL)

2. Mod (In)compatibility:
----------
Prologue - Peragus - Harbinger Correction Mod (1.1) by Ulic is COMPATIBLE
Sion's Arrival to Peragus Fix (2.0) by Zbyl is COMPATIBLE
Coruscant - Jedi Temple by DeathDisco is COMPATIBLE

M4-78 will NOT work with this mod.

USM-compatibility patch can be downloaded in download section over at deadlystream.com

3. UNINSTALLATION
----------
1. Go to your TSL directory.
2. Find file called unins000.exe
3. Rund unins000.exe.
4. Wait.
5. Go to your TSL directory. Folder called "backup" was created during installation. Open it.
6. In "backup" folder you'll find two sub-folders - "launcher" and "modules".
7. Copy files from "backup\launcher" directory into "launcher" folder in game's main directory.
8. Copy files from "backup\modules" directory into "modules" folder in game's main directory.
9. Congratulation - TSLRCM has been successfully removed from your game's folders!

4. CREDITS:
----------
Major Contributors:
* Jinger/Kreia - the Rebuilt enclave and Handmaidens
* Vpuppet/HassatHunter - the New HK factory
* MonoGiganto - T3s fixed dialog and ZezKiels fixed dialog on NarShadaa
* Savvy30039 - the new animations
* SWfan28 - scripting genius of a lot of areas

Voice Acting:
* Usagi - Kaevee

Beta Testing:
* Hassat Hunter
* Lord of Hunger
* TriggerGod
* Pra_Viilon
* Garfield
* JoewJ
* VPuppet
* DarthDac

Translations:
* Melkor, MrPhil - French
* Alec - Italian
* Rodro Lliv, Januszka, Serpol - Spanish
* Pestilenz, Lex - German

DISTRIBUTION NOTES
----------
Thanks to DeadlyStream for giving us space on his forums and all the people of the TSL community that helped with bug finding in the beta.
Thanks to tk102 for the dlg editor/
Thank you to the members of Team Gizka for finding out about the missing HK factory modules and all the content that was cut from KotorTSL and making sense of it all, because without all their previous efforts and hard work none of this would be possible.
Thanks to Jdnoa and Dashus for the tools they created for which none of this would be possible without them.

This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the authors.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Have fun! ;)

To reply to goatkiller0's question:

Can't wait for version 1.5 to come out. It's going to have more restored content and compatible with the m4-78 mod.

Well . . . Stoney is working on a newer version of his M4-78 mod called the "M4-78 Enhancement Project." I'm under the iimpression that he'd rather work on the new version that will be compatible with the TSLRCM than work on a patch to his old version.

Edited by Scarletguard, 14 March 2010 - 07:08 PM.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7031 posts
Does one need to have the previous patches installed to install 1.5?

Scarletguard

Scarletguard

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
This comes straight from one of the creators.

You'll be fine. The new installer will overwrite all 1.4 files. As for USM patch, I'm not really sure about it, but I'd suggest to re-install this one after you get 1.5 installed.

Demonic Baboon

Demonic Baboon

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
I've been following this epic modding project, and others, for quite some time now and have just discovered that the completed version 1.5 is up and about. However, the links to download it appear to be down. Any word on the cause of this or when they will be up again? I'm assuming a bunch of lurkers like myself pounced on it when it was released and killed the bandwidth?

The Yeti of 66

The Yeti of 66

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 605 posts
I just finished the game with this mod installed... I am surprisingly underwhelmed. It's pretty obvious that all of the necessary files to fully restore the content was not available in the game to begin with. The HK factory was the highlight of the experience, but aside from that I could swear I wasn't playing with the mod at all. A few new dialogue options or appearances doesn't change the experience very much. The game with the mod added isn't very different from the game without it. The game felt very much the same to me in the end.

I'm very surprised that this is the fruit of years of labor and forum controversy. I give kudos to all of the hard work thrown in there, but I'm quite baffled at the same time. Ever since Team Gizka introduced the idea of this project years ago, it seemed like the cut content thrown back in would make this a very different game. Maybe the restored content mod doesn't have many of the things that Gizka is restoring, but I doubt that.

Oh well. The modding is very well done, I didn't run into any issues that I believe the mod caused. The content itself though is nothing to write home about. The full potential of this game will have to just live on in our minds and in the written concepts we can dig up.

saki

saki

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

I just finished the game with this mod installed... I am surprisingly underwhelmed. It's pretty obvious that all of the necessary files to fully restore the content was not available in the game to begin with. The HK factory was the highlight of the experience, but aside from that I could swear I wasn't playing with the mod at all. A few new dialogue options or appearances doesn't change the experience very much. The game with the mod added isn't very different from the game without it. The game felt very much the same to me in the end.

I'm very surprised that this is the fruit of years of labor and forum controversy. I give kudos to all of the hard work thrown in there, but I'm quite baffled at the same time. Ever since Team Gizka introduced the idea of this project years ago, it seemed like the cut content thrown back in would make this a very different game. Maybe the restored content mod doesn't have many of the things that Gizka is restoring, but I doubt that.

Oh well. The modding is very well done, I didn't run into any issues that I believe the mod caused. The content itself though is nothing to write home about. The full potential of this game will have to just live on in our minds and in the written concepts we can dig up.

I must disagree! There are many, many things new in this mod. I play it now for third time because I want to explore it all and always run in something new.
Btw this mod is compatible with only 4 other mods and those are:

1.Prologue - Peragus - Harbinger Correction Mod (1.1) by Ulic is COMPATIBLE
2.Sion's Arrival to Peragus Fix (2.0) by Zbyl is COMPATIBLE
3.Coruscant - Jedi Temple by DeathDisco is COMPATIBLE
4.USM-(there is compatibility patch for tslrc to download)

Oh my... Way more interesting, new, less bugs, complete storyline make sense now (like bao dur's faith explained etc.)

Thanks to the fans, TSLRC and other mods are availible to all on many sites. Get them immediately and try them. You won't regret :lol:

Edited by saki, 26 March 2010 - 12:20 AM.

VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hello, from the guy who worked on the new HK factory for version 1.5.

I feel the same way about the mod, but it's not because the content isn't there, but rather because I feel that the primary makers of the mod didn't assemble it all together in the right fashion. I've looked through most of the cut content and believe you me, it can be done, but it's not yet.

refuse

refuse

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 402 posts

The forum controversy and years of labor you mention are for the mod that was being developed (and abandoned?) by Team Gizka. This mod was made by other people.

KOTOR_fan

KOTOR_fan

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hey

Never used mods for any games before but I'd like to try the TSLRCM - it was such a great game apart from the ending.

I was wondering what the deal is with the mod and the license agreement? Given the discussion of it here on the Obsidian forums, is it the case that Obsidian, Activision and other concerned parties are OK with the mod?

Has there been any official communication about it? (Reading the license agreement it appears that modding is not allowed, though I guess they write these things in the strictest wording possible, just in case.)

refuse

refuse

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 402 posts
They are cool with it.

Scarletguard

Scarletguard

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Updates for the TSLRCM 1.5 Mod:

There is an error in the patcher included with the original release over at KOTORFiles. (Apparently a few of files were missing and there is one error on Dantooine which may lead to Disciple to be missing.) Get the fix here:
Update to the KOTORFiles 1.5 release of TSLRCM

For those fond of using the Ultimate Saber Mod, now you don't have to choose TSLRCM over USM. Darth Stoney has created a compatibility patch so you'll be to use the USM with TSLRCM!
TSLRCM - USM Compatibility Patch

As with all mods, please pay particular attention to the read me files included so there isn't any issue with your installation. If you have any questions before (or after) attempting to install these mods and the read me file has already been consulted, ask for advice in this thread. (Reviews of the mod are also welcomed over there as well.)

Kissamies

Kissamies

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think it is pretty awesome. Nice bits and pieces here and there, the HK factory, Malachor V is still a shattered mess, but at least now there's a sort of red thread in the plot you can follow. Things are not left hanging nearly as much.

Good work, I say.

Average Joe

Average Joe

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

Amen, everything restored (besides HK factory) is pretty much minor and doesn't change or add much to the game except just seeing something new.

I wonder how the world would be today if Obsidian had been allowed to finish the game. :sigh:

Scarletguard

Scarletguard

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I wonder how the world would be today if Obsidian had been allowed to finish the game. :sigh:

The world would probably be much the same ( :lol: ) but we'd at least have a TSL with M4-78 in there the way it was intended, and perhaps an ending that wasn't so weak.

Average Joe

Average Joe

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

The world would probably be much the same ( >_< ) but we'd at least have a TSL with M4-78 in there the way it was intended, and perhaps an ending that wasn't so weak.

I was thinking something more along the lines of world peace, but whatever.

The Yeti of 66

The Yeti of 66

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 605 posts

The forum controversy and years of labor you mention are for the mod that was being developed (and abandoned?) by Team Gizka. This mod was made by other people.

I know that it's a different team, but for the most part it's the same content being restored. That's why I was so baffled at the lack of wow factor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users