Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Planescape: Torment Topic

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

Craigboy2

Craigboy2

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1917 posts
Talk about Planescape! If this is not the right place to discuss this than please link me to the proper planescape fan forum or whatever you want to call it. Made some CD covers awhile back, might be of interest for the proper people. First is true to the original box cover, second to the in-game model.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2089 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
thanks for sharing :( I still have the first 4 CD release of PS:T in my collection :)

Edited by Mamoulian War, 13 September 2009 - 08:53 AM.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2317 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
An amazing game. I'm not usually too keen on replaying very storyheavy games, but PS:T is a game that I still play quite a lot... Very awesome.

Llyranor

Llyranor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6800 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Gabrielle
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
What is this Planetscape game you speak of?

Craigboy2

Craigboy2

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1917 posts

What is this Planetscape game you speak of?

I'm tired!

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1411 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Best game ever made. I should really replay it sometime. Only Mask of the Betrayer has come close when it comes characters, story and plot in a computer game.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6893 posts
Maybe I should play it one of these days.

Slinky

Slinky

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2133 posts
  • Backer
Torment is one of the best games ever +1

Posted Image
Posted Image

:(

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8778 posts
I'm sure there's an actual forum for PST somewhere like Gamebanshee or Spellhold Studios.

Torment was pretty sweet, but it's also a relic of a time long gone, a better time. A time when I was but a bright-eyed kid with a world of possibilities in front of me, now I'm just another jaded fan reminiscing about past glory.

Edited by Purkake, 13 September 2009 - 10:05 AM.

Syraxis

Syraxis

Arrow Fodder of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1184 posts
  • Steam:Syraxis
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
PS: T has by far the best storyline in a video game ever, nothing will surpass it.

It's ironic, all this talk of "game plots are getting better and deeper and soon, they might surpass even books!" that gets thrown around a lot these days. The best plot was already created, and the vast majority have never even heard of it.

Edited by Syraxis, 13 September 2009 - 10:08 AM.

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8778 posts

PS: T has by far the best storyline in a video game ever, nothing will surpass it.

It's ironic, all this talk of "game plots are getting better and deeper and soon, they might surpass even books!" that gets thrown around a lot these days. The best plot was already created, and the vast majority have never even heard of it.

It is a different era, a new generation of gamers with their own favorite games, platforms and opinions.

That's just how things go.

There might be a Halo forum with a similar thread mulling over the awesomeness of Halo 1's plot and condemning the sequels. You might say that they are wrong, but they might say the same about you.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6893 posts

There might be a Halo forum with a similar thread mulling over the awesomeness of Halo 1's plot and condemning the sequels. You might say that they are wrong, but they might say the same about you.

Or TLJ & Dreamfall forums... :)

If Tornquist manages to somehow tie all loose ends together, it will be the awesomest story ever.

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8778 posts
April Ryan <3.

She's way more fun than TNO.

Hmm what is she was the protagonist in PST? *gets sucked into a singularity of pure awesome*

Slowtrain

Slowtrain

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5295 posts

It's ironic, all this talk of "game plots are getting better and deeper and soon, they might surpass even books!" that gets thrown around a lot these days.

Who says that? 12 year old kids who are playing Oblivion?

Aram

Aram

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 429 posts
Christ. It's been ten years, hasn't it. I remember the first time I brought it home and installed it.

It's truly a wonder that Torment ever got made if you think about it. It seems to me a game designed for a few true fans and not to maximize sales. I mean just look at that cover. No casual gamer with no prior knowledge of the game is going to pick that up instead of Freespace 2, Half-Life, or...(shudder) Everquest. No casual gamer is going to even get through the mortuary, wandering confused through tables of dissected corpses reading pages and pages of macabre dialogue, before asking for his money back. Torment is a game that knows what it wants to be and doesn't give up a thing be it. I haven't played anything quite like it since.

Incidentally I seem to remember seeing a novelization of it in Barnes and Noble those same ten years ago. What was up with that?

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8778 posts
There's an actual novelization of mostly in-game dialogue floating around somewhere, the printed one was crap AFAIK.

EDIT: For example here

Edited by Purkake, 13 September 2009 - 12:48 PM.

Syraxis

Syraxis

• Members
  • 1184 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Who says that? 12 year old kids who are playing Oblivion?

That and Peter Molyneux.

Syraxis

Syraxis

• Members
  • 1184 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

There's an actual novelization of mostly in-game dialogue floating around somewhere, the printed one was crap AFAIK.

Would this happen to be it?

http://www.wischik.c...s/pst-book.html

mr insomniac

mr insomniac

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Backer

Would this happen to be it?

http://www.wischik.c...s/pst-book.html

Is that the one where the Nameless One is given a name? Was based on pre-final release material IIRC.

Aram

Aram

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 429 posts

I awoke, on a slab, in what was obviously a mortuary. As I levered myself up, I caught movement from the corner of my eye. A floating skull. No, I realized as it spoke: a floating, talking, skull.

Oh god that is horrible writing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users