Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boxshot

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

funcroc

funcroc

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2149 posts
Posted Image

http://www.sega-press.com/

Edited by funcroc, 02 July 2009 - 07:26 AM.

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1876 posts
Don't like it, what's my incentive to buy the game when I see that cover? It's about a guy with a gun?

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I don't like it. And the guy doesn't even remotely looks like Mike.

But I can imagine that the average impulse buyer who walks by the box will think "Uh cool, guy with two guns...and espioange cool is lieks Jack Bauer ..uh mommy will you buy it for me?".

Oh well. It's just a boxart.

fastpunk

fastpunk

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 228 posts

Don't like it, what's my incentive to buy the game when I see that cover? It's about a guy with a gun?

Not with A gun, but TWO guns! ;(

Zoma

Zoma

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1358 posts
Guess I'm the odd one out.

First impression I have for the cover is "Badass" yet "mysterious" at the same time, which leads to "intriguing" that would make me pick up the box to take a look at the details behind.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9817 posts
An ugly blue guy and some orange stuff on the cover, reminds me of something... Planescape: Torment box art.

Marketing 101: Needs Sie in an "Ursula Andress" bikini on the cover too.

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space
I just don't like the whole "THE ESPIONAGE RPG" line.

Otherwise, pretty cool.

Hümmelgümpf

Hümmelgümpf

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 669 posts
It's as generic as covers get. How about something more imaginative? Maybe a bloodied dossier marked "Confidential", or something like that.

funcroc

funcroc

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2149 posts
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=70790

Reserve Alpha Protocol and receive the GameStop Exclusive Assault Pack containing:

* The GameStop exclusive UC Regulator high damage shotgun and shotgun upgrade kit.
* The GameStop exclusive Rittergroupen Grizzly high accuracy rifle and rifle upgrade kit.
* 30 Rounds Phosphorous Ammo
* 100 Rounds Sub Sonic Rounds
* 20 Explosive Grenades
* 10 Epinephrine Spikes

In addition, you will gain exclusive access to two modified weapons that can be purchased later in-game to enhance play and give you the upper hand: the Hamilton Howitzer huge volley shotgun and the Samael Retribution rapid-fire rifle. Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.

Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: A unique code and download instructions will be emailed beginning 10/2/09.

Store Customers: A pre-order card containing a unique code and download instructions will be available at time of game pick-up.

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space
I'm not buying from GameStop. Ever.

Slowtrain

Slowtrain

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5295 posts
awesome. My preorder pays off!

Syraxis

Syraxis

Arrow Fodder of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1184 posts
  • Steam:Syraxis
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I Agree with everyone else, the box art really doesn't stand out. Perhaps Obs could get one of the artists to draw up a new one?

Humodour

Humodour

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 3563 posts

Posted Image

http://www.sega-press.com/

I agree with most of the other people in this thread: that box art is mediocre at best. I'm not sure I know how to improve it, but then that's what your marketing guys are paid to do. Gorth seems especially insightful on this issue. ;(

Silvernite

Silvernite

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 66 posts
Well it says PAL on the cover. Maybe there's a different (and hopefully better) cover for the US region?

Hümmelgümpf

Hümmelgümpf

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 669 posts

Well it says PAL on the cover. Maybe there's a different (and hopefully better) cover for the US region?

US covers are always worse. Always.

Guest_PoziomyPion_*

Guest_PoziomyPion_*
  • Guests
Well, I actually kinda like it. The thing is they won't make an original box art cover, because it can confuse/scare people away. Just like Torment.

funcroc

funcroc

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2149 posts
http://www.gamespot....ws/6212883.html
http://www.shacknews...article.x/59391

Alpha Protocol Gets Release Date, Obvious Subtitle

Obsidian's spy-themed action-RPG Alpha Protocol will ship off to North American retailers on October 6, publisher Sega has just announced.

The game is now subtitled "The Espionage RPG," going by the box art issued today, with all three versions--PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360--to be released simultaneously.

In addition to Alpha Protocol, Obsidian has two other projects in the works--Fallout: New Vegas and a secret mystery title--with its Aliens RPG recently confirmed to be cancelled.

Edited by funcroc, 02 July 2009 - 09:58 AM.

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Not with A gun, but TWO guns! :thumbsup:

The second gun is hard to see, I didn't even notice it.

J.E. Sawyer

J.E. Sawyer

Project Director

• Developers+
  • 2950 posts

The second gun is hard to see, I didn't even notice it.

That's how Mikey gets 'em.

Mr. Fob

Mr. Fob

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
Soooo, what's the CE bos gonna look like? :thumbsup:

EDIT: Oh, box looks kind of cool IMO. There is going to be face customization right? Is that why the face of MT is not really visible?

Edited by Mr. Fob, 02 July 2009 - 10:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users