Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Books

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
511 replies to this topic

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9817 posts
Start of old thread

End of old thread

Currently reading Alan Campbell - "Iron Angel"

http://fantasybookcr...n-campbell.html

Game designer/developer gone novellist :lol:

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I just finished the thriller 'Archangel' by Robert Harris. Much better than Fatherland. Packed with great scenes and characters. Thrilling plot. Couldn't recommend it higher for what it does.

shadowplay107

shadowplay107

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 55 posts
right now im reading Krondor-Tear of the Gods by Raymond Feist.
i enjoy reading his books; good plots, characters and twists.

Edited by shadowplay107, 01 August 2008 - 06:09 PM.

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 10878 posts
Borg, Marcus J. & N.T. Wright. The Meaning of Jesus: Two Visions.

Dark_Raven

Dark_Raven

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 13727 posts
Rice's Queen of the Damned

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1500 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk
Treasure Island.

I saw Muppet Treasure Island years ago, I figured Blind Pew was such a ridiculous character the guys from the Muppets must have came up with him.

Turns out they didn't.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 489 posts
The Highway Man.

The Ancient.

The Silver Shard.

Streams of Silver.

Eulalia.

Liked them all, :)

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Treasure Island.

I saw Muppet Treasure Island years ago, I figured Blind Pew was such a ridiculous character the guys from the Muppets must have came up with him.

Turns out they didn't.

For me, Muppet Treasure Island is the definitive version.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4022 posts
I'm currently looking for a book to read.

Like a different view on historical events (a "what if" book).. Do you guys know any good ones?

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9817 posts

Like a different view on historical events (a "what if" book).. Do you guys know any good ones?

You could give David Gemmels "Troy" trilogy a try?

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

How about What If America?

Xard

Xard

Dreamer

• Members
  • 5127 posts

Treasure Island.

Turns out they didn't.

For me, Muppet Treasure Island is the definitive version.

QFT

Azure79

Azure79

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1532 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm still reading George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. I am in the middle of Storm of Swords and feel like I've been punched in the gut repeatedly.

Lets just say I've read through a certain wedding and I feel sick. I have to admire the handiwork and scheming that went on there and I suspected that something like that might happen, but I still feel horrible. I was not prepared. I was rooting for the
Spoiler

Damnit, Mr. Martin, you write a good story. Now I have to stay up late and see how this pans out.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm still reading George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. I am in the middle of Storm of Swords and feel like I've been punched in the gut repeatedly.

Lets just say I've read through a certain wedding and I feel sick. I have to admire the handiwork and scheming that went on there and I suspected that something like that might happen, but I still feel horrible. I was not prepared. I was rooting for the

Spoiler

Damnit, Mr. Martin, you write a good story. Now I have to stay up late and see how this pans out.

He certainly does. I heard the poor chap was ill, though.

I must confess I also liked the Wild Card stories. That really would be due for an MMORPG.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2306 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I heard the poor chap was ill, though.

That would be alarming. I don't see any mention of illness on his LiveJournal, though. In fact, he is recently back from a trip to Europe, which I can't imagine he would have undertaken if his health was in question.

I'm between books right now. I think I'm going to pick up McCarthy's The Road next.

Edited by Enoch, 13 August 2008 - 08:10 AM.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm glad he's not ill any more. I looked, and he mentioned it himself in the afterword to his last book.

Moatilliatta

Moatilliatta

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1250 posts
He isn't ill at the moment but quite a lot of fans are scared that he'll die before finishing all the books. They are mostly just whiners but he doesn't exactly look healthy.

I just love how ubiquitous this reaction is amongst people who like his books. :lol:

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
You really can't put them down.

Azure79

Azure79

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1532 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yeah, the past weekend, I told everyone I was busy and just stayed home reading. Haven't done that in a while. It felt good.

Shryke

Shryke

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Spoiler

haha yeah it's great

pretty much everything that can go wrong, does go wrong >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users