Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pictures of your games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
505 replies to this topic

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
This is why Fallout 3 is great.

Posted Image

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7281 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Wearing a bike helmet eh?

I look very swank in my business suit, courtesy of Mr. Burke. But I'm too dumb to take screenshots.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ohhh noes!!!11

Posted Image

Azure79

Azure79

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1534 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
How do you like the Underworld demo Bok?

I was looking forward to the release, but after playing through the demo I'm not that excited anymore. The controls were really bad for me especially the camera. It got stuck a lot in corners or it would just focus on Lara and not the environment and I would have to fiddle with it to see where I had to go, which wasn't smooth. Also there didn't seem to be an option for the camera to pan out (like Price of Persia), so when wall jumping in tight areas Lara would sometimes jump into the camera and cause it to spin around. Lara's movements seemed to be off to as sometimes she would jump to her death against my will. This might be because I suck, but I've played through all the recent Prince of Persia games and I could control the Prince smoothly and without problems.

The graphics and atmosphere are great though.

Lare Kikkeli

Lare Kikkeli

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 832 posts
dropping a deuce

Posted Image

Zoma

Zoma

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1358 posts
Lara got boobs implant again?

I swear her tracts didn't look that big in Anniversary.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6078 posts

How do you like the Underworld demo Bok?

I was looking forward to the release, but after playing through the demo I'm not that excited anymore. The controls were really bad for me especially the camera. It got stuck a lot in corners or it would just focus on Lara and not the environment and I would have to fiddle with it to see where I had to go, which wasn't smooth. Also there didn't seem to be an option for the camera to pan out (like Price of Persia), so when wall jumping in tight areas Lara would sometimes jump into the camera and cause it to spin around. Lara's movements seemed to be off to as sometimes she would jump to her death against my will. This might be because I suck, but I've played through all the recent Prince of Persia games and I could control the Prince smoothly and without problems.

The graphics and atmosphere are great though.

I know what you mean, I almost quit right in the middle of the demo since the camera sux and the jumping puzzles were tedious and I wanted to go back to playing Fallout 3

Edited by Bokishi, 01 November 2008 - 02:29 PM.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7644 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
More Fallout3 pics, please. :thumbsup:

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6078 posts
My badass new power armor:
Posted Image
Posted Image

random:
Posted Image
Posted Image

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8107 posts

Yeah, different tune now, huh? You only spent like 12 months whining and crying about this game you'd never played. Damn you idiots annoy me. But I am the one under moderation, not you.

Yeah, shut up moderators. We need a moderator free day, let us say what we want to say for once.

Edited by Gorth, 01 November 2008 - 07:26 PM.
A few "unnecessary" words moderated out

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space

Yeah, different tune now, huh? You only spent like 12 months whining and crying about this game you'd never played. Damn you idiots annoy me. But I am the one under moderation, not you.

Yeah, shut up moderators. We need a moderator free day, let us say what we want to say for once.

This post has been edited by Gorth: Today, 11:26 PM
Reason for edit: A few "unnecessary" words moderated out

pwnt

Lare Kikkeli

Lare Kikkeli

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 832 posts
ok here's some pics (downsized from 1440x900)

backflip, these guns pack quite a punch
Posted Image

biggest gripe about the game: invisible walls
Posted Image

taking a swim
Posted Image

it's crippled alright
Posted Image

no! bad doggie!
Posted Image

Edited by Lare Kikkeli, 02 November 2008 - 12:09 AM.

Killian Kalthorne

Killian Kalthorne

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kill Kalthorne

I'm sorry to hear about your moderated status, but you are right. I admit my initial rantings against this game was idiotic and ill-informed. I admit my mistake. Fallout 3 is indeed a good game.

I vote for getting Mkreku off moderated status, and I do think he has a good idea. :sorcerer:

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4071 posts
I'm kinda loosing interest in Fallout 3, there's a lot of stuffs that's starting to annoy me so much that I have to take a few hours brake once in a while.

But here are some screens.

Attached Files

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Indoor beauty. Nobody ain't say Fallout 3 hasn't beautiful art direction!

Posted Image

My new pal. He's gonna make everything kaputt!

Posted Image

Lare Kikkeli

Lare Kikkeli

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 832 posts

I'm kinda loosing interest in Fallout 3, there's a lot of stuffs that's starting to annoy me so much that I have to take a few hours brake once in a while.

I'm interested in what those things are. So far the biggest annoyances have been the invisible walls, which I can manage, and the stupid way they've designed the difficulty levels. Hard is still too easy, but the hardest level gives enemies too much HP. First mod I want is one that tweaks the difficulty.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm interested in what those things are. So far the biggest annoyances have been the invisible walls, which I can manage, and the stupid way they've designed the difficulty levels. Hard is still too easy, but the hardest level gives enemies too much HP. First mod I want is one that tweaks the difficulty.

Just wait when you enter Vault 87 or have to fight against hordes of Enclave soldiers. Plenty of challenging fights there.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4071 posts

For one I don't feel immersed in the universe at all. I had the same problem with Oblivion, the way people react and the way the story is told just feels very artificial. Quests are given to me way too easily, it's like everyone trusts you after you've introduced yourself. I guess the real problem is the delivery of the dialouge.

The world feels patched together, I don't get the feeling of wandering the wastelands.

Bottomline is, I'm reminded all too often that it's a game with limitations. Most good RPGs have alot of limitations, but somehow manage to cover that up and make me feel like I can do and say anything and it'll have many different outcomes, although in the back of my mind I know that's not the case. In Fallout 3 I'm more often presented with the fact that no matter how I proceed the outcome is hardwired and I don't have any real freedom except the given 1-3 outcomes. Which is a shame, because it's not often you have so many different and good ways to solve simple sidequest.

It's kinda like watching a bad film with a really good plot. You wish that a different director and different actors had been involved with the project instead. You focus on the story and the good parts, but the bad acting and bad directing really pulls you out of simply enjoying the story.

With that said I'm not a "anti Bethesda" - "fallout-in-name-only" gamer - I was actually midly intrigued with them getting the franchise and what they could do to the fallout universe. I played Oblivion alot and found it amusing, but had some of the same problems as here. Immersion is a must for me, otherwise I get bored quick.

Final note: I am however amased with how right they got the whole design/art style. With the 50'ish fusion cars and robots etc. They did a better job here than Interplay and Black Isle imo. And Vats is really fun. :(

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Lol. The Swede gets emotional again? :(

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6078 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users