Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

M4-78 mod discussion

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Sylwester

Sylwester

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
I've tested the mod with some warp cheats, what I've saw was simply ... WOW!!! and the mod is not only M4-78 restoration it have also some suprises. Ok, maybe one "Event" didn't happend how it should be, but it suprised me, I don't want to spoil it, and because of another "Event" I don't know what to do next, or what will happen next. With this mod The Sith Lords is a completly new game. Dstoney made a great mod :lol: ;) :)

Sharen the Exile

Sharen the Exile

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

The 'voice actors'/modder & his friends are pretty... meh. They all sound monotone and like they are... reading of a sheet of paper. One of the AI personalities doesn't even have a filter of any kind like the others, so instead of actually sounding like an AI, it just sounds like a really bored monotone guy reading a piece of paper. The pro is of course, meeting Vash and hearing her cut lines in the game.

And here's the surprise. The droid you're talking about (IS-24) have VOs recorded by Obsidian!

Hümmelgümpf

Hümmelgümpf

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 669 posts

The 'voice actors'/modder & his friends are pretty... meh. They all sound monotone and like they are... reading of a sheet of paper. One of the AI personalities doesn't even have a filter of any kind like the others, so instead of actually sounding like an AI, it just sounds like a really bored monotone guy reading a piece of paper. The pro is of course, meeting Vash and hearing her cut lines in the game.

And here's the surprise. The droid you're talking about (IS-24) have VOs recorded by Obsidian!

Fifty bucks say it's a placeholder.

Darth_Windu

Darth_Windu

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 166 posts

Either that, or they never got around to 'digitizing' it if you know what I mean.

The Yeti of 66

The Yeti of 66

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 605 posts

Either that, or they never got around to 'digitizing' it if you know what I mean.

That's a lot more likely. I heard a couple voice way back without editing, and they sounded pretty bland. I guess that's the intent if they want to do lots of editing to them, especially on a droid.

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5009 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yeah; the voices start sounding very "off" if not properly altered. An example in an unmodded Kotor2 would be taking G0-T0 to dantooine to the fake Holocron seller than ask wheter "Powerful and (forgot), isn't that an exagoration". The following line is VERY different from each of his other voice-lines in the game.

Lord2

Lord2

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
To bad that Obsidian aren't allowed to help DarthStoney or restore, I'm sure they had some amazing ideas for M4-78 and everything was toast. I love that planet, and I'm supporting that guy with bug reports.

Swxpert

Swxpert

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 552 posts
yes i am currently tring to get a hold of all the cut content that never made it into the game, if anyone has a link id really appriciate it

Lord2

Lord2

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

yes i am currently tring to get a hold of all the cut content that never made it into the game, if anyone has a link id really appriciate it

Well, everything is hard. the the major sites would be:
http://www.team-gizka.org/wip.html
&
http://www.deadlystream.com/

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5009 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
You forgot the biggest one:
http://tubertarian.c...singcontent.php

Jediphile

Jediphile

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2728 posts

mr insomniac

mr insomniac

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Backer
What I wanna know is, will this mod be compatible with the restoration project?

random n00b

random n00b

(6) Magician

• Members.
  • 651 posts
Since TSLRP is incompatible with mostly everything that is not especially designed to be compatible with it, my guess would be, not at release.

Darth_Windu

Darth_Windu

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 166 posts
No, but Stoney will release a compatible version after the TSLRP is released.

Scarletguard

Scarletguard

Main Archon of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
A few thoughts from one of the M4-78 mod voice-actors . . .

A) Nowhere in the mod author's read-me file does he call the mod a "restoration." Anyone claiming that the mod is a restoration is doing a disservice to the mod author and possible downloaders as they might think they're getting something else than what they're expecting.

B) IS-24 files were probably placeholders, in my humble opinion

C) The "Darth Nihilus vs Darth Sion" YouTube video is not the one featured in the mod. I should know as I'm the one that uploaded that video to YouTube.

D) Stoney intends to have a TSLRP compatible version. Of course for full compatibility, he'll have to wait until TSLRP is released to the general public.

Hümmelgümpf is entitled to his opinion - this mod isn't for everybody. I would like to see what Hümmelgümpf's informed opinion would be after he tries it the mod for himself. I can take constructive criticism.

One note: there's already a first patch for the mod. You'll need to download both the original mod and the patch in order for the patch to work.

Original Mod
http://knightsoftheo...file/M478;89207

1.1 a Patch
http://knightsoftheo...file/M478;89416

Swxpert

Swxpert

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 552 posts
thanks for the help though what im really interested in is stuff that only ever got to the draft stage and was never in any form added, the user walkerman qouted someone who had a link to over a thousand pages of missning content, but he is dosnet remember who/where this was, that is what i want to read about.

Deadly_Nightshade

Deadly_Nightshade

Vampire

• Members
  • 5016 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Since TSLRP is incompatible with mostly everything that is not especially designed to be compatible with it, my guess would be, not at release.

Yeah - I'm going to have to tweak a lot of things when it come out. >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users