Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40k RP: Dark Heresy

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Musopticon?

Musopticon?

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8956 posts
  • Location:What the Bircarli once called their own, spires of soot, flatlands of silver, sky afire
Yeah, well. With exterminatus you are likely to be dead before you see the downfall of your whole culture and won't ever be opressed by anyone anymore(unless you happen to be an Eldar, "hello Slaanesh!").

Then again, virus bombing is nasty.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5594 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Hey, the Meek may inherit the Earth, but you can bet your ass that the Heavily Armed and Possibly Green will take it right off them.

Musopticon?

Musopticon?

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8956 posts
  • Location:What the Bircarli once called their own, spires of soot, flatlands of silver, sky afire
"'ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go..."

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5594 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Or ogryns. Some of my favourite quotes are ogryn based.

"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."

And

"Let's see how these degenerate sophisticates handle a dose of pure unreasoning violence."

Musopticon?

Musopticon?

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8956 posts
Hahhah, the latter is great! Where is it from?

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5594 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hahhah, the latter is great! Where is it from?

White Dwarf magazine, 104, I think. Although really it's talking about ogryns. *sigh* I miss the old days. When I were a lad we were still fighting the Horus Heresy.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
As horrible as 4chan is, they sometimes do contribute something good to society.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.
I've played quite a few different RPG's to this day, and most of them I've liked, but Dark Heresy is so far my all-time favourite, the only thing that bugged me was the fact that I played as a guardsman, and the rest of the group played high payed careers, wich became annoying in the long run since by the time I got an armorupgrade from my standard issue flak armor the rest of the group had moved on to power armor.
Great game though, and the world is highly intoxicating - I can't help but love it.

Recently finished the Harlock trilogy, and while it was good generally speaking, the end-part of it was a bit of a... okay, a big letdown in my eyes. Did anyone else here play it through?

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
I wan to but sadly can't. :thumbsup:

Azdeus

Azdeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 342 posts
No group or timeconstraints?

Or ogryns. Some of my favourite quotes are ogryn based.

"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."

And

"Let's see how these degenerate sophisticates handle a dose of pure unreasoning violence."

Bah, the english language sounds so damn much cooler, and quoteworthy than anything in Swedish.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
Our GM ain't bad, but he (IMO) couldn't tell a good DH story (and he knows next to nothing about 40k and I don't have the patience to wait 3 years till he learns every little detail :)) and he doesn't want to play DH. Second person doesn't know WH 40k either. Third guy knows WH but doesn't want to GM and I'm not allowed to GM games because I wasn't the spotless avatar of game mastering they apparently expected. :dancing:

Azdeus

Azdeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 342 posts
That sounds somewhat eerily familiar. >_>'

Last time I GM'd was nearly 10 years ago, and all the other players had their most seasoned characters - and I wanted to give them some decent opposition - and managed to kill of 4 out of 5 players. :D
They did like the premise of the adventure though, just not... the combat parts.

I knew next to nothing about Warhammer when we started playing either. I read through a copy of the Imperial Infantrymans Uplifting Primer (Yes, my friends bought one. :) ) as prep for my Guardsman, and listened to some brief explanations about the world before we set off. Out of 6 players, only 2(3, one none regular) had any real knowledge/insight into the world of WH:40K before playing, we learned as we played through the game.

I do understand your GM not wanting to lead a game that the players know more about than him, but I will say that I'm sorry for you. :dancing:

Edited by Azdeus, 16 July 2010 - 10:37 AM.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
Thanks.
Leading a game of Warhammer 40k for 2 guys who don't know anything about it...such a delicious opportunity it would be! :dancing:

Azdeus

Azdeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 342 posts
Oh, boy did the GM take advantage of us, my poo-hole would'nt close up for days. :(

My best memory was when he set an Arbitrator on my Noble Guardsman (Pre-Inquisitors handbook though) ass. "I'll have you know that my family are the leaders of the Castelle Alliance! Cease and desist!"...

I lost my characters arm. ;_;

Since the GM is really strict on income and whatnot he really encourages us to find our own ways of making money. Guardsman. With access to the Armory. Hilarity ensued 3 meetings later when we were investigating an cultist uprising in the sector that apparently got ahold of some serious firepower. *Coughs* I swear I'm innocent. >_>

Edited by Azdeus, 16 July 2010 - 10:44 AM.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
:( :lol:
Nice.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 342 posts
Our Inquisitor naturally found out, and I was suddenly 15000 thrones short of money. Ofcourse the Inquisitor took over my operation, and all that time the GM was laughing his arse off in my face. XD

After that it was back to earning the standard 50+(5*Rank) thrones a mission. Considering a lasgun chargepack costs 15 thrones, I was poor. :(

That character is now Ascended by the way. Rank 9, rawr.

What games do you normaly play?

Edited by Azdeus, 16 July 2010 - 10:50 AM.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4905 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Anybody planning on giving Deathwatch a whirl ? You get to be SM's! woo.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4363 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Anybody planning on giving Deathwatch a whirl ? You get to be SM's! woo.

Picked it up yesterday, just barely managed to crack it open, so don't have an opinion yet. I skipped rogue trader, but do have all the dark heresy books. Glad to see there's some (minimal) advice on combining the two... :lol:

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2623 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I actually managed to read through Dark Heresy, Deathwatch and Rogue Trader core books recently...
Although I was expecting the character creation and advance to be a bit more like Warhammer Fantasy RP.

I've got to say they do seem quite interesting, and both Deathwatch and Rogue Trader include some short comments on how you can combine the other games with them.

All made so much easier by that combination of Calixis Sector, Koronus Expanse, and the Jericho-Maw Rift.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2623 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
That being said, I was thinking of picking up my own copies of the books for my personal library.. and good god the price.

Although what really blows my mind is if I try picking them up from the shops here they're 35-40.. but if I buy them in the States and get them shipped across.. they're only 25-30 (and that's including shipping).

Where's the sense?? :shifty:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users