Kotor2: Telos Error

I've played and replayed K2 several times, all finishing with flying colors and without cheats (also, I play it on the PC). But this time, I'm a bit confused. I'm at the part where you're in Atris's Plateau Polar Training Academy for Creepy Echani Handmaidens Who Talk Funny on Telos and I think I fell into a glitch.

After you talk to Atris, you're supposed to find Atton, Kreia, and Bao-dur in the Irrigation Chamber's holding cells. I went there and was happy to find Bao-dur in his rightful place, unconscious on the floor in his cell, but Kreia and Atton weren't in theirs. Instead, after some searching, I found Atton standing--as he would in his cell--by the handmaiden that stowes away in your ship. Beside him, Kreia was meditating as she would be in her holding cell, just in the wrong room with Atton.

At this point I'm not panicking, just a bit confused. So I try to continue the story but when I talk to Atton it says "[Cheat node]Jump to encounter with Atris" and below that: "[Cheat node] Continue Kreia conversation." Now I'm not what many would call sane.

I did what many would do: bang my fist on my desk, make an angry grunting noise of a guy not wanting to deal with this, and started searching all throughout the level for an answer. I check T3-M4, you talk to him as if you're in the Ebon Hawk with him. I checked Bao-dur and the holding cells 10 more times: you can't speak with him and they're still empty. I talk to the handmaidens: They just tell me where my friends are supposed to be (the irrigation chamber). I tried to click the "[Cheat Node]" things and the Atris one sent me to talk to Atris again while the Kreia thing didn't do anything. I tried to enter the Ebon Hawk and find the characters waiting anxiously for my arrival with confetti and streamers and I can't get into the ship. It says "[You need your companions to fly the ship]".

It's getting real frustrating...

Other info on my situation:

-I'm a female character.

-I'm new to this forum community. (registered 10 minutes ago)

-I'm pretty sure Kreia wears Dark Padawan Robes and Atton I think has a combat suit or mining suit or his ribbed jacket. Bao-dur wears some kinda Bonadon Medium suit, the red thing.

-I'm not a happy camper. :(

-Slavant

Edited by Slavant

Edit: There's a solution to this mentioned in the faq. Go back to save game from before you enter the academy. Then "when entering the Academy, first ask who they are. Dropping your weapons immediately actually causes this bug to happen."

There also used to be a fix downloadable from the Restoration Project's website, but they've removed it because their mod is so near release.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

As long as you don't drop your weapons immediately the glitch should not occur but if you drop your weapons immediately the glitch will likely occur.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

• 4 weeks later...
Q. I am at the Telos Academy. Instead of being locked up my teammates stand behind me and they talk about a Cheat Node

A. This following issue has been caused by the 1.0B patch. There are 3 known solutions to fix this issue

1. Re-install Kotor2 without 1.0B

2. When entering the Academy, first ask who they are. Dropping your weapons immediately actually causes this bug to happen.

3. Thanks to Darth333 for this 3rd option.

This one can come in handy if you haven't got a savegame from before the Academy, or that one is too far away from your current position

The solution requires to set the global variable 262TEL_Atton_Talk" to 1 with KSE. The latest version of KSE is available here:

(people who have the non-english version of windows have to download KSEa instead of KSE).

It's very easy to do and it takes no more than one minute. Here's a screenie of what it looks like

With the TSLRP mod soon to be released, the old fix for this has been removed from their website because it would conflict with the finished mod. When the mod is completed and released, it will fix this error.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is really old, but I have the same problem stemming from the Telos Academy (chose to lay down weapons imediately), but it is Bao Dur who i cannot speak to, not Atton. Is there something I can edit to make him work properly again?

edit: Kreia is bugged as well, as with other people, but it is Bao Dur I am most concerned with, since talking to him is required to build a lightsaber.

Edited by gotaquestion

I know this thread is really old, but I have the same problem stemming from the Telos Academy (chose to lay down weapons imediately), but it is Bao Dur who i cannot speak to, not Atton. Is there something I can edit to make him work properly again?

edit: Kreia is bugged as well, as with other people, but it is Bao Dur I am most concerned with, since talking to him is required to build a lightsaber.

Have you tried the suggestions in Hassat's post above?

Most reliable "fix" is really to use a save before the initial dialogue on Telos Academy and not pick the surrender peacefully option.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Have you tried the suggestions in Hassat's post above?

Most reliable "fix" is really to use a save before the initial dialogue on Telos Academy and not pick the surrender peacefully option.

I unfortunately don't have a save before that part, but the first time i went through that section I picked other options, and it bugged, just not in the same way.

I tried the suggestions in his post, but since the save edit is based around changing atton's ability to talk to you... it doesn't quite fit my situation. I looked through the save file for a similar option marked Bao Dur Talk or BD Talk, but there isn't anything close enough that i could make sure i wasn't gonna just be messing things up.

I tried the suggestions in his post, but since the save edit is based around changing atton's ability to talk to you... it doesn't quite fit my situation. I looked through the save file for a similar option marked Bao Dur Talk or BD Talk, but there isn't anything close enough that i could make sure i wasn't gonna just be messing things up.

I don't think it's as much Atton doesn't want to talk to you, as scripting in general from that point onwards is buggered, expecting that variable to be set. Symptoms may vary, but the game becomes impossible to finish. However, I can't say for sure, as I never ran into that particular bug (just a dozen other, not so game breaking ones). No way would I voluntarily give my gun to a bunch of girls (Han Solo syndrome) :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 years later...

Sounds like a different issue, teammates breaking after doing the sparring on the training mat. AFAIK it's related to breaking the code of the battle before the handmaidens have a chance to go hostile and the scripts run their proper course.

If so, your only option is to reload to a save before you sparred.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

• 1 year later...

Q. I am at the Telos Academy. Instead of being locked up my teammates stand behind me and they talk about a Cheat Node

A. This following issue has been caused by the 1.0B patch. There are 3 known solutions to fix this issue

2. When entering the Academy, first ask who they are. Dropping your weapons immediately actually causes this bug to happen.

This one can come in handy if you haven't got a savegame from before the Academy, or that one is too far away from your current position

The solution requires to set the global variable 262TEL_Atton_Talk" to 1 with KSE. The latest version of KSE is available here:

(people who have the non-english version of windows have to download KSEa instead of KSE).

It's very easy to do and it takes no more than one minute. Here's a screenie of what it looks like

With the TSLRP mod soon to be released, the old fix for this has been removed from their website because it would conflict with the finished mod. When the mod is completed and released, it will fix this error.

I know this thread is 7 years old but I just fired up KOTOR 2 again and installed a ****-ton of mods, thanks for helping me out of a bind

I know this thread is 7 years old but I just fired up KOTOR 2 again and installed a ****-ton of mods, thanks for helping me out of a bind

you should try TSLRCM

many mods have been updated by now and are compatible with it,TSLRCM doesn't have those bugs anymore.

Wow, this thread is old... me suggesting TSLRP and 'soon to be released'... oh old times.

But yeah, *our* TSLRCM is out and fixed this along with thousands of others.

^