Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NWN2: Discussion

• Please log in to reply
766 replies to this topic

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8639 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ah, I remember it now. It amde it pretty damn useful. You can still pepper entangled people with arrows - of course, they can, as well. Ctrl+T is useful at killing Entangle once the fight is done.

metadigital

metadigital

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 15352 posts
Ahhh, metagaming the incomplete implementation of a spell. :D

Lilandra

Lilandra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 314 posts

Nope, and they never restock their gold either (unless you buy expensive items from them) so it's possible to "bleed a shop dry" if you continuously sell items to a single merchant (i.e. Sand).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish they could fix it so they restocked their goods. You can run out of perishable items like arrows pretty quick.

karka

karka

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1818 posts
Guys, I'm in need of help.

I'm trying to find a NWN2 save game which Newerwinter City is accesible via the World Map just see my computers performance. As far as I know, Neverwinter is the most crowded place in the game, so it's a good choice for performence measurements. If it's too bad, I won't start to play the OC until the next upgrade.

Wistrik

Wistrik

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 560 posts
Start a new game, walk to the part of the path near the fighting contest (past Georg), stay on the path, zoom the camera all the way out, drop to near horizon level, rotate the camera around the party until you find the point where your performance is the worst, then tweak your settings to get a compromise between performance and quality. That should get you similar or better performance for the rest of the game. It did for me anyway, and it's a good place to start. If you get good performance in West Harbor, you'll get the same or better in Neverwinter City. The only places that might be worse are certain indoor areas, but you can avoid that by keeping the camera 45 degrees or more above the horizon.

For me the worst point in West Harbor was when the camera was between two buildings and facing north/northeast toward the fight arena. I could see the corners of the two buildings, a nearby tree branch, and everything beyond. This seemed to drag my computer down more than any other viewpoint I tried, and proved very useful for a tweak reference. Note that some changes require game restart, and you should probably restart your computer as well. I found that if I didn't do that, my performance would degrade considerably, as if the game wasn't properly cleaning up its mess while changing settings. Also this occured in version 1.03 (the final release).

I hope this info is helpful in some measure.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8639 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
West Harbor is usually a good point of reference, yes, now that lights and shadows indoors don't cause a disproportionate amount of lag as they did in pre-1.03. Just about the only area that will cause you to lag more is Neverwinter Castle, but nothing can fix the lag in that horrible place.

Going to get 1.04 beta now and see if this can improve performance, I still can't believe upgrading from Radeon 9600 pro to x800 XT did nothing.

karka

karka

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1818 posts
Thank you guys. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users