Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

POST YOUR SPECS

• Please log in to reply
731 replies to this topic

CoM_Solaufein

CoM_Solaufein

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5115 posts
  • Steam:apocalypse_2000

Upgraded my video card to a  XFX - AMD Radeon RX 480 8 GB GDDR5. I like how you can change the fans out so you can install a fan that lights up to a different color (sold separately.)

I ordered a set of blue fans since the stock white fans clash with the blue case fans I have in my PC.

CoM_Solaufein

CoM_Solaufein

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5115 posts
  • Steam:apocalypse_2000

Found my monitor that I bought on Newegg a year ago is on sale around $400 off its original price. Couldn't pass up on that so I ordered it and I'll have dual monitors in a couple of days.

• Bokishi likes this

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3633 posts

Impulse-bought a Lenovo Thinkpad T460s to replace my T440s. The new machine is a base model i5 compared to the older one which was a i7 (still dual-core) Haswell, so the final performance would probably end up fairly similar. Other specs are the same - the usual 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, 1080p IPS screen, which is all that matters. I dropped the touchscreen which turned out to be more hindrance than help, and the backlit keyboard which I used maybe once a year.

So really there was no reason for me to do this changeover, but the price was irresistable: $1000AUD for the new machine when I paid well over double that for the older one originally. The new one is about 20% lighter at ~1.35kg (3 pounds) which is nice but just icing on the cake. Old machine goes to my parents who were using my old Core 2 Duo Dell with an almost completely dead battery as a spare machine.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8447 posts

Weird. The Lenovo Thinkpad T460S (1080p, 8GB RAM, Core i5, 256GB SSD) is our company's current standard laptop model. It's clumsy, ugly and soulless.

I would never have guessed someone would actually buy one of them voluntarily.

g4.jpg

Edited by mkreku, 17 January 2017 - 06:00 PM.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3633 posts

Those are the exact traits I look for in a laptop. :p It's a business machine not concerned with being "sexy" but rather having things like the best keyboard available on a laptop, good connectivity options, being tough as nails, etc.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4453 posts

It's clumsy, ugly and soulless.

When I see that I read good value. Paying extra for branding is silly after all ?

BrotherFerg

BrotherFerg

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz (6MB Cache)
8 GB SDRAM
1 TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Windows 8, 4-hour battery life

It doesn't have more than 5 minutes of battery life now

Edited by BrotherFerg, 18 January 2017 - 06:29 PM.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4453 posts
New addition windows tablet. 

• Intel® CoreTM i7
• 512GB SSD
• 16GB DDR3
• NVIDIA® Quadro® M1000M graphics with 4GB 
• Intel® RealSenseTM 3D camera and scanning software
 15' 4k touch and pen screen

• Bokishi and BrotherFerg like this

Casper

Casper

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

CPU: 3.7ghz i7

GPU: GTX Titan X // screen: 55in 4k UHD TV (i run it @ 3840 X 2160)

RAM: 32gb DDR3

HD: 2.4tb ssd

i do so love my rig (i've had it for around 3 years)

---edit

so how do you guys think my system will stack up to PoE2?  

Edited by Casper, 05 February 2017 - 12:26 AM.

• BrotherFerg likes this

Terminator

Terminator

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts

This is my performance/price gaming laptop:
Acer Aspire VX5-591G 15.6" GAMING LAPTOP (black)
15.6 inch screen easy to carry into airplane even if you move to another country.
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ
That is Kaby Lake newest of Intel consumer market CPUS.
This particular Kaby Lake is 4 cores and 3,5GHz in TURBO MODE.

Graphic card: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, 4 GB DDR5

Source:
http://www.pcworld.c...ns.html?page=10
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti review: The new budget gaming champions
www.pcworld.com
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are the best graphics cards for budget gamers and people looking to upgrade a prebuilt "big box" PC.

"
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti review: The new budget gaming champions
Bottom line

Nvidia truly knocked it out of the park with the GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti. Not only are these graphics cards a worthy successor (and worthwhile upgrade) for the legendary GTX 750 Ti, Nvidia’s cards are notably cooler, notably more power-efficient, and notably more powerful than AMD’s Radeon RX 460. "

Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM

1 TB HDD
What no SSD? Does not affect gaming, but Windows boots/starts slower.

Operating system: Windows 10. I do have separately a 24 inch gaming monitor with 1 ms response time and Flicker-free , TUV Low Blue Light technology. Please note that I live in Finland Europe.  Therefore any price questions are a bit flawed since I bought it with euro currency and most of you live in America and use dollars.

Edited by Terminator, 05 June 2017 - 07:53 AM.

Terminator

Terminator

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts

CPU: 3.7ghz i7

GPU: GTX Titan X // screen: 55in 4k UHD TV (i run it @ 3840 X 2160)

RAM: 32gb DDR3

HD: 2.4tb ssd

i do so love my rig (i've had it for around 3 years)

---edit

so how do you guys think my system will stack up to PoE2?  

I found this ok so you have Nvidia 900 series top end ELITE graphic card:

https://en.wikipedia...orce_900_series

It will run great certainly at FULL HD absolutely no problems with max settings. Please keep in mind that POE1 is more demanding then say

Battlefield 3, 4 and newest. However PoE2 is not a First person shooter and does not constantly need 60+ frames.

I don't know what is the situation regarding if that game POE2 has both 4k resolution and virtual reality support? If it does in those EXTREME

settings I don't know what performance it will have but remember it is not a first person shooter where you need constantly super frames.

You have a super computer and you don't need to upgrade. Since you have 32 GB RAM you can also have music playing that are other then the game

if you get bored on the game music and have lots of browser windows open while playing without worrying about RAM usage.

Edited by Terminator, 05 June 2017 - 08:19 AM.

Deadly_Nightshade

Deadly_Nightshade

Vampire

• Members
  • 5126 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

This is my performance/price gaming laptop:
Acer Aspire VX5-591G 15.6" GAMING LAPTOP (black)

How are your temperatures? According to the reviews I've seen for that Notebook you might end up thermal throttling and should look into undervolting the CPU and/or repasting the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users