Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fallout goes d20

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

aVENGER

aVENGER

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

GCG has acquired a license from Interplay to produce a line of Fallout (pen and paper) products.  Our first product will be a Fallout d20 modern OGL Player's Handbook.  Products that will follow will be a campaign guide and a organization companion guide.  Our first product is planned for release this fall.

http://www.gluttoncr....com/page3.html

I don't get it. An obscure, fairly unknown company gets the license to do this and they instantly manage to screw it up by going with the d20 route. Bah...

steelfiredragon

steelfiredragon

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1177 posts
yeah, i think it will bomb out.
even if they keep the perks.

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12324 posts
:huh:

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4515 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
What was wrong GURPS... SPECIAL was based on it, right?

aVENGER

aVENGER

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
It was, and GURPS 4.0 would have certainly been a better choice than d20, but then again they could have simply made a PnP conversion of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. It's not like that hasn't been attempted before.

Edited by aVENGER, 20 June 2006 - 01:51 AM.

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
Any attempt to remove SPECIAL from Fallout will result in disaster. This will probably do even worse than the d20 version of Call of Cthulhu.

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
Well, think on this.

The experience progression for Fallout is the same with the d20 System. Also the Perk progression, if you don't take the Gifted Talent, is pretty much the same as the Feat progression (minus the one at first level). The real difference here is that the majority of the d20 System products are classed based while Fallout is not but there are very successful d20 variants that removed the class system, True20 being one of them.

There are already a lot of SPECIAL in d20 already.

Also they couldn't use GURPS because GURPS doesn't have the open gaming license and SPECIAL has more things in common with the d20 System than GURPS 4e now.

Edited by Judge Hades, 20 June 2006 - 06:30 AM.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
The Fallout crazies will get ahold of these people and then it will be a called shot to the groin with a triple crit and massive damage.

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12324 posts

The Fallout crazies will get ahold of these people and then it will be a called shot to the groin with a triple crit and massive damage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup:

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4515 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I agree with Hades.

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts
Oh n0es!1

Part of the reason FO is special is because it's SPECIAL. :(

steelfiredragon

steelfiredragon

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1177 posts
i shall see, when the time comes.

just remember, surrender yourself to the brotherhood, submit yourself to the brotherhood, and die for the brotherhood.

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
I rather see a fully developed PnP version of SPECIAL than the d20 System being used for Fallout but the d20 System is my second choice. Of course there are already 2 decently designed PA d20 games: Gamma World and Dawrin's World.

Dark_Raven

Dark_Raven

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 13727 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know. No cups will save them either.

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
How about Godlike Nutcup of the Zodiac? Would that help?

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12324 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know. No cups will save them either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definately wouldn't stop a chainsaw....

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
Haha, you jerks and your violent personas.

Also

Well, think on this.

The experience progression for Fallout is the same with the d20 System.  Also the Perk progression, if you don't take the Gifted Talent, is pretty much the same as the Feat progression (minus the one at first level).  The real difference here is that the majority of the d20 System products are classed based while Fallout is not but there are very successful d20 variants that removed the class system, True20 being one of them.

There are already a lot of SPECIAL in d20 already.

Also they couldn't use GURPS because GURPS doesn't have the open gaming license and SPECIAL has more things in common with the d20 System than GURPS 4e now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's so true.

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
This is getting way to weird. Even Pixie Stick is starting to agree with me. :blink:

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
Well I mean, when you are right, I'm not going to disagree with you.

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
:blink:

*runs and hides*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users