Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Age of Decadence

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
Baked lights are fun to play with and it looks really good, You can do mostly anything with it.

Posted Image

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15492 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The graphics aren't going to win awards; but at least they don't make me puke ala a certain other overrated game graphically.

This game looks to have most of what I'd want in a game. :wub:

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2446 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I don't mind the graphics... its the UI that doesn't thrill me.

LoneWolf16

LoneWolf16

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:SereneWolf

The graphics aren't going to win awards; but at least they don't make me puke ala a certain other overrated game graphically.

This game looks to have most of what I'd want in a game. :ermm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What game would that be, Volo? :))

And apparently, I too, am a graphics whore.

baby arm

baby arm

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 140 posts
New interview at NMA.

Ratty: Another interesting and novel skill is Disguise. How does it work, exactly?

Vince: It's a combination of looking like someone else (wearing certain clothes or displaying a certain ring) and knowing what to say (researching the background of such a person).

Let's say that you need to pass through a guarded gate. You chat with the guard and with the townsfolk, and if you have proper skills you may learn that a courier from another town is expected. Asking further and collecting gossips, you may find out more about the town the courier is from (if you haven't been there yet), about the reasons for the visit, about the faction he represents, etc. Then you make yourself look like a courier on an important business and boldly go in, weaving a web of bull**** and confusion. While you will use Persuasion and Charisma to collect the info, you will rely on Disguise to put it all together and act like someone else in a convincing manner, without sweating and giving anyone a reason to suspect you.

deadlus

deadlus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts
Sorry to gravedig, but I bear news and this seems to be the only AoD topic around here.

AoD - Choices & Consequences

I especially like the fact that there are 7 different ways to get to Antidas.

BTW. Looking through the posts here, cool to see how the game has progressed.

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2075 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Back to the topic: is there anyone who disagrees with the absolute fact that this is going to be the bet RPG ever?

Yep. It will be mediocre at best. Drakensang will probably be better then it.

I never knew I was a graphics whore until I saw this:

Posted Image

You discover something new about yourself every day.. ;)

:lol: :x

And people complained about NWN 2 and DA:O graphics.....

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8778 posts
It's not so much the graphics, this thing could use an art style. Stock models is not an art style...

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1841 posts
You guys don't know what you're talking about, these are very old graphics, the new ones are much better, and art design is great. Go look at the website. Edit: Here's an example Attached File  For_your_eyes_only.jpg   74.9KB   49 downloads

Edited by Wrath of Dagon, 11 June 2009 - 09:35 AM.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10096 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Looks very good. And finally a game where I don't have to battle the stupid camera like in NWN2.

I hope this gets released on Steam.

Darth InSidious

Darth InSidious

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Location:The Beast stands for strong mutually antagonistic governments everywhere. . . . Self-sufficiency at home, self-assertion abroad.

Back to the topic: is there anyone who disagrees with the absolute fact that this is going to be the bet RPG ever?

Yes: me.

I question VD's ability to write, especially based on what he considers to be good writing. Reading the dialogue in the "choices and consequences" thread, what I see is uninspired quest design and puke-inducing infodump dialogues.

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5023 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
If it will be universally praised by the 'Codex as the new Fallout of this generation, i might give it a try.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • Silver Backer
Lol, people quote 3 year old posts with screenshots and laugh at them ? What's the point?

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8778 posts

Lol, people quote 3 year old posts with screenshots and laugh at them ? What's the point?

Laugh does a body good.

Is the game ever actually coming out?

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • Silver Backer

Probably right before the restoration mod for kotor 2. :)

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8778 posts

Probably right before the restoration mod for kotor 2. :)

Hey! Team-Gizka is already on release candidate 1, AoD's release is apparently TBD...

Darth InSidious

Darth InSidious

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Location:The Beast stands for strong mutually antagonistic governments everywhere. . . . Self-sufficiency at home, self-assertion abroad.

If it will be universally praised by the 'Codex as the new Fallout of this generation, i might give it a try.

My money's on at least one complaint there that the camera's awful and there's too much bloom.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15492 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"What game would that be, Volo?"

Morrowwind.

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2075 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

You guys don't know what you're talking about, these are very old graphics, the new ones are much better, and art design is great. Go look at the website. Edit: Here's an example Attached File  For_your_eyes_only.jpg   74.9KB   49 downloads

Nope still poor. Just not laugh worthy.

:) I really should read post dates, but had I seen that 3 yrs ago, I still would of laughed.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8639 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think devs need to watermark screenies with dates. :x

It's a low budget indie game. The threshold should be "does the game hurt my eyes" for technical quality. And AOD no longer does.

If you want more... well, it doesn't make any sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users