Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TOMBS vol. 6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
301 replies to this topic

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
It's funny you should ask that question, but yes, it is a true story.

Dark Moth

Dark Moth

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1613 posts

better late than never...

thanks for that review of me a while back, Mothman. (i think it was you). Very cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're welcome. :D For a while I was afraid you'd never see it. Welcome back, BTW.

I suppose I should get to work on Blank's report now and stop being a lazy bastard.

Um, nice report by the way, pixies.

kirottu

kirottu

Animeholic

• Members
  • 4102 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thread Pruned: AS of recently there has been a migration to Narrative Styles. And though I must admit to a certain literary character of these additions, they have progressively moved toward a line that is unacceptable for a public company's fora. Due to a request by the author, those posts have been removed.

I am open and accepting of the narrative model, but I would request that they continue to honour the intent of the Forum Guidelines in regard to decorum and being of a constructive nature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TOMBS reports have never been constructive. They have always been partly or totally there to poke fun of the victim. If you´re going start deleting TOMBS reports I must ask that for constency you to delete my two reports of Mkreku. I´m sure that due to your current state of mind of what is and what isn´t proper you´ll find them to be similar breach of forum Guidelines.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4871 posts
  • Gold Backer
Let TOMBS die. It serves no purpose anymore. I wrote a lengthy post in regards to this, but the damned library has a completely f'n worthless wireless connection.

BTW: nice read, Pixies.

PS I agree with my green dragon friend. We've had this as our personal playground for a while, but TOMBS has always been a bit goofy, sometimes mean, and a source from drama. We were lucky to be ignored here to post with more or less impunity for so long. Some of the report were great, and some of the reports showcased a lot of heart and sometimes even skill, but the ride is over. We should not judge Fio harshly for acting his part in our little drama.

Edited by Eldar, 23 June 2006 - 07:42 AM.

Dark Moth

Dark Moth

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1613 posts
Well, can I at least get my report of Blank out, first? I did promise him one a while back and it wouldn't be fair if I didn't do it.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4871 posts
  • Gold Backer
Well, the fact is that TOMBS has undergone all sorts of changes. Unless admin or Fionavar decide to kill TOMBS, then folks can still do reports. My thoughts don't matter. Kirottu's thoughts don't matter. Hell, no individual's thoughts matter. If there are TOMBS threads and folks want to post in them and other folks want to read them, we'll have TOMBS.

What you represent, Moth, is the original spirit of TOMBS. ...And you represent as well as it was when folks first envisioned it. Probably better.

Keep doing reports. If the reports are entertaining and fun, then folks will read and TOMBS will, as we say, live.

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
But, T.O.M.B.S. can't live with out Eldar.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4871 posts
  • Gold Backer
hahaha. You'd better watch out, someone will assume that's a true statement. You yutz, can't you even be serious about our beloved TOMBS? Is everything a joke for you?!? :Eldar's wry grin icon:

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
T.O.M.B.S. dies when you lied about doing a trial for me.

Dark Moth

Dark Moth

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1613 posts
Uh huh.

Unfortunately, Eldar is sometimes a flip-flopper with regards to his fellow posters. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can I call them, or what?

Cantousent

Cantousent

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4871 posts
  • Gold Backer
rat bastards! :D

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
Well, since we haven't been doing reports as of late, I'll continue the report of myself.

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
Sunday, June 25th, 2006 I fell in love. It's not the first time I've fallen in love, but it most certainly will be the last.

I went to the store with my mom to get some stuff. Food mostly, at least, that's the only reason I went seeing as I'm out of money. What with Father's Day, CDs, and Gamecube. So we go shopping, and we are at the checkout, and that's where I see her.

She's working at the check-out next to the one we are in, as a bagger. You know, one of those people that put's the stuff you buy into a bag. So anyway, I'm sitting down on a bench. It was a pretty hot day, and I hadn't had any water, so I was starting to dehydrate. My head was hurting a little and I didn't feel like standing. So I'm sitting there, and whenever I see a cute girl who looks around my age, I'll sort of check her out.

So I'm sitting there, and I think "Wow, she's really attractive." She had brown hair, thin, and looked a little shorter than me. I thought to myself immediatly, "She's perfect." I just sat there, watching her bag groceries. I couldn't keep my eyes off her, except when she'd turn in my direction. I didn't want to get caught gawking at her. Her voice was even great. I only heard her say one sentance, but it was all I needed.

I realised that it wasn't just her I was watching. I was watching her bag groceries. It was amazing the way she bagged groceries. She did it with such energy. She would pick them up and put them in the bag with such effort, it looked like she enjoyed it. It was a genuine innocent enjoyment. Just from bagging groceries. Then, when she finished bagging the one costomer's groceries, she did this little victory type spin. Have you ever played the game Super Smash Brothers for Nintendo 64? Well, if you hit L1, the character does a little move called a "taunt". What she had done, reminded me of that.

She was cute. Beyond that. A combination of cute and hot. She was etremely energetic too. She was zestful. I was in love. I was in love with the way she bagged groceries. I was in love with her. I just sat there, I started to silently laugh. Why am I not talking to her right now? Get up and go say something. Yeah, sure, go say something. I don't know what to say. What does someone say in this situation? "Hey, how are are you doing? I was just sitting over there and watching you bag groceries, and I must say, I'm impressed with your technique. How about getting something to eat when you get off?" Oh, wait, you are with your mom. You can't go talk to a girl when you are with your mom.

When I was about 7, I liked this girl. My mom teased me about it. Well, I would call it teasing, she and my sister don't call it that. The fact is, it made it so I never wanted to talk about anything to do with the topic of girls with my mom. I could never talk to a girl in an interested manner with my mom there.

So there I was. Helpless. I would most likely never see her again, The only thing I could do is just enjoy every minute of what time I had. I just wanted to make sure I remembered her. I passed her as I walked out. She looked at me, and I looked at her. Then I just kept walking. She just kept walking I assume. I couldn't turn around. I got in the car, and we went home.

Laozi

Laozi

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2905 posts
So what you're saying is that with women you simply pick one you like and cram them full with as much stuff as they can hold until they're about to burst and then you throw them in the back of your car.

Thanks for the advise pixies, I'll put it to good use tomorrow. :rolleyes:

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
Did I fall in love with the girl? Or did I fall in love with her ability to bag groceries?

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
There is just something about the way those meat products fit in that bad. The milk cartons just slid right in next to the Doritos.

I'm spent.

metadigital

metadigital

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 15352 posts
Being enamoured with a person's vim and attitude to life is not a bad thing; approaching and talking to the above-mentioned girl with said opening line would have worked — if delivered in a confident way that exposed the orator's joi de vivre and / or whatever his greatest selling points (GSP) are — and it had a chance of succeeding. :rolleyes:

The narrator needs to attempt a reproachment with the person in question, perhaps set up by some strategic purchases that might provide some topics of conversation (as indeed the whole plan will, in due course, to someone). The process needs to be achieved completely sine-mater, too, from the context of the story.

Nice prose, too.

;)

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
I don't know what a "prose" is.

Can I sell it for money though?

Baley

Baley

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4292 posts
Well, a lot of people do. And your style's a nice contrast to the overly-intellectual bastards working today. But if you were to sell it, it would be best to publish it in short story form. Or really really short novel\novella chapters.

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
It's all about the money. I better cash in while it's hot. Then, once I get a fanbase, I can start writing crap and selling it high to make the big bucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users