Optimal stats for new characters?

I was just wondering what the optimal stats for each starting class was. on kotor 1, my chara had these stats:

solder lv. 1

str: 16

dex: 10

con: 16

int:10

wis: 12

cha: 10

or something close, at least.

on kotor 2 my sentinel looked like this:

str: 14

dex: 12

con: 14

int: 14

wis: 14

Just curious about stats for my new kotor char. I haven't decided which class to choose, so any or all classes would be a big help. thx

Ouch not much dex

I put normally 14 dex, 14 con, 14 Wis, 12 Cha, Int (dunno, it depends. In k1 it doesn't matter so I leave it to 8 :thumbsup:) depends on class of k2, Strenght 16 or 15, it depends how many points I have left.

More strenght and dex/con (depends, usually CON) points with points with those that are released when you put int 8

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

its usually important to have strength in kotor1, especially if your a soldier because lots of stuff on the endar spire and taris requires strength (sith soldiers, rakghouls)

depending on what class you are in kotor2 its important to have high wisdom, charisma and intelligence because it helps build the force, which is a nessesity for all jedi

I was just wondering what the optimal stats for each starting class was.  on kotor 1, my chara had these stats:

on kotor 2 my sentinel looked like this:

str: 14

dex: 12

con: 14

int: 14

wis: 14

Just curious about stats for my new kotor char.  I haven't decided which class to choose, so any or all classes would be a big help. thx

That's a pretty decent spread for a sentinel. I tend to favor all strength or all dex (14/10 or 10/14), depending on whether I go for a finesse build or not.

In kotor 2, your starting stats a re virtually irrelevant, other than con and intelligence. You have to decide where to put your increases depending on whether you want to be a caster or a fighter.

K1: Scout/Jedi Guardian

Str: 10

Dex: 14

Con: 12

Int: 14

Wis: 14

Cha: 14

Raising stats above 14 costs double, so I wanted the most out of my assignable points. Since Dex modifies to-hit for lightsabers as well as Str, I did not find a high Str necessary and preferred the extra vitality points from Con. I have decent Int because I want to build skills - this character could do complete repairs to HK-47 and also "free" the Mandalorian prisoner on Korriban.

K2: Jedi Sentinel/Jedi Master

Str: 14

Dex: 10

Con: 12

Int: 14

Wis: 14

Cha: 14

Str and Dex are reversed, because Dex doesn't affect lightsaber to-hit anymore. I need decent Int for some conversation paths, and I raise it to 16 as soon as possible (for more skill points). I also increase Con for better implant use, though that can wait till later. Dex may be low, but can be upgraded be loads of items, whereas few things modify Int.

Guest The Architect

My KOTOR Character

Scout/Jedi Guardian

STR: 12 (Not essential IMO)

DXT: 14 (Good to have high dexterity because your harder to hit)

CON: 14 (I like high constitution so I have a reasonable level of health)

INT: 12 (I only worked on some skills, others just weren't necessary for me)

WIS: 14 (Good to have because it makes your force powers more effective)

CHA: 12 (Good but not necessarily needed as much)

My KOTOR II Character

Jedi Sentinel/Sith Lord

STR: 12 (Like I said before)

DXT: 10 (Why so low? To put a long story short, what Jediphile said)

CON: 14 (Same reason as before)

INT: 14 (I heard intelligence comes in handy in K2 and it was handy indeed)

WIS: 14 (Same as what I said before, also good for conversations)

CHA: 14 (Helps gain influence with your characters quicker and reduces the penalty of using force powers that oppose your alignment, it was very handy to have for me in K2)

Edited by The Architect

In Kotor1

Scoundrel/Consular

Strength:12

Dexterity:14

Constitution:14

Intellegence:12

Wisdom:14

Charisma:12

In Kotor2

Consular/Jedi Master

Strength:10

Dexterity:14

Constitution:12

Intellegince:12

Wisdom:14

Charisma:16

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force

Does charisma help you gain influence on NPCs? I have never seen any evidence of that.

I have no idea how accurate the gamefaq walkthu is in this area, but it states:

Charisma

Bonus to Force Powers (the same as Wisdom, and they stack), improves

abilities with opposite aligned force powers (reduces cost), bonus to

skill (Persuasion) and probably dialogue options, but I can't prove it.

Decent to have, but again, you don't need it as much as you need other

things at level one. I'd take a 10 here as well.

Counterpoint: Charisma also adds a significant bonus to your allies

"To Hit" rating, about twice your Charisma modifier. Also it reduces the

costs in casting Force Powers opposed to your own alignment. Useful if

you want a Light Sided Consular who can use Force Lightning.

Thus I assume it would affect some NPC dealings, but in a roundabout way. I remember after a long while I started hiking Char. a lot, because I noticed it seemed to effect something that I personally desired - unfortunately, I don't remember what it was.

P.S. It might be that I noticed a bigger effect on force powers (including Persuade) with Char. over Wisdom (on normal difficulty)...IIRC I usually started my Sentinels with 10 in wisdom and dex. It harmed them not at all in the long run.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh, forgot...a high INT is a must if you want to have the most skill points per lvl up that you can...(for Kotor2...I dunno about Kotor1...)...a 16 would max it out I think? Someone remember better than me? If you have a low INT you won't get as many skill points per level. Depends on how important that is to you, tho.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest The Architect
How could Charisma and i quote "A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm." help you use the other side's force powers :)

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/578/578849p1.html

Charisma

There's your answer...

Oh, forgot...a high INT is a must if you want to have the most skill points per lvl up that you can...(for Kotor2...I dunno about Kotor1...)...a 16 would max it out I think? Someone remember better than me? If you have a low INT you won't get as many skill points per level. Depends on how important that is to you, tho.

Every stat turns into modifiers according to this formula:

modifier = (stat -10)/2

Thus, if you have intelligence 16, you get a +3 modifier (16-10 = 6, 6/2 = 3), and therefore you get 3 bonus skill points every time your advance in a new level (in addition to those you already get from your chosen class).

I find skills to be significant in both games, though certainly more so in K2 than in K1. Also, the skill point awards for the jedi guardian is corrupted in K1. Even though I had Int 14, I still got only those two bonus skill points from my Int and nothing from actually advancing.

K2 seems to do it right, though. And you want high Int because you can build massive skills (and actually use them for something) as well as gain extra conversation paths at times.

All stats/ability scores max out (initially) at 18. I don't recommend going that high, though, as you it costs two "points" during character creation instead of one to raise an ability score above 14. Besides, you can always max them out later, when you raise your ability scores by one point every four levels, as these increases have no "double-cost for high stats"-rule associated with them.

How could Charisma and i quote "A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm." help you use the other side's force powers :)

Charisma

There's your answer...

Charisma, is usually related to speach, and good speaking ect. and yes what explained I understand, but then i dont see how speaking, a good skill with speaking can help with using opposite force powers

I find skills to be significant in both games, though certainly more so in K2 than in K1. Also, the skill point awards for the jedi guardian is corrupted in K1. Even though I had Int 14, I still got only those two bonus skill points from my Int and nothing from actually advancing.

Kotor 1 was gimped, because you only got half your int modifier as skill points. There was no point in having an intelligence of 12 or 16, 10 or 14 were the only useful values.

How could Charisma and i quote "A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm." help you use the other side's force powers :shifty:

Charisma

There's your answer...

Charisma, is usually related to speach, and good speaking ect. and yes what explained I understand, but then i dont see how speaking, a good skill with speaking can help with using opposite force powers

It's a d20 thing, which means it's above making any sort of sense. Lots of those rules just have things attached to it in some attempt to make all the stats equally important, no matter how unrealistic it is. For example, the relevant ability that affects the concentration skill in d20 (not just D&D) is constitution... :shifty:

There is no logic, there is only the force, so just accept it.

[force persuade]These are the droids you're looking for. Move along [/force persuade]

:shifty:

Charisma is also associated with a...physical presence, a strength of willpower, a personal magnetism, an aura, if you will, that draws people to someone, even if they don't open their mouth. It's not just about speech itself. People can make the same exact speech, if you don't have that magnetic 'aura' the words alone won't neccesarily impress someone to fanatisicm.

People with such charisma can often convince people to do things they wouldn't ordinarly do, thus, to me it makes sense that it might affect abilities to use opposite force powers...a willpower thing, perhaps.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Charisma is also associated with a...physical presence, a strength of willpower, a personal magnetism, an aura, if you will, that draws people to someone, even if they don't open their mouth. It's not just about speech itself. People can make the same exact speech, if you don't have that magnetic 'aura' the words alone won't neccesarily impress someone to fanatisicm.

Yes.

People with such charisma can often convince people to do things they wouldn't ordinarly do, thus, to me it makes sense that it might affect abilities to use opposite force powers...a willpower thing, perhaps.

While I agree with your first observation here, I don't see how you reach your conclusion that it will affect opposite force powers. Charisma is not a measure of willpower - that's what Wisdom is for and why it affects force powers. If you were right, Wisdom should affect opposite force powers more than Charisma does, and that is not the case.

Well, I wasn't really trying to give logical answer there, since the whole "can only use Dark or Light' without penalties is just wishful, good/evil is either black & white, thinking. Imean, even Strength in games is not logical/realistic, since no amount of muscle and stamina is going to enable a human to carry 1000 pounds of gear and armor and do fancy sword fighting at the same time. :D

But for the irrational and totally unproven response:

In my experience people with very high charisma (the ones who don't have to 'work at it') often also have very high willpower - of certain types, anyway. So I tend to think they're somewhat connected - whether it's chicken or egg first, I don't know, but connection there often is, in my limited observations.

Therefore, in fantasy game terms, you could say/pretend that if one has a high charisma, one would also have the mental willpower to allow useage of abilities with less cost - ie, less energy/less effort/less thought. They would be more likely to have the mental make-up (and confidence/ego from all that ass-kissing they've gotten from having such high charisma all their lives) to be able to withstand the mental drain of what's required to 'force' the opposite Force powers to their will better than the average joe.

If you want something even more irrational and based on the new movies, one could pretend that the midichlorians are in some way affected by high charisma since they're lifeforms and well, y'know, they get impressed by those above average psychic vibes. :D