Skip Peragus Mod

Do you use (any of) the skip Peragus mod?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use (any of) the skip Peragus mod?

• Yes
    • Yes, it's the only mod I use too.
    • No, because/unless it's perfectly balanced (eg, no lightsaber)
    • No, I don't like Peragus but I don't like using mods
    • No, I like Peragus
    • There's a Skip Peragus mod? Gimme gimme gimme!
    • Other

Edit: The "any of" part refers to that I think there are many versions of the mod.

This is something I guess spawning from the Taris/Peragus discussion currently going on (and the one that I made a while ago), except this is not a comparison thread as such.

Well I hate Peragus but I'm a bit relunctant to use the mod unless it's balanced and importantly, DOES NOT give you a lightsaber (is there one like that? I haven't checked for a while).

As a side, I consider "skip peragus" a bit like the "no fighters" mod from K1 - the only mod I'll ever use.

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

As a side, I consider "skip peragus" a bit like the "no fighters" mod from K1 - the only mod I'll ever use.

Reminds Dufflover of the Sith Lords Restoration Project...

Anyways, I don't use a Peragus Skip Mod.

Reason: Stopped playing KOTOR II

PS. What is Kotor1's "No fighters" mod? For the space fight sequence?

Edited by Battlewookiee

I've never downloaded it and wouldn't use it. I always play through the tutorial in full, too. The longer and more epic the game, the better, and for me that means not skipping through sections just because they're at the beginning.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Reminds Dufflover of the Sith Lords Restoration Project...

Ah yes, very true - fine, two mods... :thumbsup:"

PS. What is Kotor1's "No fighters" mod? For the space fight sequence?

Removes the random space turret game sequences. The story based ones are still there, which I actually think is good so it at least keeps them in the game at some points. And no, it's not because I suck at the turret game (I actually don't see how you could lose at all in that) - anyway, yeh, it got repetitive.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

No. Even though it's kind of boring, it's an good place to get Exp and loot.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I never use mode although some are quite tempting. I am afraid I am going to screw up something.

Peragus is not that bad. Loot and free exp. Besides it is one of the few really challenging places of the game.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

i dont play the game as often, if at all anymore but when i did i used the mod, it was good and i liked it. The fact you got a lightsaber doesnt matter because you skip to parts of the level which if you played normally you'd be at a level where the enemies are suited for you. Using the mods skips you from your starting level to areas with enemies that are suited for a higher level character. So even if you skip half the level, your making the rest harder for yourself.

mods rock! there are some real good ones out there, amazing skins etc for download.

Edited by master_pendrak

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yes, because i really couldnt stand peragus. I was hit by hardware problems (reformatting without being able to backup saves) after getting 4 characters past the peragus (well, some wernt quite through it) part. THen i was gonna have to start from the beginning again for all of them :-

The lightsaber didnt bother me, though maybe it should ask you if you want it rather than just giving it to you. Personally i dont mind, either way you get a lightsaber early on in the game.

Ermm... to sum up, yes, i always use it now unless theres a section i wish to playthrough for some reason.

I use the skip peragus mod namely because I find the opening dungeon er... level so very boring that I give up on new characters before getting through it. In a way, Peragus is kind of like Irenicus Dungeon in BG2. It was great the first time through, but it quickly loses all interest for me. :ermm:

I don't like mods.  :-

:cool:

I don't either. I've tried a few, and halfway through the game I always end up wondering what the **** I was thinking, just wanting them gone. The one exception is the code/quest fixes from TSLRP; they don't force anything radical on you, and actually improve the game. I will try the finished project, because it will restore portions of the narrative that should not have been left out. I'm still reserving judgment whether restoring the ending scenes makes sense. While party members did need to make an appearance in the last portion of the game, I don't know enough about what happens to even guess whether it fits with the theme of the game as a whole.

And I like Peragus, except for the spacesuit part. I didn't like Manaan for the same reason. I hate walking in that thing.

Edited by kalimeeri

Whilst we're on about the spacesuit, what was the deal with its animation in kotor2? I'm glad they didnt make it as slow and painfull as they did in the first kotor, but it looks like my character is being electrocuted as he runs along. Or like he's trying to tapdance. And failing. Badly.

Would it really have been a big job to give it a slightly better animation? But i'm just nitpicking, i would still rather have the tapdancing fool over the slow drunk-walking-suit from kotor1

Well its unrealistic because of all the cry babies that complained that those sections were too slow in KotOR.

That what happen when you "listen" to the "fanbase" and design by committee ... phail.

Better unrealistic and funny looking than realistic and

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

I use the skip peragus mod namely because I find the opening dungeon er... level so very boring that I give up on new characters before getting through it. In a way, Peragus is kind of like Irenicus Dungeon in BG2. It was great the first time through, but it quickly loses all interest for me. :ermm:

how do you skip Peragus?!?!?!?!?

how do you skip Peragus?!?!?!?!?

Either download the mod (sorry, i dont use it, dont know where it is, cant link you to it) or use Fred Tetras KOTOR Tool to edit the characters and change the starting module to telos

Edit : KOTOR Tool

Wait a minute: Dont mess with the tool too much unless you know what you ARE DOING!!

Edited by Akhan225

Guest The Chew
yes the space suit animations were highly comical  (w00t)

Especially when you run.

Yes it was like you are running at high speed even though you have s**t your pants

I would like to add I dont know this from experience :ermm:

Edited by The Chew