Net Light and Dark Side Shift

What the hell does Net Light Side Shift and Net Dark Side Shift mean? And how are they different from the normal Light Side Points Gained and Dark Side Points Gained because I just got done talking to Atris for the first time in the game and I just got Dark Side Points Gained, Light Side Points Gained, and Net Dark Side Shift. And why in the hell doesn't Obsidian include this kind of information in the booklet?

Think about Pazaak: "Net loss xx credits"

or packaging: "Net weight xx grams"

I'm assuming you all about gaining LS/DS pointe right? Well in your conversation you've chosen LS and DS options and because of that, you would've gained LS points and DS points. So if you get Net LS shift, it means you've gained more LS points than DS points, so overall, you have gained LS points. Similar for dark side.

It's not in the info booklet because this is a matter of knowing what "net" is.

I see you've also fallen victim to that double post error bug thingy

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Because net gain/loss is a common term that most people are aware of and nothing RPG specfic. If in doubt ask your parents they would know.

parents dont play video games. :lol: my parents usually say when i'm on my computer too much:get your head outta your a** and do some school work. :devil:

It's not specifically a game related term. They may even think you are being all educational if you ask them :D

1. finance left after deductions: remaining from an amount, especially of money, after all necessary deductions have been made

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Because net gain/loss is a common term that most people are aware of and nothing RPG specfic. If in doubt ask your parents they would know.

parents dont play video games. :- my parents usually say when i'm on my computer too much:get your head outta your a** and do some school work. :p

Perhaps if you'd done your school work you'd know that "net" per se has nothing to do with video games. You should pay more attention to your parents. :blink:

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I was really hoping for this thread to remain civil, but since some of you found it necessary to poke fun at my little "brain-fart"......

To me the terms Net Light Side Shift and Net Dark Side Shift just seemed like they would mean more than the obvious. I know what net loss and net gain are. I'm not as stupid as I came across to be, I just wasn't expecting to apply "net loss and gain" to a computer game. I wasn't in that frame of thought.

I came across as somewhat angry because it was 12:30 at night and I was getting a little frusterated with the game because THE PATCH THAT I INSTALLED MAKES THE GAME RUN LIKE SH*T NOW...

parents dont play video games. :) my parents usually say when i'm on my computer too much:get your head outta your a** and do some school work. :)

Perhaps if you'd done your school work you'd know that "net" per se has nothing to do with video games. You should pay more attention to your parents. :)

hey i do too much work sometimes........i need a vacation.

I was really hoping for this thread to remain civil, but since some of you found it necessary to poke fun at my little "brain-fart"......

To me the terms Net Light Side Shift and Net Dark Side Shift just seemed like they would mean more than the obvious. I know what net loss and net gain are. I'm not as stupid as I came across to be, I just wasn't expecting to apply "net loss and gain" to a computer game. I wasn't in that frame of thought.

I came across as somewhat angry because it was 12:30 at night and I was getting a little frusterated with the game because THE PATCH THAT I INSTALLED MAKES THE GAME RUN LIKE SH*T NOW...

net

net

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

To me the terms Net Light Side Shift and Net Dark Side Shift just seemed like they would mean more than the obvious. I know what net loss and net gain are. I'm not as stupid as I came across to be, I just wasn't expecting to apply "net loss and gain" to a computer game.

You know, I felt much the same way the first time I saw the 'net shift' thing in Kotor 2. It makes a moral decision come across as an accountancy transaction. I guess there's nothing an RPG can't reduce to numbers. :ermm:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

To me the terms Net Light Side Shift and Net Dark Side Shift just seemed like they would mean more than the obvious. I know what net loss and net gain are. I'm not as stupid as I came across to be, I just wasn't expecting to apply "net loss and gain" to a computer game.

You know, I felt much the same way the first time I saw the 'net shift' thing in Kotor 2. It makes a moral decision come across as an accountancy transaction. I guess there's nothing an RPG can't reduce to numbers. :ermm:

that's because accountancy is based on the only perfect science: mathematics.

There are no sects in geometry.

Voltaire [Francois-Marie Arouet]

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

parents dont play video games. :rolleyes: my parents usually say when i'm on my computer too much:get your head outta your a** and do some school work. :p

Now now... I'm a mommy who happens to rather enjoy video games. Well, after the rugrats go to bed that is *lol* And as far as kids learning from video games, ya just gotta show 'em the right ones. You'd be surprised... my son's the only one in his class who has any sense of "cool", as far as gaming and comics. My son gave a friend of his a tie fighter model for a birthday present & the kid didn't know what it was. Blasphemy *sigh*

But as far as the net light/dark argument I thought it was pretty self-explanatory in the game. However, it would be nice to have found out what dialouge options I made to get each shift...

It clearly means that your fishing net had a shift in its alignment.

:thumbsup:

I know people who couldn't do some of the puzzles in K1 because they didn't know things like logarithms, exponentials and stuff. But I'm a Uni student so it would've been a bit embarassing if I couldn't remember them.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)