KOTOR2 male white PC heads

Guest Damar Stiehl

Guest Damar Stiehl

Don't know why but it seems like white boys got shafted in KOTOR2.

The Asian, Hispanic and black guys have a decent choice of faces that look mostly normal and believable. The whites, however... eesh... Lack of any kind of feature definition makes them all look weird. They are all too young, except for the Vintage Jesus (white male #4). And he, well, looks entirely too much like Jesus, especially because of his facial expressions in conversations and the unnaturally smooth skin (Heidi Klum and every other swimsuit model must be dying of envy).

Here's to hoping that the patch will include a few more heads.

Yeah, I hear ya. I really liked some of the choices you got in KOTOR1, and I think there are good reasons for not having them in KOTOR2 (Can't have clones of Revan running around, not to mention there's no way you could surreptitiously choose a head for Revan to use when you're playing the exile). There were a couple bearable heads in KOTOR2, but one of them, white guy with long black hair, seems to have some sort of a glitch on my system, where a big lump or bar or something sticks out of the side of his face/throat for no apparent reason. That graphic glitch drives me insane so I don't use that head anymore.

Yeah, and the Jesus head, well, I just feel like I'd get struck down if I choose it. :rolleyes:

the "jesus" face actually, imo, looks good.  its the kind of hair style (beard, shaggy long-ish hair) that i pictured an older (older than 30) jedi to have.

I have to agree with you there. Not to mention it's the only portrait with a full on beard instead of these wussy soul patches and goatees.

Does make me wonder what the Jesus portrait looks like at 100% dark side. I'll have to check on that.

Guest Damar Stiehl

Agreed, the Jesus dude is not downright *horrible* (especially with the dark hair override). Hell, I'm using him because I can't stand everyone else.

But he needs better feature definition - some forehead wrinkles, better defined cheek-bones and less perfect skin. I mean, he spent the last five years rough-and-tumbling around the galaxy. He should have skin texture and tone similar to that of Zherron or maybe even Azkhul. Now THOSE are rough dudes.

And in a perfect world, something could be done about his conversation animations, because every time he rolls his eyes I expect to hear "Haaaalelujah!" in the background :ermm:

BTW, it seems as if Buddy Christ is almost EVERYONE's first choice. Tells ya something about other mugs...

I mostly chose buddy christ because he's about the only male face not to have a buzz-cut or other really really short haircut.

Damnit, I know it's not that easy to animate, but the female faces with longer haircuts were pretty much cool, so why couldn't some longer-haired men get in on the act?

(Yes, this is a pet gripe of mine. I don't like really short haircuts on men. It just seems like, for technical reasons (or otherwise, there were certainly jedi men with long hair *cough*qui-gon*cough*) we aren't allowed to have long hair in game. So I'm left looking like my character just stepped out of a burberry catalogue.)

I went with the Lord Almighty as well. He was the only one of the lot that didn't look like he had just graduated and I kinda suspect the exile is in his late 30's, if not more. I didn't really like the black faces and I just couldn't imagine an asian jedi for some reason.

The one white guy face looks like a Vulcan with a mullet.

I like the white guy with the big scar on the one side of his face.

They should have a head that's a guy with lots of zits and moles on his face, that would be retarded!

Or maybe a fat guy with glasses that looks like Milton from Office Space. Darth Milton!

Hilarious! Do you have my stapler?....

A lot of the PC heads in KOTOR2 (of every race and gender!) and a few of the NPC heads (particulary Atton) look too, I don't know, weird, smoothed over, plasticized. But most all the PC heads in KOTOR1 looked a bit Uncanny-Valley for me, so I don't know. 's all weird.

edit: And the Jesus head is awesome.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

yeah, a lot of the female heads look like they've been smacked repeatedly with the ugly stick, it was hard choosing one. I personally think that there are more decent looking male heads this time around, but maybe it's just me.

I'm about to make a second runthrough as a DS male, maybe I'll give Buddy Christ a try, since he's so highly recommended...

Guest Damar Stiehl

I want a Utena head for a female PC... heh heh...

isagiyoku nugisuteru hadaka ni naru

jiyuu wo mau bara no you ni

tatoe futari hanarebanare ni natte mo

watashi wa sekai wo kaeru

(I like the opening theme, so sue me)

I want a Utena head for a female PC... heh heh...

isagiyoku nugisuteru hadaka ni naru

jiyuu wo mau bara no you ni

tatoe futari hanarebanare ni natte mo

watashi wa sekai wo kaeru

(I like the opening theme, so sue me)

I geekishly adore and frequently replay the Utena theme song because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Don't have a clue what most of it means, though (and you'd think I'd have it memorized after watching all the episodes ever).

An anime-style head might be kinda terrifying, but a pink-haired Jedi would be awesome.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I played with Master Jedi Christ as well on my first playthrough. He really WAS Jesus with a lightsaber by the end of the game. :D

But in all seriousness (if that's even possible), I played with that portrait because out of all the portraits, he just seemed more Jedi-like. He reminded me of Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon.

And there was a white guy with long black hair? I only recall seeing the one Hispanic guy with long black hair. I don't remember seeing this at all.

Also, the white guy with hardly any hair at all looks genuinely creepy on DS.

That's why he's in my avatar. :p

What I saw for the face choices they looked almost exactly the same as in K1..especially the women - they were literally all the same with maybe a tiny difference. I chose the buzz cut guy with the soul patch both times because he's the only one that looked badass. Just couldn't pick the beard guy.. never liked beards really. But it seems like buzz cut guy had more hair in K1.. this time around he's almost bald instead of just having short hair.