Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cut Ending Stuff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
665 replies to this topic

envida

envida

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 598 posts
Wow so much great stuff and they didnt use it :)

Dead Skin Mask

Dead Skin Mask

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 667 posts

Wow so much great stuff and they didnt use it  :-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More like Obsidian didn't have the time to implement it. What a freaking rip off.

Cheers!

aimo

aimo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts
Thanks, Aurora and HighPriest! These are absolutely priceless!

Though I'm definitely disappointed that these Malachor V scenes didn't make the final cut, I'm somewhat relieved that these were uncovered. To know that at the very least closure was in the original planning is enough...it was definitely going for something darker than ESB, from the looks of it!

Looking at HighPriest's rearrangement of scenes, I was wondering particularly about Atton's Death vs. Following the Exile...maybe if he became a Jedi, he was supposed to die to protect LSF Exile as foreshadowed by his pre-jedi turning dialogue, while he would live and follow her to wherever she was headed if he stayed a scoundrel?

Questions that'll remain unanswered I guess. Oh well, that's what fanfics/fanarts/and fancomics are for :-

Darth Jebus

Darth Jebus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 506 posts
This is just god**** depressing.

Bulgaroctonus

Bulgaroctonus

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 163 posts
I don't like the implication that the Exile will never return to known space. That means Revan might never return.

And despite the haughty attitude of Laozi, I am proud to be a fan of Revan.

Whitemithrandir

Whitemithrandir

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1075 posts
Wow... that atton ending... wow...

Osiris

Osiris

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 142 posts
damn this sucks.

I suggest us PC users band together and demand they put this into a patch. :-. It's be a long shot (and a very large patch). I'm mad the ending isn't what it was supposed to be.

Darth_Radnor

Darth_Radnor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 416 posts

Wow thats all there is to say, wow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow so much great stuff and they didnt use it  :-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True times two

Dirk Benedict

Dirk Benedict

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts
Plus another one

The Bardic Pen

The Bardic Pen

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts

damn this sucks.

I suggest us PC users band together and demand they put this into a patch. :(. It's be a long shot (and a very large patch). I'm mad the ending isn't what it was supposed to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or make Lucas offer Jar Jar Binks as a sacrifice to appease us.

I am definitely going to have to find a way to use those endings.

Reveilled

Reveilled

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 949 posts
Right, I'm just going to pretend that that was the ending I saw when I played the game. Just reading that was awesome. Such a shame...

Plooby

Plooby

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 224 posts
Damn it... I just read this all again and I am getting more and more angry here. :blink: Hey, Mods? Could you all point a Dev to this thread? Can we get an answer here on why this was cut? Time? Lucas Arts? Someone didn't want a great game and thought that just a good one would go over better? Wanted a lame open-ended game? Thanks, Mods. :geek:

Mosaic

Mosaic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 41 posts

Damn it... I just read this all again and I am getting more and more angry here.  :)  Hey, Mods?  Could you all point  a Dev to this thread?  Can we get an answer here on why this was cut?  Time?  Lucas Arts?  Someone didn't want a great game and thought that just a good one would go over better?  Wanted a lame open-ended game?  Thanks, Mods.    :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As much as I would like a answer to why so much was left out of the game when it could have been a great ending (and I actually petitioned for one http://forums.obsidi...howtopic=29709) I really don't think now we will get one. Obsidian probably had a contract with LA and any explianation would look bad publicly. So as much as I would like it so people could at least understand what happened, I honestly doubt it will happen.

lowiej

lowiej

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 239 posts
Im guessing it was cut because it would effect how easy it would be to make the third game, because some characters might die in some peoples kotor 2 but not in others, and developers would struggle in ways to find out who survived, and maybe the developers or LA decided that charcters who died in KOTOR2 might be needed to return in KOTOR 3

Plooby

Plooby

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 224 posts
Sorry, Low, that doesn't wash. If you played DS female Revan, Carth is dead... period. Either you kill him and take over the world or you die with him on the Star Forge. And in that case, Revan is dead, too. Look... we all know that in these games people come back all the time. BGII was hillarious with all of the NPCs that made a cameo... "Aren't you dead?" was a very common and funny response when they showed up. I didn't mind seeing Carth again... or that fact they we talked about Revan who was dead in one of the three KotOR games I played.

Grrrrrrr. :)

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5023 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Sorry, Low, that doesn't wash.  If you played DS female Revan, Carth is dead... period.  Either you kill him and take over the world or you die with him on the Star Forge.  And in that case, Revan is dead, too.  Look... we all know that in these games people come back all the time.  BGII was hillarious with all of the NPCs that made a cameo... "Aren't you dead?" was a very common and funny response when they showed up.  I didn't mind seeing Carth again... or that fact they we talked about Revan who was dead in one of the three KotOR games I played.

Grrrrrrr.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's debatable, Bioware said that they designed KotOR with the idea of only making one game in the franchise. However, just before the game was completed, Lucasarts got other plans.

Iseo Tiakan

Iseo Tiakan

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 96 posts

Sorry, Low, that doesn't wash.  If you played DS female Revan, Carth is dead... period.  Either you kill him and take over the world or you die with him on the Star Forge.  And in that case, Revan is dead, too.  Look... we all know that in these games people come back all the time.  BGII was hillarious with all of the NPCs that made a cameo... "Aren't you dead?" was a very common and funny response when they showed up.  I didn't mind seeing Carth again... or that fact they we talked about Revan who was dead in one of the three KotOR games I played.

Grrrrrrr.  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er... correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty the ending in which you die with Carth on the Star Forge was cut from the final game, and is only accessible using a mod.

TentamusDarkblade

TentamusDarkblade

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 514 posts

{[As the player walks off the Core, Atton is leaning against a pillar, off to the side.]} <This scene should take place if the PC is female, and assumes that Atton didn't fight either Sion or the Disciple.  Think of it as an alternative to Sion killing him, if you're getting all teary eyed over that possibility.  If it does take place, it occurs instead of the Handmaiden/Visas dialogue above, and right after you fight Kreia.>

Atton:  {Trying to be casual, but wants to go with the player}Need any company? {Beat, casual}I mean, I'm not doing anything. Besides, if I'm not around to bail you out of trouble, who knows what could happen.

<player says something at this point, something the lines of "sure you can come">

Atton:  All right, then. {Beat}Where are we going again? I mean, because last time, we were heading toward this mining colony on the edge of space, and there was this Sith Lord, and...

<Cut to credits, scene of Ebon Hawk taking off, whatever.>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone else get the feeling that Atton is a force ghost at this point? It just seems like a bittersweet moment with a lost companion who is the only one who can go with you.

TentamusDarkblade

TentamusDarkblade

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 514 posts
Thank you to Aurora And HighPriest, these are awesome additions to help other fans flesh out the "Could have been" moments.

Any luck finding out more about the Dustil Onasi scene?

~Di

~Di

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 992 posts
*cries*

Bad endings just destroy otherwise magnificent games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users