Aural stuff

Musopticon?

This has been puzzling me for a while: What kind of music do you use for backgrounds and perhaps tensing moments during your games? Soundtracks? Certain bands or acts? Your own? Or perhaps you just enjoy the pleasant roll of the dice and don't have any?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I use ambient music as well .. or if I want complete control I borrow an IPod from a friend and select a wide variety of songs I can shuffle through (depending on the setting etc).. and thereby select the appropriate song to the appropriate moment ..

Soundtrack wise I like to use the score from Solaris (with George Clooney) that's, imo, some great ambient music ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Normally I use the play lists that I used to inspire the campaign and events going on. I shift the playlist depending on the story that I am preparing for. There is however one song that always seem to pop up at tense moments of battle for some odd reason, without any manipuation by me and its always on the list once, and I do have it on random play.

It opens up with great electric violin solo withthe lyrics: Kill! Kill! Kill! Die! Die! Die! Die!

The theme music to Patton is all I need

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, I've never really gone that in-depth with Pen and Paper RPGs. Never really used props of any sort.

Character sheets, books, a game master, a minimum of 3 players, some dice and an imagination is pretty much all I've played with. Not that I wouldn't be willing to do any of that. I just haven't found a group of people willing enough to be that dorky. :o

• 1 month later...

Music?

My last few campaigns have all been played in places or circumstances where playing any sort of ambient music would have been nigh impossible. If I started, I think some of the people in my group would complain, or at least consider it a distraction from the main game.

• 2 months later...

If anyone is playing Gangrel, may I suggest using tracks from The Tigerlillies?

http://www.tigerlillies.com/brothel.html

The first hundred times you hear their stuff you hate it. After that, they're great.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They're...interesting.

My thread lives! (!)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds