The knockout punch for Interplay?

kumquatq3

FOOL will combine elements of Jefferson and Van Buran!

It'll be like Kingdom Hearts, only with BG and FO, AND with live-action roleplaying with real players.

It's a guaranteed success.

Because it has an actual budget and actual devs working on it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

If Jefferson is ressurected, I will be the happiest man in the world.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

About damn time they bit the bullet. It's been a slow painful death however.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Even if the graphics engine is 3 years behind the times and the storyline is finished off by a different team from the one that started it?

Keep dreaming.

Anyway, Herve will probably keep working out of his shoebox in the middle of the road with "Interplay" painted crudely on the side even if his French buddies try to convince him it really is over...a bit like those Japanese soldiers that they found still fighting the war on pacific islands in the 1980s. :rolleyes:

I had such a wierd idea...

What if Bioware, Obsidian, and Troika pool their resources and buy out Titus' shares of Interplay, take what licenses Interplay has and split among them. Obsidian will get Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Jefferson, and Van Buren. Bioware will regain all the Baldur's Gate property they made at Interplay, Troika would finally get their Fallout, then split other Interplay IP evenly. Descent, Freespace, and etc.

That would be interesting if they did that.

"What if Bioware, Obsidian, and Troika pool their resources and buy out Titus' shares of Interplay, take what licenses Interplay has and split among them. Obsidian will get Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Jefferson, and Van Buren. Bioware will regain all the Baldur's Gate property they made at Interplay, Troika would finally get their Fallout, then split other Interplay IP evenly. Descent, Freespace, and etc.

That would be interesting if they did that."

Why would Bioware have to share the purchase? R00fles!

Anywyas, Ip doesn't own the rights to FO other than FOOL. And, having the Bg rights mean nothing as that belongs to Atari anyways. Same with IWD and PST. Adterall, one can't publish D&D games without Atari's support anyways.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You would have such a major joygasm that you would get things so messy and sticky around you and you know it. :rolleyes:

:p

I won't even comment this.

On a more serious note, since Atari was indeed interested in purchasing the Jefferson Code, I guess that there is still hope with the project's ressurection now that Interplay is dead.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

On a more serious note, since Atari was indeed interested in purchasing the Jefferson Code, I guess that there is still hope with the project's ressurection now that Interplay is dead.

It doesn't matter. AFAIK Bethesda got the rights for Fallout so unless they intend to release it under other name, it won't be worth much.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The Jefferson Project was a d&d CRPG set in the Dalelands and was suposed to be called BG3. The Van Buren project was Fallout 3.

The former interests me only and I don't think they are gonna have problems with Bethesda.

The Jefferson Project was a d&d CRPG set in the Dalelands and was suposed to be called BG3. The Van Buren project was Fallout 3.

The former interests me only and I don't think they are gonna have problems with Bethesda.

Err... my mistake. I always seem to confuse both. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, I saw Gamespot had this strange election where they voted for the "Top News Stories Of The Year" or something like that. Some boring news bit that I forgot about won. For me the biggest gaming news surprise all year was when they officially announced that Bethesda had gotten the Fallout license.

IT. DOESN'T. MAKE. SENSE.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!