Hi everyone!

Hi everyone I'm Xellos Des'Vana (Xel for short) elven wizard in RP; fantasy fan in RL life. I'm really interested in the concept of Neverwinter Nights 2 so I came along... :D

OK a quick overview of yours truly:

I'm 16 and I live in Poland (yes, yes we have PCs HERE). I'm a fantasy/RP fan for about 4 years (mostly D&D Forgotten Realms, Warcraft and the HoM&M games). I was a Star Wars fan in the past (now a bit less I switched to fantasy).

I like reading FR books, as of now I read:

The Dark Elf Trilogy, The Icewind Dale Trilogy, Shandril's Saga, The Cormyr Saga;

The Legacy, Starless Night, The Summoning and Realms of Shadow. (I'm currently finishing the Realms of Magic)

I also like gaming (mostly RPG/RTS genres):

I played and finished:

Baldur's Gate 2 with Throne of Bhaal (IMO the best FR RPG ever to see the sunlight), Neverwinter Nights with SoU and HotU, Icewind Dale 2, Icewind Dale with HoW and TotL, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 with TFT, HoM&M 3 with SoD and AB, LoTR Return of the King.

I played (but strangely never finished)

Baldur's gate I (I was in the last chapter but then I had a HD format and lost the save). <_<

Heroes of M&M 4 (didn't like it as much as HoM&M 3)

I like posting:

I'm currently involved in:

www.Only-WoW.com - The first offcial Blizzard fansite and the heaven for any WoW gamer (trust me it's a heaven).

and I'm in a guild for WoW- The Quel'Argarath CURRENTLY based on www.wow-ra.com. (Glory to the Highborne! :D ).

Well I guess that gives away everything, if you have any further questions I'll be happy to answer. Also if some of you wish you can post some info about yourselves so I know who I'm I dealing with :) .

Do yourself a huge favor and replay Baldur's Gate I.  You may just change your opinion on the best CRPG ever.  Baldur's Gate II (even with Throne of Bhaal) cannot be truly appreciated without beating the crap out of Sarevok in Baldur's Gate I.

BTW - Welcome to the Forums!

I must agree with Dalmir.. playing BG1 will get you a new appreciation for BG2. :blink:

With that said, welcome to the forums! Glad to have you with us! :lol:

and its Krispy Cream donuts you need to bring.. :blink:

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Baldur's Gate is alright, but doesn't even crack my top 5 or top 10 best RPGs of all time.

Try games like Planescape Torment, Fallout, Fallout 2, Ultima IV, Ultima V, Ultima VII, etc. etc.

Torment uses the BG engine (Infinity) but has a far superior storyline.

"Torment uses the BG engine (Infinity) but has a far superior storyline."

No; but nontheless it's good. Also try VBL, and Arcanum. These are also good darn games along with the FOs and Ultimas that Ender mentioned.

And, oh, hi. :huh:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Baldur's Gate is alright, but doesn't even crack my top 5 or top 10 best RPGs of all time.

Try games like Planescape Torment, Fallout, Fallout 2, Ultima IV, Ultima V, Ultima VII, etc. etc.

Torment uses the BG engine (Infinity) but has a far superior storyline.

The point/comment was not which IE game was better story wise then another.. the comment was playing BG1 to understand/appreciate the story in BG2 more in depth.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I'm trying to recommend Torment, that's all.  If he thinks Baldur's Gate is phenomenal, then he might really be blown away by Torment.

And just for the record, I absolutely loved PS:T; however, I don't really think Baldur's Gate & PS:T can be accurately compared to one another. They are two totally different types of games.

I couldn't answer for a while :D anyway thanks for all the warm greetings, now time for my reply:

1. I wanted to play PST but kind of can't find it anywhere. ;)

2. I played BG 1 almost to the end and I must say one thing: the lack of linear story makes it almost as good as BG 2 :)

3. I can;t read the Cleric Quintet cause they ran put of copies around here :p

4. I'll bring all the donuts you may need... <casts Summon Donuts IX> < a rain of donuts fall from the sky covering everything in the are of a square mile>

OOps... :shifty:

5. I alwyas write this style of greetings-bio at forums I visit. Isn't it fun? :D

If you don't like linear game play/story you will then dispise Torment.

Torment is a very good/involving story but its more alines of reading a book then playing a game. Your ability to think or do 'out side the box' is mostly nil.

FYI

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

"Morrowind would be a better choice if you like non-linear stories."

MW may be non linear; but in order for a game to have a non linear story; it needs to a have a story.

FO is a real example of "non linear story".

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.