Buying Movies

Pseudospawn

I feel a stupid asking this, but does anyone know of any....

i) online stores..

ii) that sell vcds..

iii) of japaese movies..

iv) that ship to the uk..

v) are reliable...

vi) will accept payment with a debit card (switch/solo)

i am just getting sick of looking around store with what i want and finding out i can't order them because i choose not to use a credit card.

(i figure this is about as off-topic as i can get)

as i understand it, you need a credit card to use paypal. Since i choose not to use a credit card, im kinda boned.

plus all the stuff i read about the horrors of Paypal kinda put me off

[edit] ok maybe i am asking too much, i am about to crack after looking for several days. SO, if the online store accepted a cheque or postal order that would be do-able aswell.

I have used paypal for quite a few years now with no problems. As for needing a CC - I have been able to set up with my bank as well ... but maybe you do need a CC initially. I am not sure if you are asking the impossible, but I have never seen an e-retailer who does something like this specifically - only the paypal option. There are two possibilities you could look into though:

CertaPay Canadian option that may work for you (maybe there is a UK equivalent?)

or

HyperWallet Also Canadian or US (again maybe there is a UK equivalent)

I hope this helps somewhat :?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

The first step would probably be to get a Visa debit card, which is widely accepted (almost as widely as the credit card). See if your bank offers them or open another account just for the purpose (such accounts are free of charge in most U.S. banks that I have dealt with, don't know about the U.K.).

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

The first step would probably be to get a Visa debit card, which is widely accepted (almost as widely as the credit card). See if your bank offers them or open another account just for the purpose (such accounts are free of charge in most U.S. banks that I have dealt with, don't know about the U.K.).

That's a very good idea ... though it does depend on why you do not want a CC ... in the end a CC debit card is still part of the 'structure' some people take issue with in the first place. But it is definitely a great alternative.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Debit cards are pretty much the same as cheques, so I don't see why anyone would have an issue with them. You can't spend more than you have (unless you have some sort of a wierd credit/debit card combo... I've seen only a few), and if you are concerned about fraud, you can deposit the exact amount right before the transaction without running any risks.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

This may clarify a few things. As I said, I don't have experience with U.K. banks, but I recently got a Visa Virtuon debit card from the Austrian Raiffeisen Bank here in Serbia, so you must be able to get one over there.

EDIT: Visa Virtuon cards are specific in that you can only use them for online transactions, and not ATM withdrawals or regular purchases (they lack the magnetic strip). Our banks offer regular Visa debit cards as well, but I wanted to see how well this one works online.

Debit cards are pretty much the same as cheques, so I don't see why anyone would have an issue with them. You can't spend more than you have (unless you have some sort of a wierd credit/debit card combo... I've seen only a few), and if you are concerned about fraud, you can deposit the exact amount right before the transaction without running any risks.

I have a credit/debit card. If I ever spend more then I have in the bank, it counts as a loan, essentially. I worked hard to get it, been doing business with the bank for 8 years, never had any problems with them, I've taken out a few minor loans and such, and they were retiscent to give me one.

Once I went $2.xx over my balance, and yes, I counted as taking out a 2.xx loan. By the time I realized it, the interest had acrued into a third dollar... penny-pinching bastahds.

Anyway, to get a debit card, you'll need to directly contact your bank rep. I think it is illegal for them to accept online applications(It is here, anyway).