Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikko on Onderon...

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Enha_Dyone

Enha_Dyone

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 284 posts

Does it even exist in Star Wars?! :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe...here's one:

Mira: "Did you, you know, hook up a power coupling?" :shifty:

But who could forget:
"Just because I saved her doesn't mean I'm going to go charging up her entry ramp."

Gold. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mothman usually reminds what's more interesting.... :p"

Cactus

Cactus

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 154 posts
Nikko was supposed to be human? I thought he was like a wierd human-based elf/pixie type species... guess its just a misshapen model.

No offense nikko heh :(

Nikko

Nikko

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 29 posts
Wow, I totally missed the second half of this thread. I haven't been here in a while. To answer some of the questions I saw: Yes, my cheeks really are that red. No, they didn't use my real voice and I sound nothing like that. No, I didn't have any input as to who my character would be or my lines. No, I'm not gay. Yes, the model looks kinda weird. And finally, Yes, my deck is still warm...

Spook

Spook

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 449 posts

Okay, if you insist "my deck is still warm" means he is trying to hit on a man, then I suppose I can say that all the Echani Handmaidens called Atris their "mistress" because they were her sex servants.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shhh, don't give the fanbois' crazy ideas :ph34r:

The way i see it, "My deck is still warm" is kind of just a nice way of welcoming someone and being friendly, i don't exactly see how it can be come-on or sexual in any sort of way :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wishfull thinking, followed by homophobic reaction to get back into proper macho mode. :-

Bastilla_Skywalker

Bastilla_Skywalker

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Location:If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Heya Nikko :D its fun solving a murder mystery with ya :D

Brian Menze

Brian Menze

Senior Artist

• Developers
  • 56 posts
I'm the artist who modeled and textured you Nikko. It was fun actually. I knew when I saw your photo with those red cheeks that it'd be a challenge to fit you into the KOTOR world. Most faces made are fairly generic, so when you add a real likeness to them it can be a little jarring. I beleive some of the weirdness the model has is due to the slight fish eye lens the camera has in KOTOR2. It didn't look weird in Max.

Daaave

Daaave

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 950 posts
In game Nikkos head looked way too small for his body, i think thats what made him look weird mainly, he was just so out of proportion. IMO anyway.

Brian Menze

Brian Menze

Senior Artist

• Developers
  • 56 posts
That could be true as well. I didn't do the body, so it may have been a re-texture of some other character's torso. There are size variants and it's possible Nikko's head was put on the wrong body type. Or to take the blame, it may be my fault. It's possible I didn't double check my measurements.

Daaave

Daaave

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 950 posts
The torso was probably a re-texture it looked exactly the same as all the npc's that you just see walking around who just have a couple of one line phrases too say to you.

I call laziness on whomever textured the body.

SSgtSniper

SSgtSniper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
Well this is coolness, and a tidbit I did not know. Learn something new everyday I suppose.

Daaave

Daaave

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 950 posts
You certainly do Sniper.

Especially if your on here

SSgtSniper

SSgtSniper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
Yeah, yeah, brag on your home forum. I get it.

I will say that this is much less brainless tantrumy than Bungie.net. Then again, it probably only sees about a tenth of the traffic. Traffic isn't always a good thing.

Daaave

Daaave

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 950 posts
Damn straight I'll brag.

I own this here joint.

Welcome also. :D

Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 5759 posts

The torso was probably a re-texture it looked exactly the same as all the npc's that you just see walking around who just have a couple of one line phrases too say to you.

I call laziness on whomever textured the body.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets not be dissing on the devs. It's a rare thing to have them here.

Bastilla_Skywalker

Bastilla_Skywalker

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Location:If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
so they didn't use your real voice Nikko? :lol:

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker, 08 January 2006 - 01:29 AM.

Bastilla_Skywalker

Bastilla_Skywalker

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1181 posts

That could be true as well. I didn't do the body, so it may have been a re-texture of some other character's torso. There are size variants and it's possible Nikko's head was put on the wrong body type. Or to take the blame, it may be my fault. It's possible I didn't double check my measurements.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its okay Brian, everyone makes mistakes. Perhaps if you get to work on Kotor III you will do good, or better. :lol:

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker, 08 January 2006 - 01:32 AM.

CoM_Solaufein

CoM_Solaufein

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4766 posts
  • Steam:apocalypse_2000
Wow a real live dev on here. Good job on Kotor 2 by the way. Hopefully the next games will be just as good.

Brian Menze

Brian Menze

Senior Artist

• Developers
  • 56 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its okay Brian, everyone makes mistakes. Perhaps if you get to work on Kotor III you will do good, or better. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even if Obsidian were to work on KOTOR3 I could not be a part of it because production would start up right in the middle of my current gig. PNJ will keep me busy for a while.

Daaave

Daaave

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 950 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its okay Brian, everyone makes mistakes. Perhaps if you get to work on Kotor III you will do good, or better. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even if Obsidian were to work on KOTOR3 I could not be a part of it because production would start up right in the middle of my current gig. PNJ will keep me busy for a while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonder how many people will take this as confirmation that Obsidian are working on K3?

Brian Menze

Brian Menze

Senior Artist

• Developers
  • 56 posts
[/quote]

Wonder how many people will take this as confirmation that Obsidian are working on K3?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Simply, they'd be wrong to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users