The Witcher 2

Remember where I'm from? Hint: not Turkey.

Chicken??!?

I am sorry.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well your avatar is romanian but you strike me as someone from a little more to the west.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The screenshots say "Those who did this are not among the living any more." "They're going to gut, skin and hang you." "What a beautiful day for battle! Fear not my lord, we are outside the reach of their crossbows." respectively, in case anyone was wondering.

The screenshots say "Those who did this are not among the living any more." "They're going to gut, skin and hang you." "What a beautiful day for battle! Fear not my lord, we are outside the reach of their crossbows." respectively, in case anyone was wondering.

Ok and what language is it?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've no idea how its going to play, but there's no denying that Witcher 2 is visually awesome. DA2 looks pathetic by comparison.

They really need to cut down on the cocaine buckets at Bio and siphon some of the budget into the actual game.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I've no idea how its going to play, but there's no denying that Witcher 2 is visually awesome. DA2 looks pathetic by comparison.

They really need to cut down on the cocaine buckets at Bio and siphon some of the budget into the actual game.

Then what the hell are they going to use for the fried chicken?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Then what the hell are they going to use for the fried chicken?

Ray Muzyka? He look like he's holding plenty already.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Let's try to keep things kosher here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Looks pretty. The quote about the crossbows is followed by the speaker getting shot with a crossbow, I hope.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thanks, Oner!

The game does look very graphically impressive. Given what they got out of the Aurora engine, I can't say I'm too surprised. They have some seriously talented people over at CDP.

Watched the

and a newer gameplay video, still too much pirouetting and rolling around for my tastes, but the swords look less generic over exaggerated fantasy and closer to Albion's next generation line. Win some, lose some, I guess.

Improved inventory system is good, though I wonder whether they still limit you to one steel sword, one silver sword and armour dependent slots for heavy and light weapons in the inventory.

Igni and Aard look to have been changed from arcs to on-hits, Yrden is now a one use trap, Axii requires a channeled cast to convert the enemy, but I didn't see Quen in either video, I assume it's not much changed from the Witcher.

Also not seeing the group style or some of the more exaggerated strong and fast style moves in either gameplay demonstration, hopefully the devs realized how ridiculous they looked.

I'm a bit wary of the combat since that targeting system looks suspiciously similar to the one used in DA2 for consoles.

One thing though, I don't understand why everyone and their mother decided to go for a minimalist UI. I saw it in ME2, DA2 and now the Witcher 2's been bitten by the same bug?

Eh, I'm looking forward to it as most things seemed improved on, even if some are just somewhat so, and the engine looks great. I just wish the voice acting were one of those things improved on. It just feels cheap and fake, and so I guess I'm going to have to get the game for PC and hope that they release the language packs(or dunno if they'll do that for consoles as well).

One thing though, I don't understand why everyone and their mother decided to go for a minimalist UI. I saw it in ME2, DA2 and now the Witcher 2's been bitten by the same bug?

I have this nagging feeling that consoles are related. The combat gameplay vid we saw a month or two ago had an UI that looked like it had been pulled from console DAO. We'll see.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's a surprise that CD Projekt's Howardian promises of the game having 60+ endings hasn't been scrutinized at all.

Thought it was 16 or so.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

BOO in The Witcher Thread; BIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

P.S. Graphics looks good. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.