Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I haven't played the game, don't intend to, but find the discussion about loot vs. costumizing equipment interesting. I actually liked that in games like PS:T and BG2, that there were "signature" equipment that important characters preferred to use, whether it be Annah's punch daggers or Anomen's family shield. As long as it made sense in the context of the game. Never was much of a loot gatherer and never dug games like Diablo etc. :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yep, the Kirkwall bits are just typical DAO stuff so far, will be interesting to see.

Also, Vince likes it. So conflicted :(

edit: actually, just read about banning random guy for saying 'bio sells soul to EA' and stopping him from playing the game he bought. Are they asking people to pirate or something? O_o

Yep, the Kirkwall bits are just typical DAO stuff so far, will be interesting to see.

Also, Vince likes it. So conflicted :(

edit: actually, just read about banning random guy for saying 'bio sells soul to EA' and stopping him from playing the game he bought. Are they asking people to pirate or something? O_o

So this is the reply the dude who posted the anti-EA comment got:

Please review the EA Community Terms of Service, particularly sections #9 and #11. There are two levels of enforcement here:

1. BioWare community bans are forum-only and can be for as little as 24 hours. These bans should have no effect on your game, only your ability to use all the features of this website/community. these bans are handed out by BioWare Moderators as the result of our travels around the forum and/or issues reported by fellow community members.

2. EA Community bans come down from a different department and are the result of someone hitting the REPORT POST button. These bans can affect access to your game and/or DLC.

Because the BioWare community now operates under the same umbrella as all EA Communities, community members here have all explicitly agreed to abide by and be governed by both sets of rules. Consider it an added incentive to follow the rules you say you're going to follow.

If there are further questions or concerns, please send them to me via private message. Thank you.

End of line.

So if some Bio fanboi doesn't like a forum comment they can report the post to EA and get you locked out of your game? Wow.

I'm terminating my Bioware social account. Will never post there again, will never buy another Bioware product. Bioware, shame on you.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yeah, combined with the "pre-order before the demo or any reviews or miss out on stuff" and all the other stupid crap, I think they've just helped me forget about their products.

Often when a product is enticing enough you ignore your dislike of a company or policy, and I did with FNV and Steam, but pfft.

Guest Slinky

What...!? Is that for real? Got banned from the GAME too for saying bio sells soul to EA?? And nothing else?

Siegh heil and all that, the little respect for Bio I still had is going down the drain pretty fast.

WOW! If that's true, they can restrict you from your games simply because of something that you said on the forums...THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING to make me...someone who's bought every single Bio game (well, except Sonic...didn't get that one) to come out...to NEVER BUY ANOTHER BIO game...ever...again. (unless they changed their policies). Can't tell if he's a troll or if it were a troll post...but I might even turn to finding ways to help those who will crack bio games on that type of craziness.

To me, if someone buys your game, they have a right to play it, you can't just simply lock them out of it because you don't like how they express themselves. That's more akin to out and out stealing than piracy in my books. BUT, I'd like more confirmation that this is actually Bio's new policy before making any rash decisions.

Another benevolent touch from Bio (or, most likely, EA): it seems that DA2 contains securom despite Bio/EA saying securom is out - and it leaves files behind on your computer. Not the worst DRM out there but it's certainly nice they mislead you about it.

They're making it really easy to not buy their products, which I will do now - no way I'm giving a cent to these idiots. And to think I scoffed at people talking about the EA monster...

BioWare's future is looking mighty grim. I also read that BioWare's employees were notified about the deal with EA only after Bio had been bought. the owners' position on these things is disturbing.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Inon Zur confirms that DA2 was a rushjob

Zur: Sure thing. I'm actually really anxious for the game right now, so I can pop it in and start playing. I'm really looking forward to see it. I know there are a few bugs that still need to be fixed. Unlike other titles from Bioware, this [score] was kind of a rush job. EA really wanted to capitalize on the success of Origins, so the game was really being pushed hard to be released now. So I'd like to know if there are bugs, or if there's anything we could patch or fix. [Editor's note: Zur is speaking about bugs in the score only; he had no involvement with the rest of the game's development.]

This game is so bad that its metacritic score is low 80s (which is like a D if you're a Big Studio's Latest Amazing Release), and its customer reviews give it 30s. lmao. Give this stinker a wide birth.

I'm not a big fan of metacritics customer reviews, I read some of them, and it seems like any monkey can post a review with a short blurb and a score of 0. Seems like it's just seriously butthurt fans hating the game, and I'm saying that as someone who enjoyed Origins and hate just about everything about DA2...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

That said, metacritic IS a good way for people with real concerns to get themselves heard, because investors do pay attention to it (though mostly to the 'real' / professional score aggregate).

"Dragon Age 2 is what happends when you have to cut all the corners to make sure you ship.

It shouldn't really be called Dragon Age 2, it's not even cut from the same cloth, its merely cut from a cloth that looks a bit like it."

Totally disagree. like it or not, good or bad, DA2 is very much the sequel to DA1. It smells, it craps, it sounds, it sings, it plays just like DA1.

Some things are better, some things are worse, some things are different, some things are the same, but it is DA2 in all the ways that matter.

No Volo... No.

I will not frustrate myself by eating the troll bait.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Volo's getting old :o

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Guest Slinky
Dragon Age II DLC "beefier" than Origins'

Dragon Age: Origins also received an acclaimed expansion called Awakening, which earned a whopping 9/10. Will Dragon Age II get an expansion? "I really don't have anything to say on that at this point," shrugged Laidlaw.

Haha, don't know about the people who really like DA, but in my opinion Awakening must be the worst expansion I have ever played. I guess people who don't care much more than the combat are fine with it, but I really found absolutely everything in it rather lackuster. The quests in origins werent that great to begin with and in Awakening.. :o