FO: NV (Spoilers)

They dumbed down the Fat Man and made it useless. 100 something of damage? WTF? Action Boy/Girl perk only gets you 20 AP back? Well hopefully the FOOK mod or another will restore some things back to Fallout 3 specs.

Where's Vault 34 at? I found all the others but that.

My mistake I meant Grim Reaper's Spirit.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Grim Reaper Sprint perk was massively overpowered in FO3, it's good that it's changed. But energy weapons are way too weak against anything that wears armour. The laser rifle cannot even penetrate leather.

Anyone know whether the weapons & armour of companions degrade in NV (I believe they didn't in FO3)?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Explosives are meant to be used against groups. The Fat Man is pretty far from useless as long as you keep that in mind.

That weapon is considered an Explosive? It took six shots to kill a deathclaw, yeah that was a waste of mini-nukes. That should be a one shot kill weapon like it was in Fallout 3. Well except against Behemoths. All it did with that deathclaw was knock it on its ass and slowly knocked down its health.

Also noticed that not all cars/trucks blow up. Either that is a glitch or was that intentional? One of my favorite tactics was to blow up full engined cars to take out enemies.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Grim Reaper Sprint perk was massively overpowered in FO3, it's good that it's changed. But energy weapons are way too weak against anything that wears armour. The laser rifle cannot even penetrate leather.

Anyone know whether the weapons & armour of companions degrade in NV (I believe they didn't in FO3)?

Its not suppose to degrade from what I have read but I notice the gun I gave to my companion is at half health.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Then some enemy hit the gun with a bullet.

I gave Arcade a plasma caster in good condition once... a short time later, some punny Fiend shot him the machine out of his hands and totally broke it. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Vault 34 was the easiest to find. I stumbled across it accidentally, it's east of Camp McCarran IIRC

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That weapon is considered an Explosive? It took six shots to kill a deathclaw, yeah that was a waste of mini-nukes. That should be a one shot kill weapon like it was in Fallout 3. Well except against Behemoths. All it did with that deathclaw was knock it on its ass and slowly knocked down its health.

Also noticed that not all cars/trucks blow up. Either that is a glitch or was that intentional? One of my favorite tactics was to blow up full engined cars to take out enemies.

Yes, that's an Explosive. What do you think it should be categorized as?

If you want to take out a single high-HP target quickly, use a weapon like the Anti-Materiel Rifle, Gauss Rifle (if armored/at range), Minigun, Gatling Laser, (if unarmored/at range), Light Machine Gun (mid-range/mid-armor) or 12.7mm SMG (short range/mid-armor). The upgraded Plasma Caster is also very effective when loaded with max charge MFCs. With the right perks, an Unarmed character equipping the Ballistic Fist can wreck deathclaws quickly.

Explosives are for groups.

personally I didn't like that weapon mods (well, at least that was my experience) couldn't be found anywhere except in traders' inventories. same goes for modded weapons, no such thing in the wastes, not counting unique weapons. took me 75 hours to beat the game and I never had to make a single bullet. had close to 5000 rounds on me.

I guess I'm trying to say: the customization options are very nice but I wish you guys forced 'em a little. all the crafting and modding can be completely ignored, that's a shame considering how much work was put into it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

personally I didn't like that weapon mods (well, at least that was my experience) couldn't be found anywhere except in traders' inventories. same goes for modded weapons, no such thing in the wastes, not counting unique weapons. took me 75 hours to beat the game and I never had to make a single bullet. had close to 5000 rounds on me.

I guess I'm trying to say: the customization options are very nice but I wish you guys forced 'em a little. all the crafting and modding can be completely ignored, that's a shame considering how much work was put into it

In a game designed so that you're not a do-it-all, things need to be ignorable. Otherwise you could never complete the dang thing. How's someone supposed to need to craft bullets if they don't even take repair as a skill?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

J.E. Sawyer:

Since you seem to be around today, can you tell me if companions skills go up on some automated level? I noticed their hit points goes up as I level, so I was curious if their guns etc. skills do as well. Giving Boone an END boosting outfit didn't seem to increase his HP at all, so just wondering...

Edit:wait, found the wiki on Boone. Shows a range of stat, skill, and chr. level, so I'd assume the answer is yes. But I guess from what I tried that SPECIAL boosting gear doesn't work on them (or it's a bug...)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In a game designed so that you're not a do-it-all, things need to be ignorable. Otherwise you could never complete the dang thing. How's someone supposed to need to craft bullets if they don't even take repair as a skill?

I agree ;) that's exactly why repair shouldn't be affecting crafting at all.

Walsingham said:

It'd be stupid to force the player into crafting stuff.

All of my .308 ammo do 1.50x damage, and my .44 ammo does 1.25x damage and reduces my targets DT to boot. Crafting the powerful ammo is very, very handy. However, there's no reason why the game should force you to craft extra ammo.

Edited by Thorton_AP

It's come to my attention that Veronica is a smoker. She currently has 10 packs of cigarettes in her inventory. I have no idea where she got them. I sent her back to the 38 from the old mormon fort. I check with her later and she has them. She didn't get them from inside the lucky 38, I already sold all the ones there. She must have scavenged them along the way.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They dumbed down the Fat Man and made it useless. 100 something of damage? WTF? Action Boy/Girl perk only gets you 20 AP back? Well hopefully the FOOK mod or another will restore some things back to Fallout 3 specs.

Where's Vault 34 at? I found all the others but that.

So downtuning a weapon's damage is now DUMBING IT DOWN? Overused expression is overused! (See what I did there?).

In fact, I'd say that removing the insta-kill capability of a weapon is like the opposite of dumbing it down, if anything.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Do you ever meet the Vault 11 survivor in the game?

I didn't think there was one.. the survivors all shot themselves didn't they? You hear the shots..then the guy with the gun shoots himself and you have his dying whimper and the gun dropping....

Or did I totally misread it... :sorcerer:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Five survivors

Four skeletons

*Will check again*

Edit: Yep. They say there are five survivors, but then the recording only has four gunshots and there are only four remains. Someone survived.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That's what I wrote about here already. Did you defused it with skill or with deactivation codes? People said, it doesn't work with skill-defuse.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."