No Subtitle at the end of the games during credits

Ancestral

Question

Hello,

I finished Alpha Protocol yesterday, and I very love the game :) .

But, I was a little frustrating for the end of the game : The news channel speech that describe the world during the credits have no subtitles... and I understand nothing because, as many persons, English is not my native language.

So, Please add subtitles and localization for this end sequence in your last patch. This would be nice for all the non-English community. :)

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

And I hope in the next patch the option to change size of subtitles or at least slow the dialogue timer...
I think the best solution is to add a minimal duration for a subtitle line (4 lines in less than one second is simply impossible to read, even if you x 2 the time).

English subtitles are already embedded in the audio stream, although they don't show up as I recall. Anyway, I've extracted them if you wanted to run them through an online translator to convert them to the language of your choice.

WARNING! ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE SPOILERS!!

Do not read these unless you have finished the game at least once (and preferably at least 2 or 3 times). You have been warned.

There are a series of audio files for the news clips. Which ones play depend on your choices during the game. I have listed the filenames and added my guesses on what choices trigger them.

EG01_NEWS_01_001 (Saudi - Shaheed killed)

Mideast peace talks were further set back when the Al-Tair insurgent group attacked a convoy of US diplomats in Saudi Arabia. This attack is just the latest in a period of escalating violence in the region, which began when Al-Samad collapsed last month.

EG01_NEWS_01_002

Since the disappearance of Ali Shaheed, the Al-Samad terror network has disintegrated, with chief lieutenants forming their own breakaway sects in their attempts to establish dominance.

EG01_NEWS_02_003 (Saudi - Nasri released)

Moreover, an upswing in arms trafficking in the region has ensured that these sects remain well-armed and equipped. Pentagon sources describe this confluence of events as a 'perfect storm,' and have said that the Middle-East has never been as dangerous as it is today.

EG01_NEWS_02_004

Senator Darcy narrowly avoided death in the ambush, after he was forced to remain at his hotel due to a stomach virus. A final death toll has not yet been released, but three of Senator Darcy's fellow delegates to the Mideast Unity Conference are believed to have been with the convoy. At this time, INN has no information about their fates.

EG01_NEWS_03_005 (Saudi - Nasri killed)

This fragmentation of the Al-Samad network has coincided with a dramatic drop in arms trafficking in the region, an event which has Pentagon officials relieved. According to one source, had the attackers been armed with more sophisticated weaponry than Cold War-era RPGs and assault rifles, the attack on the American convoy might have been much more severe.

EG01_NEWS_03_006

Luckily, Secret Service agents were able to repel the attack with minimal casualties. None of the Senate delegation to the Mideast Unity Conference were harmed, but two Secret Service agents were killed in the line of duty. Our thoughts here at INN are with them and their families.

EG01_NEWS_04_008 (Saudi - Shaheed released)

A series of coordinated bombings in the West Bank left hundreds dead earlier today, in an attack carried out by the Al-Samad terror network. In a video statement claiming credit for the attack, Al-Samad leader Ali Shaheed said that these attacks would continue until Al-Samad's demands were met, demands which include a complete pullout of American troops from the entirety of the Islamic world.

EG01_NEWS_05_009 (Saudi - Nasri released)

The attacks were carried out using a sophisticated new explosive gel, originally developed for the US Army Corps of Engineers to clear mountain passes and demolish bridges.

EG01_NEWS_05_010

The gel is largely undetectable to current-generation chemical bomb-sniffers, and even dogs will have to be retrained to identify the explosive.

EG01_NEWS_05_011

Analysts predict that if terrorist organizations like Al-Samad have acquired large quantities of this weapon, they could conceivably attack extremely high-security targets with impunity, at least until updated security measures can be implemented.

EG01_NEWS_05_012

The Mideast Unity Conference, currently being held in Riyadh, has been postponed indefinitely in the wake of this tragedy.

EG01_NEWS_06_013 (Saudi - Nasri killed)

The attacks were carried out using primitive, homemade explosives, which limited the casualties. Experts say that, had the suicide bombers had access to high-quality military-grade bombs, the death toll could easily have been twice as high.

EG01_NEWS_06_014

INN Middle-East policy analysts have attributed this fact to the recent drop in arms-trafficking in the region since Coalition forces shut down the arms network of Mohammed Omar bin Nasri earlier this month.

EG01_NEWS_07_016 (Rome - Madison dead)

Thousands lined the streets of Rome today for the funeral of Madison St. James, the young woman killed during the failed bombing attempt of the Roman Museum of Natural History.

EG01_NEWS_07_017

Ms. St. James has become celebrated among proponents of stronger government anti-terror legislation since her death, and her funeral at times resembled a political rally.

EG01_NEWS_07_018

In the United States, Senator Patrick Darcy proposed 'Madison's Law,' a sweeping bill some have likened to a new PATRIOT Act, in response to the tragedy. As Ms. St. James had no known family, Senator Darcy personally paid for her funeral here in Rome.

EG01_NEWS_08_020 (Rome - Madison saved)

On the one-month anniversary of the Roman museum bombing, thousands turned up for a candlelight vigil in memory of the fallen. Leading the crowd was Madison St. James, an American woman who very nearly died in the attack.

EG01_NEWS_08_021

Ms. St. James has become a striking political figure in the previous weeks, having spoken at the EU headquarters in Strasbourg, the US Senate, and the Mideast Unity Conference in Riyadh. She has called for reforms in anti-terror legislation, citing sweeping human-rights violations that are ultimately ineffectual at combating terrorism.

EG01_NEWS_09_023 (Greybox - Leland released)

In financial news, Halbech Industries CEO Henry Leland was in Moscow today to dedicate his company's new Russian branch office.

EG01_NEWS_09_024

This new development comes as just one phase of a massive upswing in Halbech profits this year. Halbech spokesmen have announced plans to open new branch offices in Kuala Lampur, Sao Paolo, and Mumbai by the end of next year.

EG01_NEWS_10_026 (Greybox - Leland killed)

More setbacks for troubled Halbech Industries today, as Russian federal police uncovered extensive evidence linking the corporation's senior officers to illegal arms trafficking.

EG01_NEWS_10_027

This setback comes on the heels of the mysterious disappearance of Halbech CEO Henry Leland, who vanished from his San Francisco office earlier this month. American law enforcement is cooperating with Interpol to locate him.

EG01_NEWS_11_028 (Moscow - Surkov captured (?) )

Along with the indictments against Halbech, several prominent Muscovite politicians and business leaders have been arrested in connection with the scandal.

EG01_NEWS_12_029 (Moscow - Surkov released (?) )

In the wake of Halbech's precipitous market drop, Russian heavy industry has experienced a sudden surge in weapons-manufacturing contracts. Sources within the Russian government tell INN that Russia will be moving away from foreign imports in the coming months. What effects such a move might have on the world economy remain to be seen.

EG01_NEWS_13_030 (Moscow - Brayko released (?) )

Along with a rise in mob violence in Moscow, Russia and her neighbors have experienced a sudden surge in guerilla activity within the former Soviet states. Heavily-armed mercenaries, equipped through black-market ties to the Russian mafia, have attacked both military and civilian targets along the Russian border.

EG01_NEWS_14_031 (Moscow - Brayko killed (?) )

President Charles was in Moscow today to sign a new treaty with Russian President Ramius, pledging mutual support from both nations to end arms trafficking in eastern Europe. A new task force created by the signing of this treaty will be headquartered in Vladivostok, with operations scheduled to begin early next year.

EG01_NEWS_15_033 (Taipei - President dead)

Uncertainty still grips Taiwan in the wake of President Ronald Sung's assassination. Emergency elections are scheduled in three weeks, with the country's future hanging in the balance.

EG01_NEWS_15_034

Sung's pro-independence leanings were never popular among certain elements of the government, and speculation has abounded that his successor will face pressure to back down and press for formal re-integration with the People's Republic of China.

EG01_NEWS_16_035 (Taipei - President dead / Taipei - Heck likes)

Taiwanese authorities announced the execution of assassin Wen Shu today. Investigators have uncovered no motive for the assassination.

EG01_NEWS_16_036

A copy of Catcher in the Rye, a novel famously associated with conspiracy theories and secret American brainwashing programs, was found in his apartment, leading to Internet speculation that Wen Shu was an American sleeper agent planted to assassinate Sung and touch off a war with China. US government sources have declined comment.

EG01_NEWS_17_037 (Taipei - President dead / Taipei - Heck hates)

With no new evidence, the search continues for the alleged assassin, a man known only as 'Michael Thorton.' Authorities believe he may have fled the country by now, but National Security Bureau investigators are confident that it's only a matter of time until he is caught.

EG01_NEWS_18_038 (Taipei - President alive)

Uncertainty still grips Taiwan in the wake of the deadly riots at last month's political rally. With the death toll standing at over 300, concerns have been raised that President Ronald Sung's pro-independence government has become too aggressive.

EG01_NEWS_18_039

President Sung survived an assassination attempt during the rally, which many critics are calling an attempt to incite a war between Taiwan and mainland China. President Sung has refused to back down in the wake of the attempt on his life, and in a speech made earlier this week declared that his life meant nothing compared to Taiwanese independence.

EG01_NEWS_19_040 (Taipei - President alive / Taipei - Heck likes)

Taiwanese authorities announced the execution of attempted assassin Wen Shu today. Investigators have uncovered no motive for the assassination attempt.

EG02_NEWS_01_000 (Gungho/guns blazing approach??)

World War III - is it on the horizon? A recent European Union study published by the Scarpacci Group, a Rome-based political think-tank, lists thirty seven 'points of concern,' including a sharp upswing in terrorist activity in the past month, the assault on the United States Embassy in Moscow, and China's increasing mobilization in the wake of Taiwanese independence rallies as evidence that a global conflict of unprecedented proportions may be closer than we think.

EG03_NEWS_01_000 (Greybox - Leland released ? )

In today's atmosphere of looming crises, defense contractor Halbech Industries stands poised to reap massive profits in the next quarter. Halbech spokesman Raymond Arcola announced today that the company has just signed several new contracts with the US government to provide military hardware and advanced research and development for the next fifteen years. Financial experts are predicting a jump in stock value of as much as fifteen hundred percent - good news for Halbech investors.

EG04_NEWS_01_000 (Greybox - Leland released ? )

In Washington today, hundreds flocked to Arlington National Cemetery for the funeral of Senator Aaron Cunningham, who was killed last week when he lost control of his car on the Francis Scott Key Bridge and plunged into the Potomac River. Senator Cunningham, a member of the Senate Defense Appropriations Subcommittee, was spearheading an investigation into illegal campaign contributions by the military-industrial complex at the time of his death. Senator Patrick Darcy, who served on the Subcommittee with Cunningham, described the accident as 'a tragic loss for America.' No word yet as to who will take over Cunningham's investigation.

Edited by Elemental Alchemist

The last 3 are newsreports in the final safehouse, not credit sequences, and are, as such, subtitled.

Although I never recall having heard the 3rd of them...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

How did you extract them ?

I just used one of the Unreal 3 engine UPK extractors and extracted the appropriate looking files, in this case primarily Alpha Protocol\APGame\CookedPC\Packages\Dialogues\News\EG01_NEWS_WAV.upk (there are also EG02, 03, 04, which added the last three items to my original post, but as Hassat Hunter said appear not to be from the credits). The sound files are containers that hold the audio in OGG format along with the subtitles, which can be easily viewed in a text editor.

they are maybe also in localization folders.

It would appear so. In fact, they are just plain text files that don't need any special tools. Go to Alpha Protocol\APGame\Localization\ and then the subfolder appropriate to your language. Look for EG01_NEWS_WAV.XXX (where XXX is the language code) and open it in Notepad or the like. The English subs are also there (in the INT folder), so I could have saved myself a lot of trouble lol.

Edited by Elemental Alchemist

It would appear so. In fact, they are just plain text files that don't need any special tools. Go to Alpha Protocol\APGame\Localization\ and then the subfolder appropriate to your language. Look for EG01_NEWS_WAV.XXX (where XXX is the language code) and open it in Notepad or the like. The English subs are also there (in the INT folder), so I could have saved myself a lot of trouble lol.
Thanks, I find and open it in my language. -_-