Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

My hope is that they realize the comparative advantage that Obsidz has for finding quality voice actors in its location. Orange County, CA versus Montgomery County, MD is really no contest in this regard. (And, yes, if you look at the credits for FO3, you'll see that some of the recording was done in Bethesda, Maryland-- just across the street from one of my favorite restaurants.)

((Dammit, now I'm craving seared sea scallops with a light citrusy sauce!))

It's just that from the sound of it, Bethesda spent all their voice acting budget on him and we'll probably have to put up with the same voice actors as Fallout 3.

Not really, he's not an A-list movie actor like Liam Neeson. And unlike Neeson (and like McDowell), he actually does have extensive voice acting experience.

But yeah, I expect many regular Bethesda actors to be there as well.

Yeah the same couple of monotone people who do the voices for most of the generic characters. At least change their accent to make it sound like character A was not voiced by the same person who voiced character B.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Now let's get back to hoping that Fallout New Vegas doesn't use Fallout 3's voice actors. :thumbsup:

I hope Fallout New Vegas doesn't use Fallout 3's voice actors.

Except Kevin Michael Richardson (Sarevok, the dark brotherhood guy in Morrowind, the guy who wants you to blow up megaton in FO 3) He was goodness.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Now let's get back to hoping that Fallout New Vegas doesn't use Fallout 3's voice actors. :thumbsup:

I hope Fallout New Vegas doesn't use Fallout 3's voice actors.

Except Kevin Michael Richardson (Sarevok, the dark brotherhood guy in Morrowind, the guy who wants you to blow up megaton in FO 3) He was goodness.

Aehm.. KMR didn't work on Fallout 3.

Per wiki, KMR is credited with:

Career

Richardson has usually portrayed villainous characters due to his deep voice.

His credits include Captain Gantu from Lilo & Stitch, Goro in Mortal Kombat, the second voice of Skulker on Danny Phantom, Sarevok in the Baldur's Gate series, Jolee Bindo in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Crunch Bandicoot in two of the Crash Bandicoot games, Tartarus from Halo 2, The Joker in The Batman, Ultimate Supreme Executive Chairman Drek in Ratchet & Clank, Openly Gator from Queer Duck, and Barney Rubble from modern-day animated series and movies based upon The Flintstones, Maurice the Aye-Aye from The Penguins of Madagascar, and the unbeatable guardian of the time portal in Samurai Jack.

He often plays characters based on and satirizing comedian Bill Cosby, such as on Family Guy (with the voice of Jerome in the 7th episode of the 8th season) and The Boondocks. He also voices Cleveland Brown, Jr. in The Cleveland Show.

In addition, hes done a crapton of TV and movies. Source.

Edited by Gfted1

Yeah the same couple of monotone people who do the voices for most of the generic characters. At least change their accent to make it sound like character A was not voiced by the same person who voiced character B.

This always bugged me. I mean, I'm no expert but if they do VO for multiple characters, and use the exact same voice (their "default" voice, if you will) for all of them, can we still call them voice actors (i.e. are they really earning their pay)?

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I mean, I'm no expert but if they do VO for multiple characters, and use the exact same voice (their "default" voice, if you will) for all of them, can we still call them voice actors (i.e. are they really earning their pay)?

Maybe they should speak with a fake Italian or French accent, huh? At least it isn't so blatantly obvious as in Oblivion (except for the elderly people). I noticed only after a few playthroughs that for instance Star Paladin Cross & Reilly have the same voice actress.

And at least plot important characters (Sarah Lyons, Dr Li, Dad, Three Dog, Amata) have unique voices.

Overview:

Beatrice Armstrong: Reilly / Star Paladin Cross / Victoria Watts

Karen Carbone: Catherine (Mother) / Moira Brown / Red / Suzie Mack

Mike Rosson: Colin Moriarty / Doctor Lesko / Charon / Gob / Roy Phillips / Male Ghouls (Argonians in Morrowind/Oblivion)

Craig Sechler: Butch DeLoria / Harkness / Billy Creel / Crazy Wolfgang / Sticky / Andy Stahl / Sergeant Bejamin Montgomery (Operation Anchorage) / Male Talon Company merceneries (Dunmer/Bosmer/Altmer in Oblivion)

James Lewis: Mr. Brotch / Jericho / Eulogy Jones / Smiling Jack / Captain Ishmael Ashur - The Pitt / Male Raiders

Wes Johnson: Mr. Burke / Fawkes / Uncle Leo / Scribe Bigsley / Super Mutants / Protectron / Sentry Bot / Tracker Yokels - Point Lookout

Jan Johns: Lucy West / Clover / Sierra Petrovita

Duncan Hood: Overseer Alphonse Almodovar / Dukov / Scribe Reginald Rothchild

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

This always bugged me. I mean, I'm no expert but if they do VO for multiple characters, and use the exact same voice (their "default" voice, if you will) for all of them, can we still call them voice actors (i.e. are they really earning their pay)?

I'll just point out that there's a quest in Oblivion where Wes Johnson plays all three npcs involved in the quest. There's a point near the end, where al three npcs will be talking with you and to each other at the same time. So basically, that's Wes Johnson having a three way convo with himself. He pulls off making all three voices slightly different quite well.

Blame Bethesda for putting him in that dumb a situation by not hiring a handful of additonal voice actors to provide some variety.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'll just point out that there's a quest in Oblivion where Wes Johnson plays all three npcs involved in the quest. There's a point near the end, where al three npcs will be talking with you and to each other at the same time. So basically, that's Wes Johnson having a three way convo with himself.

:lol:

He's a bit of a ham, but I like the guy. By and large, Fallout 3's VO wasn't half bad. ...a massive improvement on Oblivion at least.

Wow. Obsidian manages to sneak a few Fallout references even in the pre-order bonuses? That's... both strange and cool at the same time. :x

EDIT : I don't want to jump to conclusions, but judging by Jason Bergman's twitter it looks like they're recording voice overs in California. I hope I didn't misinterpret things. I really really really hope.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I'll just point out that there's a quest in Oblivion where Wes Johnson plays all three npcs involved in the quest. There's a point near the end, where al three npcs will be talking with you and to each other at the same time. So basically, that's Wes Johnson having a three way convo with himself. He pulls off making all three voices slightly different quite well.

Which quest?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That reminds me. Was anyone up for me and my mate making a bunch of Nuka Cola Quantum lamps?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.