Mike the Pacifist

**** yes. This was one of the best aspects of Fallout and Deus Ex - not that I ever did it, but the fact that every encounter made it an option, which I often took.

Is it actually possible to not kill anyone in Deus Ex? I could have sworn there were a few people that had to be killed. Still, this is good news and I'll definitely being trying this out when I finally get my hands on a copy.

Nah, Navarre could only be avoided with a glitch.

Yeah the game treats Anna as dead. You have to damage her enough till she runs and opens the door on her way.

Blocking Anna and going after Alex so he opens the door also works.

Gunther and Simons can be run from easily.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/ne...ing-a-Soul.html

Exactly as the name implies, we can now be a pacifist and complete the game without killing anybody. Hooray for being nice :grin:

This seems like a fun acheivement to try to get, I'd like to know how this would be possible after watching all the action gameplay videos. It looked like stealth had a very limited timer and that enemies were alerted very quickly. Is this refering to Knock Out martial arts techniques or stun darts or something?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/ne...ing-a-Soul.html

Exactly as the name implies, we can now be a pacifist and complete the game without killing anybody. Hooray for being nice :grin:

This seems like a fun acheivement to try to get, I'd like to know how this would be possible after watching all the action gameplay videos. It looked like stealth had a very limited timer and that enemies were alerted very quickly. Is this refering to Knock Out martial arts techniques or stun darts or something?

It shouldn't have anything to do with that stupid 'achievement' system. It only lessens the value of actually achieving it.

Is it possible to get through missions without any interaction with the bad guys? Meaning getting in and out without touching anyone or letting them see you.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Is it possible to get through missions without any interaction with the bad guys? Meaning getting in and out without touching anyone or letting them see you.

There are certain missions in Alpha Protocol that involve getting in and out without touching people or alerting anyone. In certain situations, this also provides opportunities to score points with contacts and handlers.

However, not all missions are like this. There will be situations where Thorton will be forced to fight... just not forced to kill. :fdevil:

You can kill almost anyone in the game, really, including pretty much every major character.

There's actually a way to play through the game where you don't ever meet SIE, as well; I was pretty surprised because she's always been a pretty major part of my Moscow playthroughs. But if you don't go to an optional mission, then she's just never featured in the rest of the game because she and Mike never met originally.

This game is pretty crazy sometimes.

Matthew Rorie

She's german.

sorry German

You can kill almost anyone in the game, really, including pretty much every major character.

There's actually a way to play through the game where you don't ever meet SIE, as well; I was pretty surprised because she's always been a pretty major part of my Moscow playthroughs. But if you don't go to an optional mission, then she's just never featured in the rest of the game because she and Mike never met originally.

Crazy is Good, By the sounds of it you Guys/Girls deserve a cookie and some milk for making such a kick ass game ;)

blap london

aaliyah-20071002-319152_V96.jpg

Look in Bruce's eye and tell me you're not lying.

I know this is Obsidian and all, but this is starting to sound too good. Like once-in-a-lifetime good. You really are making this game, not bringing it back from the future, or forcing alien slaves to program it, right?

Crazy is Good, By the sounds of it you Guys/Girls deserve a cookie and some milk for making such a kick ass game ;)

I would give you guys some, but im saving mine for Santa.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Look in Bruce's eye and tell me you're not lying.

I know this is Obsidian and all, but this is starting to sound too good. Like once-in-a-lifetime good. You really are making this game, not bringing it back from the future, or forcing alien slaves to program it, right?

Trust me, I was as surprised as anyone. But yeah, thanks to the mission structure of the hubs, some characters you simply won't meet if you skip some of the optional missions. I mean, this is a major character who can pop up in multiple missions and is one of the romance targets, but it's entirely possible to never meet her in a playthrough.

Matthew Rorie

Crazy is Good, By the sounds of it you Guys/Girls deserve a cookie and some milk for making such a kick ass game :thumbsup:

What are trying to say here That Obsidian head devs is not the fat jolly man :verymad: No Cookies and milk for them now there gonna have to settle for Kit kats and Spring water

blap london

She's german.

sorry German

No harm done. :thumbsup:

Trust me, I was as surprised as anyone. But yeah, thanks to the mission structure of the hubs, some characters you simply won't meet if you skip some of the optional missions. I mean, this is a major character who can pop up in multiple missions and is one of the romance targets, but it's entirely possible to never meet her in a playthrough.

I'll probably go crazy thinking about missing an NPC while playing, but still:

allhail.gif

Crazy is Good, By the sounds of it you Guys/Girls deserve a cookie and some milk for making such a kick ass game :thumbsup:

What are trying to say here That Obsidian head devs is not the fat jolly man :verymad: No Cookies and milk for them now there gonna have to settle for Kit kats and Spring water

So what your sayin is that Matthew Rorie is Santa?

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

So what your sayin is that Matthew Rorie is Santa?

I assume This Matthew rorie is the head dev then so yes i thought he was santa because i wrote to santa a long time ago( 2 years ago) to make awesome spy game ( where i could decide the outcome) and Then i heard this game so assumed it was santa :verymad: but it seems he is not :thumbsup:

blap london