Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Start of old thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=47265

End of old thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...7265&st=495

Umm, that would currently be the Aliens

(as I am afraid that the games I really would like to see either doesn't meet expectations or turn vapourware alltogether)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Rumors are flying around about a new X-com. Having a professional studio tackle that game would be great, especially if they stick to the squad level TB combat. I think Irrational is in the rumor mill as a developer. Even if they use the RTS system of Freedom Force, I'd probably still be happy.

Rumors are flying around about a new X-com. Having a professional studio tackle that game would be great, especially if they stick to the squad level TB combat.

If there were such a thing as a god of gaming (Ludo?) I would kiss his feet if that happened ;(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

http://pc.ign.com/articles/871/871944p1.html

Here's an article on it. The big question is whether the game is two years out, or 5 years out. If they've started on it already (as early as 2005 is possible) then we could see previews by the end of the year.

Thanks Hurlshot.

That means that there is still room for my wettest deams and my worst nightmares regarding X-Com to come true ;(

Ace combat 7. Can't wait to see if they'll actually have learned from AC6's flaws (story, voice acting and small amount of missions/planes).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

NHL 09, ME2, DA, Aliens RPG, JE2 (though I'm starting to doubt its possible existence), and MVP EA (whenever they get the license back).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Firaxis had the rights to Xcom on last count. Since it and Irrational are owned/part of 2Kgames now, who knows?

Regardless, it better have co-op.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Street Fighter IV. IT's kind of a 2.5D remake of the best fighting game ever, and it's coming to the PC.

Faith No More

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Mass Effect (another 5 days, I think it is)

Sam & Max Season 3

Aliens RPG

Alpha Protocol

The Witcher Special Edition

NWN2: Purgatorio

NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate

Secret Files 2

Runaway 3

Gray Matter (still!)

A Vampyre Story

Still Life 2

Rise of the Argonauts

The Sims 3

Dragon Age

Fallout 3

And probably more...

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Age of Decadence

NWN2: Planescape Purgatorio

NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

A Vampyre Story

There are quite a few indie projects that I'm keeping my eye on, but those are the ones that I'm actively looking forward to so to speak.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

and MVP EA (whenever they get the license back).

"Even if EA acquired Take 2 today, that wouldn't happen. Takes way too much time to build something from scratch. The earliest you'd see an EA-made baseball game would be 2010. For 2009, they'd simply publish 2K9 while starting up an in-house team to make MVP 2010 (or whatever they'd call it)."

From an ex developer that worked with EA on MVP "DrJones"on the possibility of a new EA baseball game.

Take it for what it's worth.

The Civ brand works for me so I'm pretty happy and will buy this game, but I've never played the original version of 'Colonization'. I do like the CivIV mode where you all start off on one continent and have to conquer the other after discovering Astronomy - is it anything like that?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

NX2 baby

Pretty much jumped first on my list. Sorry AP, you don't have custom party creation!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The Civ brand works for me so I'm pretty happy and will buy this game, but I've never played the original version of 'Colonization'. I do like the CivIV mode where you all start off on one continent and have to conquer the other after discovering Astronomy - is it anything like that?

Yes and no. Colonization was very focused on the economy and being the colonies of one of four countries. I didn't try it when it came out but tried it later when I found it at a friends house, good ideas and fun but very old. As far as I remember you won by defeating the homeland in a great war.

I'm sure that one of our oldskool guys can explain it better or you can go to wikipedia.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Storm of Zehir :(