Bug in Lootra/Aaida Quest

Hey there everyone. In order to safely get Aaida out of the refugee sector in the "Galactic Reunification" side quest, you have to eliminate the two Exchange Thugs that Guard the entrance to the area. Earlier I gained entrance without violence, being a light sider, and now I can't get them both to go hostile so I can kill them.

There is a way to start a combat without getting Dark Side Points, which is to use a character other than the Exile to talk to the Trandoshan (the reptilian guard) and to use the intimidate dialogue. That will fail, and the Trandoshan Guard will attack, and my party beats him into a little greasy spot in the hallway. My problem is that the Gamorrean won't go hostile, and I can't get into a real dialogue with him. When I try to talk to him I just get the little text bar over his head that non-important NPCs get.

Because I have no way to get into a fight with him, it makes the mission impossible to complete.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Try all your characters, especially your weakest ones and then intimidate. I had Bao-Dur at level 8(saving exp for jedi classes) and when he intimidated it failed, but if you have all your characters above level 10 it probably wont work. So if you want to fight those gueards you can do 1 of 2 things:

1. Piss off the guy who is the head of the Exchange in the refugee sector and then u kill him and all his minions.

2. Let one of the Gammorrean guards(not the one guarding the entrance) see you unlock and steal some of their stuff from their containers and all guards will attack you on site.

Eventually you have to purify the refugee sector of the Exchange anyway(if lightside) so might as well do it. Also, dont forget to tell Aida the path is clear after u kill the guards!

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Try all your characters, especially your weakest ones and then intimidate. . . .

1. Piss off the guy who is the head of the Exchange in the refugee sector and then u kill him and all his minions.

2. Let one of the Gammorrean guards(not the one guarding the entrance) see you unlock and steal some of their stuff from their containers and all guards will attack you on site." . . .

I can get the Trandoshan guard to attack by using a character with a low strenght rating. I just can't get the Gamorrean to activate at all. I did steal some items from the containers and kill the other gamorrians; the other one still stood there like the only non-violent buddhist Gamorrian in the galaxy.

I've done most of the Nar Shadda level; I just got back from Goto's ship. I can't seem to get I Sequesh (or SeaQuest, or Ryan Seacrest, or whatever the heck his name is) to go hostile, but I only get the "why do you hate humans so much?" option which ends essentially ends the conversation.

The wierd thing is TSL has no function by which to start combat without a dialogue option. I wish I could just stab his porky a-- in the back with my lightsaber; I wouldn't care about the DSPs by now.

There a couple of non Gammorrean guards scattered through out the upper and lower levels leading to Saquish's command room. Kill ALL of them and then the journal will pop up that says you removed all of the guards in Aaida's way and you should tell her that.

Or, if you have enough LS points... You can just be an evil bastard, take the DS hit and lie to her that you cleared the way and learn that she gets killed horribly :-

Either way, it ends this subquest and you still get the XP from it.

How about the bug (or poorly designed sidequest) that allows you to kill Lootra and then help Aaida to escape the Refugee Quad. Not only did I get LS points for helping her after killing her husband, I was able to go back to the flophouse and have her thank me for reuniting her with Lootra (who wasn't there). Wierd.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I just killed Sasquish, or what ever his name is, and all the Exchange goons go hostile with me.  Funny thing is I am pretty sure that I got light side points when I confronted him.

It's not a glitch as confrontations with criminals and Exchange members are viewed (by the game) as LS deeds since you are in fact taking out bad guys.

You can do this to about any of the gang bosses and other Exchange bosses like Lupok on Citadel Station -- You can actually kill him and Luxa and not take a DS hit because you are helping innocents (the Ithorians). The only evil people you can't kill are Jana Lorna (Czerka Corp.) and of course, Goto.

How about the bug (or poorly designed sidequest) that allows you to kill Lootra and then help Aaida to escape the Refugee Quad. Not only did I get LS points for helping her after killing her husband, I was able to go back to the flophouse and have her thank me for reuniting her with Lootra (who wasn't there). Wierd.

Had that my first time TSL too, the irritating part is that this will cause the quest to be stuck in your journal (active) forever, as you have to talk to Lootra to finish it...

EDIT: And the Suisquish (fish-guy): You get LS because the convo is: [intimidate]"Leave the Refugees alone"

If it fails (always does appears so) they al get hostile but you do did a good job.

Very irritating it is if you are DS and want to fight them, this LS way is the only way...